Rookie of the Year so far

socalxbucks

Banned
The rookie report on Monday 11/12/07. Kevin Durant is in the lead follow by Al Horford, Yi, and Moon. I think ROY will be one of these guys but Sean Williamswon't be surprising if he wins. I know what they doing to Yi in Milwaukee but he's becoming a defensive monster but his offensive is getting weak. Hegot the most beautiful jumper for a seven footer.
pimp.gif

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rookiesoverallxi9.gif

i think durant will, simply for the fact that he's playing for the worst team and he's having to carry the biggest load. ROY has a theme of playersbeing from horrible teams

DURANTULA

Lol

durant will win hands down if he is healthy

hes a great scorer, put him on a bad team, which inflates his states = ROY

I think Horford's been playing VERY well, as has Yi (at least of late). To be honest, Durant hasn't impressed me that much. Yes he's scoring 20 agame, but he's been WILDLY inefficient and hasn't showed anything on the other side of the ball.

Way too small a sample size to be declaring anyone the best so far though.

I like Durant's game ALOT, he can pretty much do anything, but there is no reason why someone his height averages 5 rebs a game...Greg Anderson just gotout of jail, Kevin shoul give him a call.

Horford is a monster on the glass and has a couple of double-doubles already....but Durant's scoring wins this thing easily.

In my opinion, here's the race so far:

#1- Kevin Durant

#2- not Kevin Durant
#3- not Kevin Durant
#4- not Kevin Durant
#5- not Kevin Durant

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

hasn't showed anything on the other side of the ball.

then you must haven't watched him much. all they kept saying was how he was going to struggle guarding pros... and he's held his own on d.
at 19... being the ONLY rookie who is the main focus of the opposing defense every night... i don't know what you were expecting for you to say youhavent been impressed at 20 points and 5 rebounds a night.

damn the warriors were so close to getting sean williams. hopefully our two first-rounders reach their potential.

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

hasn't showed anything on the other side of the ball.

You obviously haven't watched him play enough. he was supposedly equivalent to Adam Morrison on defense. People were saying he'd get run all over,and he's made some pretty great defensive plays. He is definitely not being lazy on that end.

Back
Top Bottom