Rona Economy Thread

Anybody in here lost their job due to the rona?

how y’all bouncing back?

Lost two jobs this year, my ft gig if 6 years, and my on again, off again p/t gig... as of right, I’m living off of a few 401k dollars I took out just before rona hit and unemployment benefits from the full time gig. I was just called back for the p/t gig Sunday. My life was in transition to nowhere before rona hit, I had not a clue where, or what I wanted to do.

Additional school seems to be top priority, for a masters, but all these Requirements for the good grad programs. Essays, multiple letters of recommendation, interviews, etc.. seems a little excessive. I’m 34 years old and so far removed from trying to ‘prove’ myself to these institutions, WHEN I see the kinda students they already let in there lol. My alma maters MBA students are largely laughable, and y’all want me to jump through hoops to join them!?!

so, outside of all that is starting a few businesses, and working for myself within the next year.

both my parents lost their jobs cuz of rona but they don’t even care cuz they’re eating good off of unemployment and the severance package they got

on top of that they successfully filed for bankruptcy so now they have zero debt. They own their house and all the cars are paid off

I’m proud of them

both my parents lost their jobs cuz of rona but they don’t even care cuz they’re eating good off of unemployment and the severance package they got

on top of that they successfully filed for bankruptcy so now they have zero debt. They own their house and all the cars are paid off

I’m proud of them

That’s how you do it!

luckily they have no need for credit and cash for emergencies. Plus it’s so easy to rebound from a bankruptcy.

I've been seeing negative news about the savings rate increasing. They actually want people to spend the money to stimulate the economy. They are trying trickle up economics for the first time but they so dam cheap and Scarry they don't understand they haven't given people enough to do anything with. 2 months later they are still patting themselves on the back for that $1200 dollars that everyone hasnt even received. These politicians are really showing how out of touch they are.
Post from June.
Now October and statement still stands.

Back
Top Bottom