Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

C1C28C8A-4F93-4E9E-9822-76A40C55E0DA.jpeg

Honestly probably cheaper if you got the base model and went to get it sole swapped with a crepe sole lol

That's true, I'm sure uncle Ronnie is not going cheap out with the choice of materials.

I'm 13 months into a 15 month wait for a pair of Wesco boots. 4-6 months ain't nothing for something I know I want. If you don't know if you want something 6 months from now, maybe you don't actually want it, huh?

Who likes to wait? I rather pay resale and get em now than wait 4-6 months.

I rather wait than overspend and reward a reseller.

Rewarding a reseller?

I mean if thats your way of thinking, I could care less nor do I see it as “rewarding” someone. Resellers exist, always have always will. You want something pay up, if you dont for whatever reason on to the next, simple as that in my eyes. He aint getting a laugh off me or anyone he sells to if youre paying market. Let em eat.

Rewarding a reseller?

I mean if thats your way of thinking, I could care less nor do I see it as “rewarding” someone. Resellers exist, always have always will. You want something pay up, if you dont for whatever reason on to the next, simple as that in my eyes. He aint getting a laugh off me or anyone he sells to if youre paying market. Let em eat.

You telling me that if you could just peep the future release calendar for J's, let's say, and Nike said "Hey, it's September 1st and we're opening a 48-hour pre-order for the re-imagined White Cement 3s, which will release March 11th of next year to the public. Pre-orders are guaranteed delivery in 4-6 months, and will will produce an extra limited amount to be released via SNKRS raffle and at other retailers on March 11th.", you wouldn't gladly have jumped on board? You're paying 4-6 months before delivery, but you get to avoid paying resale, dealing with online and an in-store raffles and release day morning madness (unless you want extra pairs). I would JUUUUUMMMMPPP at that opportunity. I'd even pay a premium for a guaranteed pair of a lot of the stuff I've missed out on.

You telling me that if you could just peep the future release calendar for J's, let's say, and Nike said "Hey, it's September 1st and we're opening a 48-hour pre-order for the re-imagined White Cement 3s, which will release March 11th of next year to the public. Pre-orders are guaranteed delivery in 4-6 months, and will will produce an extra limited amount to be released via SNKRS raffle and at other retailers on March 11th.", you wouldn't gladly have jumped on board? You're paying 4-6 months before delivery, but you get to avoid paying resale, dealing with online and an in-store raffles and release day morning madness (unless you want extra pairs). I would JUUUUUMMMMPPP at that opportunity. I'd even pay a premium for a guaranteed pair of a lot of the stuff I've missed out on.

Its a very ridiculous scenario (and diff since youre saying a preorder for something thats not released yet but anyways) but ill entertain it as is: No. I woudnt. If I won the lotto today and wanted a brand new Porsche GT3 with all the options in Chalk but id have to wait 6 months for mine to be built I rather go look for a used one and buy it now.

Rewarding a reseller?

Yeah, they copped solely to resell it at a marked up price when it could've gone to someone that wanted a pair but took a L on. Also it is a good chance the reseller used a bot.

Yeah, they copped solely to resell it at a marked up price when it could've gone to someone that wanted a pair but took a L on. Also it is a good chance the reseller used a bot.

Take off the rose tinted glasses sir. The world is a cold and cruel place.

I'm gonna keep giving my money to companies making good products I can afford and want to own and in this case wear. I've joined kickstarter campaigns for stuff I wanted and the wait is meaningless to me. Especially when guys are doing math on 4 months of interest like that comes out to more than the $200 premium on the resell market right now.

Better question is why would anyone with hundreds of shoes need a new one so bad they'd pay hundreds more rather than wait? Only obvious answer is to stunt, and that's neither my style nor my personality. Tossing hundreds at people just cause they got lucky or used a bot is my personal definition of wasted money. And if I did that every month, I'd probably have lost enough over the past decade to buy a nice ride.

Take off the rose tinted glasses sir. The world is a cold and cruel place.
And? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Onus is on the buyer with the resell market. The proliferation of resellers in the last couple of years have just make it difficult for all sneaker enthusiasts. It was once a niche thing that really only affected really hyped up sneakers and now it can be any sneaker with any amount of semblance of hype. All it does is turn the real heads away from this niche hobby. Why would you want to contribute that?

At this point Romnie needs to touch an am1 to get me exited. I'm al old head that's not bouncing from silo to silo every month. Touch an am1, am90, or aj3 or its a yawn for me.

And? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Onus is on the buyer with the resell market. The proliferation of resellers in the last couple of years have just make it difficult for all sneaker enthusiasts. It was once a niche thing that really only affected really hyped up sneakers and now it can be any sneaker with any amount of semblance of hype. All it does is turn the real heads away from this niche hobby. Why would you want to contribute that?

It is what it is, thats how it is with the “game” right now. Play or dont play.

It is what it is, thats how it is with the “game” right now. Play or dont play.
That might be a rational point in another discussion. There was a choice here. And you seem to be knocking the option while pushing resellers at $200 more. So it’s not relavant at all. There are a LOT of real heads who would love the option to buy any shoe they love with a guarantee they get it. You may not be one of them, but there’s no downside to how this release was handled. Even all the flippers are sticking with their $450+ price point so it hasn’t even killed their middleman game.

I don’t need rose tinted glasses to know I saved $200 that can buy a whole other shoe 🤣

That might be a rational point in another discussion. There was a choice here. And you seem to be knocking the option while pushing resellers at $200 more. So it’s not relavant at all. There are a LOT of real heads who would love the option to buy any shoe they love with a guarantee they get it. You may not be one of them, but there’s no downside to how this release was handled. Even all the flippers are sticking with their $450+ price point so it hasn’t even killed their middleman game.

I don’t need rose tinted glasses to know I saved $200 that can buy a whole other shoe 🤣

And why would retailers and manufacturers not want to figure out a way to get that extra $200 in their pocket at least some of the time? Seems like it is at least worth a try, right? I know that the shops and brands benefit from the hype and the perception of limited availability, and it benefits them in the short term, but at some point it would be nice if they would at least try to fool us into thinking that they care about the enthusiasts and the culture and not just profit and growth.

Plus, someone's gotta do a study on the carbon footprint and all the hands involved in Nike (or any brand) contracting a shipper to transport a shoe to fulfill a retail purchase who sells and ships it to a reseller who sells through StockX/GOAT and ships it to them who then ships it to the end user who sits on it for a while and then sells it to another person through StockX/GOAT. How much money, waste, and carbon footprint could be saved by Nike just preordering and shipping it to me directly and putting it on my feet?

I never said pre orders are whack. I said that I, personally, hate waiting so I rather pay. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom