Ron Paul Thread. "Farewell Address" Pt.1 Vid and text.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Yes! Lets get rid of these career politicians and vote someone into office who's been in Congress for a total of 35 years!
You can't be serious.

Ha! Ha! thats a good point. Mr. Paul has had a successful career, but the point is the guy doesn't want to destroy our middle class 
people. This is a current initiative for a lot of currupt career politicians. Go look at Pauls "career" and post some dirt so I can read it.

I don't quite understand how completely deregulating markets won't destroy the middle class. If I recall correctly, deregulation was a cause of what happened in 2008. 
It irks me when people say this. 
Deregulation can be used in a number of ways. Just as regulation can. Many times, regulation is used by certain corporations against current and future competitors. It all depends how deregulation/regulation is structured and enforced. 

Saying deregulation is what caused the bust in the housing boom is ignorant and simplistic. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Ron Paul is the only guy that will make me consider voting Republican. All the other candidates are just too similar, and seem to be the same old typical GOP politician...if it's Romney or Bachmann winning the ticket there's 0 chance I'll vote for them. However if it's Ron Paul going up against Obama, it will make things very interesting and I'm going to need to think very hard about who to vote for.

Ron Paul is the only guy that will make me consider voting Republican. All the other candidates are just too similar, and seem to be the same old typical GOP politician...if it's Romney or Bachmann winning the ticket there's 0 chance I'll vote for them. However if it's Ron Paul going up against Obama, it will make things very interesting and I'm going to need to think very hard about who to vote for.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Deregulation can be used in a number of ways. Just as regulation can. Many times, regulation is used by certain corporations against current and future competitors. It all depends how deregulation/regulation is structured and enforced. 

Saying deregulation is what caused the bust in the housing boom is ignorant and simplistic. 

Honestly I'm not saying it was the only cause, but it certainly had a lot to do with it. 

Honestly I'm not saying it was the only cause, but it certainly had a lot to do with it. 

Yes! Lets get rid of these career politicians and vote someone into office who's been in Congress for a total of 35 years!
You can't be serious.

Ha! Ha! thats a good point. Mr. Paul has had a successful career, but the point is the guy doesn't want to destroy our middle class 
people. This is a current initiative for a lot of currupt career politicians. Go look at Pauls "career" and post some dirt so I can read it.

I don't quite understand how completely deregulating markets won't destroy the middle class. If I recall correctly, deregulation was a cause of what happened in 2008. 

Cmon, whats wrong with you?

Fox news would hook you up with the right education.

You can't be serious.

Cmon, whats wrong with you?

Fox news would hook you up with the right education.

deregulation is what fosters business growth. Actually in the long run it is an illusion. It's actually and waxing and a waning of government restriction on certain areas of business. When companies swallow up too much of one service, they splinter off into groups and give the public consumer that someone new in town is doing business when in actuality, it's the same people behind the facade of a new corporation. Take telecommunications for example. Every time they deregulated them, a plethora of new telephone companies emerged. In reality, all of those phone service where coming from the same provider/broker, just bundled up into different packages by the carriers/ new companies.

It's just the season for deregulation. It's nothing new, or old. Just cycles like everything else we deal with in life. The cycle is just slow to change faces because greedy people are scared of when the well runs dry and if they even have the aptitude to compete and generate as much revenue as they did in a new and emerging market. The problems with new emerging markets is the uncertainty of variables present and their effects.

Simply put, most people who are wealthy and prosperous now would not make it to the same level of wealth and status in a fair and level playing field. They don't have what it takes. That is why they cheat...

deregulation is what fosters business growth. Actually in the long run it is an illusion. It's actually and waxing and a waning of government restriction on certain areas of business. When companies swallow up too much of one service, they splinter off into groups and give the public consumer that someone new in town is doing business when in actuality, it's the same people behind the facade of a new corporation. Take telecommunications for example. Every time they deregulated them, a plethora of new telephone companies emerged. In reality, all of those phone service where coming from the same provider/broker, just bundled up into different packages by the carriers/ new companies.

It's just the season for deregulation. It's nothing new, or old. Just cycles like everything else we deal with in life. The cycle is just slow to change faces because greedy people are scared of when the well runs dry and if they even have the aptitude to compete and generate as much revenue as they did in a new and emerging market. The problems with new emerging markets is the uncertainty of variables present and their effects.

