Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Call me a boba liberal but I ain’t watch football since Kaep got blacklisted

Yeah but is he saying everyone looks the same? I’m not sure I follow. Or know what the average Kith clone looks like

Similar yeah, diff layouts but the hardware and racks and stuff look similar. Downtown BK has the molded AF1’s or whatever they are on the roof, the one in LA (first one) has it also. Same kiosk to pay, changing rooms are fairly similar. The one in Soho has marble floors for the changing rooms. LA and Willyburg have a glass “circle area” where all the shoes are. Downtown BK looks pretty much like the Soho one.

Similar yeah, diff layouts but the hardware and racks and stuff look similar. Downtown BK has the molded AF1’s or whatever they are on the roof, the one in LA (first one) has it also. Same kiosk to pay, changing rooms are fairly similar. The one in Soho has marble floors for the changing rooms. LA and Willyburg have a glass “circle area” where all the shoes are. Downtown BK looks pretty much like the Soho one.
The comment was “full of clones” not that the stores are clones of one another 🤣

Every time I go to kith soho it's PACKED with European tourists for some reason...like always

also LPU...idk why I just thinks it's so fire
20230925_002835.jpg

At least with a kith tee there will be some interesting kicks or jackets or whatever. Every dude in ALD got on the same exact fit.
The collaborative stuff is just one aspect of Kith. Like I didn’t find the appeal in Bronx Tale gear but I’m sure some people did. I think it’s more telling about their execution that historical global brands like Disney, Coca Cola, Marvel, NFL, etc want to work with them on unique projects. More often than not it’s a hit rather than miss. And I wasn’t a big fan of the brand the first few years.

Honestly some of my favorite Kith apparel has been recent and not part of a collab. I have some really comfortable and quality jackets, hoodies, tees, pants.

As far as Ronnie goes, I’ve really enjoyed his work with Adidas this year (IL Comp is my sleeper shoe of the year) and I thought the Marvel pack was a great idea that connected to my childhood. I’ve seen this Toronto pack getting some hate due to the toebox shape and not made in USA NB, but overall I’m pretty impressed by the output this year and can’t wait to get my 8th st sambas in the next couple weeks.

I think it’s more telling about their execution that historical global brands like Disney, Coca Cola, Marvel, NFL, etc want to work with them on unique projects.

I believe you're a little confused. Those collabs are all licensing deals. Kith simply pays these companies to use their logos/etc.

It's not like Ronnie was up in Disney/Coca Cola's headquarters working with their teams on products. The leaders of those companies most likely have no clue what Kith is.

I believe you're a little confused. Those collabs are all licensing deals. Kith simply pays these companies to use their logos/etc.

It's not like Ronnie was up in Disney/Coca Cola's headquarters working with their teams on products. The leaders of those companies most likely have no clue what Kith is.
Some of the licensing is easier to obtain than others. Some companies are incredibly stingy about who can use their likeness and logo and how it will be used. I think that’s where we might disagree. The leaders of the company may not know, but the people in charge of licensing and marketing sure do.

yaw really prolonging a convo about Kith Hot Topic collection?

Once he starts making stuff ethically I will his product another look. Until then, find me on japanese websites.

Once he starts making stuff ethically I will his product another look. Until then, find me on japanese websites.
I'm sorry, but this comment is still cracking me up hours later. On a site for Nike crap complaining about another company using Chinese sweatshops when Nike revolutionized brutal 3rd world sweatshop labor. Literally every shoe on here is made like this but my pants and tees... ethically source em or else! Japan only!

I imagine he’s referring to Kith using Chinese factories.
Bingo. And that's not to say you can't find quality in China (hell, Visvim makes some of their boots in China). But he largesly eschews ethically made garments in my experience. And I do get it--he has to keep his pricing relatively low. And I don't buy Nike shoes anymore--I just read this thread.

Bingo. And that's not to say you can't find quality in China (hell, Visvim makes some of their boots in China). But he largesly eschews ethically made garments in my experience. And I do get it--he has to keep his pricing relatively low.
There's certainly a compromise but I just find it a rather small thing to care about unless you're applying this to all products you purchase. I can respect that but I find it ironic on this particular website. Also not to put sweatshops in a positive light, but I have some friends in the industry who regularly visit the factories in China making their clothing and the conditions and wages are far better than the image most of us have in our heads from the '90's.

There's certainly a compromise but I just find it a rather small thing to care about unless you're applying this to all products you purchase. I can respect that but I find it ironic on this particular website. Also not to put sweatshops in a positive light, but I have some friends in the industry who regularly visit the factories in China making their clothing and the conditions and wages are far better than the image most of us have in our heads from the '90's.
I get that it can seem hypocritical to make this statement on Niketalk.

But this is how I actively live--since 2015 I have primarily purchased clothes made in the US, Canada, Germany, Italy, and Japan. In the last two years I have largely shifted to Japanese brands (the real mccoys, etc.). I try to do it as much as I can, but sometimes its impossible. I wear Vans old skool everyday for instance. I love Reigning Champ. But their new sportswear line is all made in China or Vietman, so I won't purchase that collection, but thankfully most of their stuff is still made in the north and that stuff I love and those garments have lasted for years. I have simply found that the provenance is related to the quality of the garment.

That said, I did note that not ALL chinese factories create bad quality product or are unethical (hence the Visvim reference).

But there's no question KITH produces garments without reference to where they are produced (aside from the tag) and the prices they charge reflect that.

I get that it can seem hypocritical to make this statement on Niketalk.

But this is how I actively live--since 2015 I have primarily purchased clothes made in the US, Canada, Germany, Italy, and Japan. In the last two years I have largely shifted to Japanese brands (the real mccoys, etc.). I try to do it as much as I can, but sometimes its impossible. I wear Vans old skool everyday for instance. I love Reigning Champ. But their new sportswear line is all made in China or Vietman, so I won't purchase that collection, but thankfully most of their stuff is still made in the north and that stuff I love and those garments have lasted for years. I have simply found that the provenance is related to the quality of the garment.

That said, I did note that not ALL chinese factories create bad quality product or are unethical (hence the Visvim reference).

But there's no question KITH produces garments without reference to where they are produced (aside from the tag) and the prices they charge reflect that.
I agree with most of your points, and good for you for trying to live your life in a way that aligns your consumerism with your principles. A lot of people don't even try so perhaps I shouldn't laugh at the comment being on NT where most if not all of the products come from sweatshops.

The only thing I take a little issue with is the last statement. Without reference kind of says they don't even know where their stuff is being made. They very well may have visited their factories or do an annual trip or two to meet with their manufacturing partners. The truth is none of us know how ethical or unethical their production partners are.

But yes, I think a $200 garment made by these factories would probably be a $350 garment made in the U.S. or somewhere else. And I think that compromise is kind of important to Kith as they aren't trying to be the most luxury of luxury brands.

Back
Top Bottom