Roommate has the swine HELP

Originally Posted by awon23

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by dDENIRO

Originally Posted by raptors29

damn people swear like swine flu is ++###% cancer or something. it's straight. if you get it just treat it as if its a regular flu dont start wildin out

Since when is cancer contagious.
i guess he means the fact that there is no real cure for cancer so if you get it..your a goner...GET IT?

There's no real cure for any of the flu strains either--meaning there's a very real chance that it will kill you, as it does to millions of people annually, globally--GET IT

god damn are you serious? shut your smartass up. the swine flu is like the common flu. thousands of people die from the flu every year. same situation with the swine flu. whereas hundreds of thousands of people die every year from cancer.

!%%@ OUTTA HERE

You know what's really funny here--the fact that you actually believe, and think, that you know what you're talking about. I suppose ignorance isINDEED bliss if it affords you an escape from the truth, however unfortunate it may be.

Now lets begin the process of showing you just how wrong you are:

1. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"The swine flu is like the common flu...."[/color] Wrong--the "swine flu" is astrain of influenza of [color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]PANDEMIC[/color] proportions. Your "commonflu" is often comprised of influenza strain(s) that are, at best, of [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]EPIDEMIC[/color] proportions. [color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]PANDEMIC[/color] =/= [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]EPIDEMIC[/color]. Furthermore, unlike your "common" epidemic type strains,pandemic type strains are rare but most importantly, and this is the distinguishing factor, their capacity for virulence is significantly higher than yourepidemic type strains--the "common flu", as you put it. These characteristics are the reasons why swine flu, a PANDEMIC influenza strain, is anything but like the "common flu"--an epidemic type strain of influenza.

2. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"...thousands of people die from the flu every year. same situation with the swineflu."[/color] Ohhhhh, ok, so let me get this straight, due to the opinion that swine flu is killing thousands of people every year like the "commonflu", from your point of view, there's no reason for people to be "more" alert and concerned. If that's really your logic then WOWWW xSMHHHH. I honestly pray that you don't have dependents, either at one end of the age spectrum, or at both, because you're a potential liability totheir health, and possibly, their mortality, if you're feeding them the products of your faculty, as it pertains to the subject of "swine flu"and the dangers of it.

As previously alluded to, the point of distinction between the "swine flu" and the "common flu" is the level of virulence, and thesubsequent kill rate.
Following a recent World Health Organization (WHO) report that over 1,000 of 1,154 people who have died worldwide from the 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic were in the Americas, schools in the US brace themselves for a "nasty" flu season.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/159820.php

This this means, or rather, what this shows, is the fact that ~87% of people who've contracted swine flu, have died. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I amconfident that the "common flu" does not have a kill rate (mortality rate) of ~87%. Additionally, realize that health organizations from all acrossthe globe have been communicating with each other, sharing information, and actively making efforts, for months now, in a concerted effort to mitigate theimpact of the "swine flu" since its initial detection jump (first human case) in the earlier partof THIS YEAR. Imagine what would happen, the amount of deaths that would stem from "swine flu", if the various health organizations had been lax intheir efforts to combat it, and communities all across the world had been kept in the dark about this strain of influenza, or rather, had been informed that"it's just like the common flu...
eyes.gif
" so no worries. Imaginethe kill rate then?

3. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"whereas hundreds of thousands of people die every year from cancer."[/color] Sure, butjust as well, "hundreds of thousands of people die every year" from less-virulent strains of influenza as well--so what are you sayin'. Thatsaid, imagine the number that would die if more virulent strains of influenza, like the [color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]PANDEMIC[/color] "swine flu", were allowed to run their course. Oh and just to gave you an idea,here's a look at the body counts for the previous known influenza strains to hit pandemic proportions:

29lb7ue.jpg

I don't know about you, but--avg. of a few million > avg. of "hundreds of thousands". Well at least, that's what I was taught back in mathclass during grade school. Now granted, War in conjunction with primitive medicine and a lesser understanding of both viral-host dynamics (as it pertains toinfluenza) and the recombination of influenza viral strains in pigs and birds, may have increased the #'s a bit in favor of the highlighted strains, thefact still remains--a virulent strain of influenza, which will ALWAYS reach pandemic proportions if left alone, will always have a higher mortality rate thancancer, annually.

