ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Does anyone find it incredibly obnoxious the way Nike is handling the re-release / Roshe in general? It's annoying, to me, that Nike knows the demand for the shoe, yet leaves "fans" of the shoe hanging around just wondering when there might be a clue about being able to simply order a pair without having to fight for it.

I own one pair of Iguana Roshe's and a pair of Trails… both of which I paid less than or equal to retail. Both of which I love. They're my favorite two pairs of shoes.

And although I'm dying to get my hands on another pair or two (mostly the blk/sail so I can wear them with anything), I'm not really that interested in paying more than retail for the shoe, nor am I interested in any of the woven or premium releases we've been strung along with.

Is it so much to ask of Nike to give the community a head's up when the re-release will be available at other retail outlets? NDC? Etc? Is this Nike's attempt at minimizing hype? "Cool" ambiguity? Or just because they can?

Btw, I'm not addressing this to simply complain. I'm curious what others think.
I see what you mean, but don't completely agree. Actually find that the 'hunt' is also a great part of getting this shoe, maybe that's because I live in a country where you rarely see a roshe, so I've bought from 3 different continents now haha, but it feels like an accomplishment every time you cop a pair of these for retail or under, at least in my opinion.

Also, the cool thing about this community is really the fact that it is perhaps the best place to gain info on releases etc., and everybody helps each other out, if you are in here regularly you'll always be updated on the latest news on roshes.

Purchased a black sail, and iguana roshes for my friend at saint alfred.  Ordered yesterday and it gets here on thursday! Big thanks to the guy that posted info on saint alfred. 

I just think they could care less about roshe. I'm sure they are fully aware of the hype behind the shoe that's why they chose to re-release some of the OGs but they're more focused on technology driven shoes such as the flyknit, flywire, and engineered mesh because that's where they make money from endorsement and advertising. 
Yeah, the Roshe is obviously not making a ton of cash for Nike, relatively, so it's a tiny blip on their radar. They're giving it some attention, but know it will sell either way, so this makes sense. I'm not disagreeing with their business tactics, moreso curious what others think about having to be "left in the dark" on such shoes as the OG re-release. I'd argue that
i honestly like that there's no official release dates (for the most part) for roshes.  helps out the people putting in the legwork and those doing the research
I agree with you to an extent, too…

But, it's a great shoe, and if it were more widely available, I'd be buying pairs for my friends and family. Really, I'd love to spread the love to people who aren't sneakerheads, but would love the comfort and the style of this shoe. (and mind you, would be more than happy with just one pair) 

Just because something is good doesn't mean it has to be exclusive to remain "good".

Legwork and research at this point is "waiting around for some credible info" or "rushing to the mall to try and grab a pair from FA"… at a certain point, it's just lame…

I see what you mean, but don't completely agree. Actually find that the 'hunt' is also a great part of getting this shoe, maybe that's because I live in a country where you rarely see a roshe, so I've bought from 3 different continents now haha, but it feels like an accomplishment every time you cop a pair of these for retail or under, at least in my opinion.

Also, the cool thing about this community is really the fact that it is perhaps the best place to gain info on releases etc., and everybody helps each other out, if you are in here regularly you'll always be updated on the latest news on roshes.
I can understand that, too. It's fun to hunt. But when you don't have time to necessarily hunt or the cash to drop $150+ on a pair of $70 shoes, it's not as fun. 

I'm not even looking for exclusive pairs or premium releases, I just want another pair that's black! :smile:

Not doubting the community at all. This thread is awesome and the real contributors are much appreciated. I'm just annoyed at Nike for the ambiguity around the re-release of the true Roshe Run with original mesh, etc. Purely because it's such an amazing shoe.

Also +1 to everyone posting disclaimers about not supporting these internet resellers who are snatching up multiple pairs and profiting off their good luck. Don't feed the beast, people.

Always message eBay sellers in general to get em to lower the price for you! Just offer to pay via paypal to avoid the ebay seller fees!

How's it going every one... I'm new to Nike talk and joined just for this thread.

This is my app. To be on team roshe. I instantly liked the shoe when the concept drawing were floating around the Internet. From Iowa so nowhere near got them i didnt want to just order them from nike.com i work at footlocker but couldnt order throught them either so had I wait till late summer to get my first two pairs which are the black/stadium green, and the anthracite/cyber yellow in NYC..

Since I got my first two pairs I've been constantly checking websites for new releases and info. My newest pick ups are the atomic teal wvn, and am ordering the yellow florals.

So yep that's my story and ****.... And I hope Nike doesn't F**** this shoe up by putting the swoosh on the toe. Gonna be really pissed off.
Cheers

Please re-read the previous pages. It's not that hard to lurk a little more back, but there are no plans for an American release. Like a person said, there is a similar colorway (soft grey/etc) that we've seen from scans.
the first mangos are not releasing in the U.S. but the NEW mango V2 will be.  it has a darker grey upper.

Restock of the black sails at carlsbad FA. Im about to cop 3 pairs which is max. Anyone in san diego need me to cop a pair for them?

i just hope i can get the mango roshe for a retail price i dont wanna spend too much on it like 180 + .

I must have called every freakin sneaker store in Philly and there are no Roshe's anywhere!!
mean.gif

The guy who sold me the calypsos for $95 said, "you lucked out, I saw some on EBay for $250". I am glad he didn't know these cost more. Ahaha

hopefully im not breaking any rules here but dont get me wrong i am a huge roshe fan, i have have 10 pairs and going strong but quick question. does anyone have a pair of flyknits as well? i want to know from people who have both pairs from this forum because i know theres a lot of hype around it especially being retail at $150. are they more comfy than the roshes because the roshes to me are the most comfortable pair of shoe i ever put on. is it even worth owning atleast 1 pair?

where can you get laces that resemble the roshes? I remember seeing someone post it on here couple of days ago but i couldnt find it looking thorugh the pages.. please help thanks

hopefully im not breaking any rules here but dont get me wrong i am a huge roshe fan, i have have 10 pairs and going strong but quick question. does anyone have a pair of flyknits as well? i want to know from people who have both pairs from this forum because i know theres a lot of hype around it especially being retail at $150. are they more comfy than the roshes because the roshes to me are the most comfortable pair of shoe i ever put on. is it even worth owning atleast 1 pair?
I have the zoom FK trainers and it's pretty comfortable. I ran a little bit in it but mostly used for working out in and casual wear. They're both equally light weight from my experience and feels like nothing on feet; however the FKs are more fitted and conform to the shape of your feet where as the Roshes are looser because of the mesh. Since the FKs has the zoom air sole it's pretty responsive and bouncy compared to the phylon sole of the Roshes. Overall, I would wear the Roshes for comfort since it's literally like walking on marshmallows. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom