Ron Harper NBA TV Interview

He was on NBA TV last week and I couldn't help but laugh
laugh.gif
I felt bad about itbecause I know several people who have met him and they all said he was a great guy. Also in his Cavs days he was a beast.
pimp.gif

He picks his team to beat
Says Kobe is the best player in the game but MJ was still better

He said Spurs vs Pistons in Finals

King...I couldn't make it through the whole thing...it was hard to watch/listen to....I gotta give him props for putting himself out there like that, andnot letting his speech impediment get the best of him.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Is this it? I feel terrible for the guy.

I couldn't watch the whole thing
tired.gif
I don't know how somepeople laugh at that.

GSDOUBLEU:
This will get locked by ska.
Why? It's just a thread about the interview. The thread I locked last time was about making fun of him, and that's not going to fly withme.

Me? I can't laugh at speech impediments, but I don't find it disrespectful every time that someone does. But it's not something to champion,something to treat as normal, like 'Hey, everyone come join me in laughing at this speech-impediment having fool!'

There's a supreme difference between blatantly, disrespectfully laughing at someone's speech impediment... and trying not to laugh and trying to berespectful, but chuckling a few times. This thread is that latter; that other thread last week was the former.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

GSDOUBLEU:
This will get locked by ska.
Why? It's just a thread about the interview. The thread I locked last time was about making fun of him, and that's not going to fly with me.

Me? can't laugh at speech impediments, but I don't find disrespectful everyone that does. But it's not something to champion, something to treat as normal, like 'Hey, everyone come laugh at this speech-impediment having fool!'

There's a supreme difference between blatantly, disrespectfully laughing at someone's speech impediment... and trying not to laugh and trying to be respectful, but chuckling a few times. This thread is that latter; that other thread last week was the former.

Alright, i there is a difference

I wanted to make a post about this like two weeks ago.

He was on NBA TV gamenight, which is live, and he was killing me man.

I couldn't make it through, that was the first time i've ever heard someone that stutters.

He was talking about rookies, he was like Al Hooooo..........rford.

I couldn't watch it anymore.

Props to him for not letting it get the best of him though.

I chuckled a couple times in the first 30 seconds he was talking but then you get used to it. Props to him for still coming on tv and having the confidence todo interviews despite his stuttering.

One of my best friends growing up had a severe stuttering problem, but after awhile you hardly notice it. It also helps that he had a good sense of humor aboutit.

its awkward and funny sometimes but I have a homey who stutters a lot and we all find it normal and if it takes him 40 mins to pronounce what he wanna do oreat, we'll wait 40 mins

I didn't laugh at that. It was nice seeing Harp on my TV again.

I remember when Sheed mocked his impediment during the Western Finals in 2000, and I thought it was classless. Sheed had a speech impediment of his own, whenHarp's Lakers knocked out Sheed's Blazers, thus silencing Sheed...

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I didn't even crack a smile, it was an interesting interview though.
Word. I do feel bad for him though, but props to him for still doing interviews. He was born with it right? Anyways, dude was a nice player, especiallyhis rookie year with the Cavs.

He's nowhere as bad as Bill Walton used to be....other people in the booth had to wear rain coats he stuttered and spit so bad.

Back
Top Bottom