AND BECAUSE I JUST COULDN'T RESIST...

4. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"shut your smartass up"[/color]

ld6ae.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

5. I'm not trying to scare anyone with the facts, but just as well, I think it's very irresponsible and damn near dangerous for YOU and others, or forothers as a result of what you said, to go around thinking that "swine flu" is like the annual flu or the common cold. Smarten up fam.

damn people swear like swine flu is ++###% cancer or something. it's straight. if you get it just treat it as if its a regular flu dont start wildin out

i guess he means the fact that there is no real cure for cancer so if you get it..your a goner...GET IT?

There's no real cure for any of the flu strains either--meaning there's a very real chance that it will kill you, as it does to millions of people annually, globally--GET IT

god damn are you serious? shut your smartass up. the swine flu is like the common flu. thousands of people die from the flu every year. same situation with the swine flu. whereas hundreds of thousands of people die every year from cancer.

!%%@ OUTTA HERE

You know what's really funny here--the fact that you actually believe, and think, that you know what you're talking about. I suppose ignorance is INDEED bliss if it affords you an escape from the truth, however unfortunate it may be.

1. "The swine flu is like the common flu...." Wrong--the "swine flu" is a strain of influenza of PANDEMIC proportions. Your "common flu" is often comprised of influenza strain(s) that are, at best, of EPIDEMIC proportions. PANDEMIC =/= EPIDEMIC. Furthermore, unlike your "common" epidemic type strains, pandemic type strains are rare but most importantly, and this is the distinguishing factor, their capacity for virulence is significantly higher than your epidemic type strains--the "common flu", as you put it. These characteristics are the reasons why swine flu, a PANDEMIC influenza strain, is anything but like the "common flu"--an epidemic type strain of influenza.

2. "...thousands of people die from the flu every year. same situation with the swine flu." Ohhhhh, ok, so let me get this straight, due to the opinion that swine flu is killing thousands of people every year like the "common flu", from your point of view, there's no reason for people to be "more" alert and concerned. If that's really your logic then WOWWW x SMHHHH. I honestly pray that you don't have dependents, either at one end of the age spectrum, or at both, because you're a potential liability to their health, and possibly, their mortality, if you're feeding them the products of your faculty, as it pertains to the subject of "swine flu" and the dangers of it.

As previously alluded to, the point of distinction between the "swine flu" and the "common flu" is the level of virulence, and the subsequent kill rate.
Following a recent World Health Organization (WHO) report that over 1,000 of 1,154 people who have died worldwide from the 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic were in the Americas, schools in the US brace themselves for a "nasty" flu season.

This this means, or rather, what this shows, is the fact that ~87% of people who've contracted swine flu, have died. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am confident that the "common flu" has a kill rate (mortality rate) of ~87%. Additionally, realize that health organizations from all across the globe have been communicating with each other, sharing information, and actively making efforts, for months now, in a concerted effort to mitigate the impact of the "swine flu" since its initial detection jump (first human case) in the earlier part of THIS YEAR. Imagine what would happen, the amount of deaths that would stem from "swine flu", if the various health organizations had been lax in their efforts to combat it, and communities all across the world had been kept in the dark about this strain of influenza, or rather, had been informed that "it's just like the common flu...
eyes.gif
" so no worries. Imagine the kill rate then?

3. "whereas hundreds of thousands of people die every year from cancer." Sure, but just as well, "hundreds of thousands of people die every year" from less-virulent strains of influenza as well--so what are you sayin'. That said, imagine the number that would die if more virulent strains of influenza, like the PANDEMIC "swine flu", were allowed to run their course. Oh and just to gave you an idea, here's a look at the body counts for the previous known influenza strains to hit pandemic proportions:

29lb7ue.jpg

I don't know about you, but--avg. of a few million > avg. of "hundreds of thousands". Well at least, that's what I was taught back in math class during grade school. Now granted, War in conjunction with primitive medicine and a lesser understanding of both viral-host dynamics (as it pertains to influenza) and the recombination of influenza viral strains in pigs and birds, may have increased the #'s a bit in favor of the highlighted strains, the fact still remains--a virulent strain of influenza, which will ALWAYS reach pandemic proportions if left alone, will always have a higher mortality rate than cancer, annually.

