Rookie of the Year so far

Josh Childress...LOCK

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Anti Theft

Kevin Durant easily, he's the number 1 option on the team.

do you watch any of the games?
laugh.gif

damien friggin wilkins thinkshe's iverson all of a sudden.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SocalxBucks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-071115
You obviously haven't watched him play enough. he was supposedly equivalent to Adam Morrison on defense. People were saying he'd get run all over, and he's made some pretty great defensive plays. He is definitely not being lazy on that end.
Durant is the black Morrison.

I believe my post was about how he's actually playing well defensively, when people thought he'd be completely useless. I didn't ask for someESPN writer's thoughts on who has better shot selection.

al horford has really been impressibe and so has Yi. it should between those two and obviosuly durant.

at 19... being the ONLY rookie who is the main focus of the opposing defense every night... i don't know what you were expecting for you to say you havent been impressed at 20 points and 5 rebounds a night.
But that's the thing, it's easy for me to just see 20 points and be impressed. But it's not that difficult to get 20 when you'rethe #1 option and have the eternal green light. Hell, Durant's shooting a putrid 38% on 19 attempts per game. Not that difficult to score 20 if you'reshooting the rock 20 times, especially when you take into account 3's and FT's. He's 7th in the league in shots per game right now, yet the worstamong the guys ahead of him in terms of FG% is Baron's 43%. Then you got Bron at 47%, Kobe at 49%, T-Mac at 47%, Melo at 45%, and Boozer at 54%. All thoseguys average at least 5 more ppg than Durant. Yes you can say "well it's the likes of Kobe and Bron, you can't put Durant there yet," but thefact of the matter is that he's shooting just as often as those guys, yet has been WAY more inefficient at it. Out of the 33 players in the league takingat least 15 shots per game, only three are shooting worse than Durant right now: Ben Gordon, Jamison, and Arenas. So no, I'm not as impressed by the 20ppgas I would be if I were to just look at it in a vacuum.

That's not to say I think he's a bust by any stretch. I just don't agree with the rounding endorsement some of you have been giving him already.

Back
Top Bottom