Simply put, most people who are wealthy and prosperous now would not make it to the same level of wealth and status in a fair and level playing field. They don't have what it takes. That is why they cheat...

There were several guilty parties in the burst of the housing bubble. Legislation was pushing for every american to own a home, the housing industry was booming because of this, more people had disposable income, loans and credit were incredibly easy to come by, and everyone was operating under the assumption that their house would just keep appreciating. Wall Street firms were bundling these mortgages up as securities and having their greatest profit years, banks started offering exotic loan products with negative amortization, and the requirements to obtain these loans was to basically have a 500 credit score and a pulse. It was like the wild wild west or something.

The One ad is awesome though. I really hope his momentum can keep building and Congressman Paul can have a legit shot at the Republican candidacy.

There were several guilty parties in the burst of the housing bubble. Legislation was pushing for every american to own a home, the housing industry was booming because of this, more people had disposable income, loans and credit were incredibly easy to come by, and everyone was operating under the assumption that their house would just keep appreciating. Wall Street firms were bundling these mortgages up as securities and having their greatest profit years, banks started offering exotic loan products with negative amortization, and the requirements to obtain these loans was to basically have a 500 credit score and a pulse. It was like the wild wild west or something.

The One ad is awesome though. I really hope his momentum can keep building and Congressman Paul can have a legit shot at the Republican candidacy.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Look at what they are doing to make up for their loses.
[h2]Banks bulldozing towns across America[/h2]
banks-right-knocking-homes.n.jpg

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Look at what they are doing to make up for their loses.
[h2]Banks bulldozing towns across America[/h2]
banks-right-knocking-homes.n.jpg

US politics are = to the WWE. Its not so much about talent. Its more of a popularity contest and undercutting.

US politics are = to the WWE. Its not so much about talent. Its more of a popularity contest and undercutting.

It didn't have a lot to do with it.
How did deregulation have a lot to do with:

-  low fed funds rate from about 02-06

- fraudulent MBS sold by banks

- rating agencies stamping doo-doo as triple A

- "are you breathing?"..."OK. Here's hundred of thousands of USD in loans"

- The "American Dream Downpayment Act"

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]- China and Japan buying up our treasuries (without them it wouldn't of been possible)
[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]- The savings rate going negative[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]
[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]What do these have to do with deregulation? [/font]

[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]The repeal of Glass-Steagal did contribute ...to the blowing up of the banks (due to insane leverage) and the never regulated CDS market. Not to the burst of the housing bubble. [/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]- China and Japan buying up our treasuries (without them it wouldn't of been possible)
[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]- The savings rate going negative[/font]

[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]What do these have to do with deregulation? [/font]

[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]The repeal of Glass-Steagal did contribute ...to the blowing up of the banks (due to insane leverage) and the never regulated CDS market. Not to the burst of the housing bubble. [/font]

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I've never voted before, but isn't it possible for a Democrat to switch to Republican and vote in the primaries, then switch back to Democrat right after?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I've never voted before, but isn't it possible for a Democrat to switch to Republican and vote in the primaries, then switch back to Democrat right after?

Wr- As soon as I started reading that I knew somehow the banks were going to get a tax break out of this.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Wawawewa- I would add CDOs to that list as well. It amazes me that the people on Wall Street could create derivatives so complicated that no one knew how to properly value them, yet convinced the S&P, Moodys, etc, that they were worthy of AAA rating.

Wr- As soon as I started reading that I knew somehow the banks were going to get a tax break out of this.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Wawawewa- I would add CDOs to that list as well. It amazes me that the people on Wall Street could create derivatives so complicated that no one knew how to properly value them, yet convinced the S&P, Moodys, etc, that they were worthy of AAA rating.

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

You're right, I got mixed up. 

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

You're right, I got mixed up. 

EVERY MAN IS CORRUPTIBLE...

It's pretty easy for him to be principled as an insignificant (even in his own party) member of the House of Representatives.... As president half of it would go out the window day 1....

Little bit of REALISTIC pessimism for your Utopian Fantasy...

EVERY MAN IS CORRUPTIBLE...

It's pretty easy for him to be principled as an insignificant (even in his own party) member of the House of Representatives.... As president half of it would go out the window day 1....

Little bit of REALISTIC pessimism for your Utopian Fantasy...

Back
Top Bottom