4. "shut your smartass up"

ld6ae.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

5. I'm not trying to scare anyone with the facts, but just as well, I think it's very irresponsible and damn near dangerous for YOU and others, or for others as a result of what you said, to go around thinking that "swine flu" is like the annual flu or the common cold. Smarten up fam.

Everything else I agree with, but that statement means that 87% were from the Americas thats all

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

!%%@ OUTTA HERE

You know what's really funny here--the fact that you actually believe, and think, that you know what you're talking about. I suppose ignorance is INDEED bliss if it affords you an escape from the truth, however unfortunate it may be.

1. "The swine flu is like the common flu...." Wrong--the "swine flu" is a strain of influenza of PANDEMIC proportions. Your "common flu" is often comprised of influenza strain(s) that are, at best, of EPIDEMIC proportions. PANDEMIC =/= EPIDEMIC. Furthermore, unlike your "common" epidemic type strains, pandemic type strains are rare but most importantly, and this is the distinguishing factor, their capacity for virulence is significantly higher than your epidemic type strains--the "common flu", as you put it. These characteristics are the reasons why swine flu, a PANDEMIC influenza strain, is anything but like the "common flu"--an epidemic type strain of influenza.

2. "...thousands of people die from the flu every year. same situation with the swine flu." Ohhhhh, ok, so let me get this straight, due to the opinion that swine flu is killing thousands of people every year like the "common flu", from your point of view, there's no reason for people to be "more" alert and concerned. If that's really your logic then WOWWW x SMHHHH. I honestly pray that you don't have dependents, either at one end of the age spectrum, or at both, because you're a potential liability to their health, and possibly, their mortality, if you're feeding them the products of your faculty, as it pertains to the subject of "swine flu" and the dangers of it.

As previously alluded to, the point of distinction between the "swine flu" and the "common flu" is the level of virulence, and the subsequent kill rate.

This this means, or rather, what this shows, is the fact that ~87% of people who've contracted swine flu, have died. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am confident that the "common flu" has a kill rate (mortality rate) of ~87%. Additionally, realize that health organizations from all across the globe have been communicating with each other, sharing information, and actively making efforts, for months now, in a concerted effort to mitigate the impact of the "swine flu" since its initial detection jump (first human case) in the earlier part of THIS YEAR. Imagine what would happen, the amount of deaths that would stem from "swine flu", if the various health organizations had been lax in their efforts to combat it, and communities all across the world had been kept in the dark about this strain of influenza, or rather, had been informed that "it's just like the common flu...
eyes.gif
" so no worries. Imagine the kill rate then?

3. "whereas hundreds of thousands of people die every year from cancer." Sure, but just as well, "hundreds of thousands of people die every year" from less-virulent strains of influenza as well--so what are you sayin'. That said, imagine the number that would die if more virulent strains of influenza, like the PANDEMIC "swine flu", were allowed to run their course. Oh and just to gave you an idea, here's a look at the body counts for the previous known influenza strains to hit pandemic proportions:

29lb7ue.jpg

I don't know about you, but--avg. of a few million > avg. of "hundreds of thousands". Well at least, that's what I was taught back in math class during grade school. Now granted, War in conjunction with primitive medicine and a lesser understanding of both viral-host dynamics (as it pertains to influenza) and the recombination of influenza viral strains in pigs and birds, may have increased the #'s a bit in favor of the highlighted strains, the fact still remains--a virulent strain of influenza, which will ALWAYS reach pandemic proportions if left alone, will always have a higher mortality rate than cancer, annually.

4. "shut your smartass up"

ld6ae.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

5. I'm not trying to scare anyone with the facts, but just as well, I think it's very irresponsible and damn near dangerous for YOU and others, or for others as a result of what you said, to go around thinking that "swine flu" is like the annual flu or the common cold. Smarten up fam.

Everything else I agree with, but that statement means that 87% were from the Americas thats all

Ohhh yeah, just noticed that. You're absolutely right--good catch...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Still, you gotta admit, that's a very high kill rate (mortality rate) anywhere, even if it's specific to the Americas alone.

Back
Top Bottom