ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Im positive ID will only have a black and white sole option

I kind of have a feeling that you could be right. Maybe a grey sole as well. I think there will be a decent selection of upper colorways but a limited color selection for soles. At least for right now.

Last edited:
I kind of have a feeling that you could be right. Maybe a grey sole as well. I think there will be a decent selection of upper colorways but a limited color selection for soles. At least for right now.
All great options, if you ask me. :smile:

Last edited:
All great options, if you ask me.
smile.gif
YES! The simplicity will return in full force. No more of that cheetah print and whatever else. Back to its roots. I love what people have done with the speckling, but I like how it's a custom, aftermarket effect for people to express themselves beyond what a company puts out. Hoping this doesn't turn into most IDs with strange lightning/animal skin uppers. If it does, please leave lots of neutral colors with accents that can really pop. It's one of the reasons I think Sirens are so popular. But apparently that's also just a result of them being rare nowadays...smh.

Anyway, if there are no colored soles, it's still a win. Grey upper, black swoosh, white laces and sole. Sail would be even better. Dylan Raasch OGs will be mine.

I remember in an interview earlier this year for the KD V's I believe it was stated that the ID team works closely with designers so that they can be sure colorways won't overlap.

All great options, if you ask me. :smile:

I completely agree since black, white, and grey are the most versatile colors for the soles.

I really think people are hyping themselves up for a large selection of sole colorway options when in all reality, I just don't think it's realistic. At least for a launch. If anyone has ever done an ID or even browsed an ID, they'll see that the entire ID running line only has a handful of sole options.

I wouldn't hold my breath on colored soles outside of black, white, grey. Having a large selection of sole colorways on ID will almost make it pointless for them to do regular scheduled releases for regular retail sales. It will also make it limited for retailers and boutiques for inventory. If you walk in to a retail store, you'll. see way more sole colorways for running shoes on display than what you would find on the IDs.

Only ID that has a good selection of sole colorways are basketball shoes. I could be wrong but Nike ID running shoe section is an indication of what to possibly expect.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy but just browse the Nike ID section for a more realistic outlook.

Last edited:
Just got my "sprite" FBs in and I gotta say that they are soooo nice. I'm in love with the FB series I think, not as much as OG mesh, but they're still extremely nice. I have mints on the way and I'm probably gonna pick up the orange/brown pair too! :pimp: don't sleep on the FBs!!

So Calypsos, Sirens, Mangos are only good because lots of people who want them can't have them? This is what I don't like about things being popular. Popularity should not be based on exclusivity. They'll still be just as great of colorways, except now others who missed out in the beginning can join in too.

Stadiums and Speed Yellows.....mmmmm. :smile:

My sentiments as well. I understand that's just what happens with supply and demand and that it almost certainly won't happen. But if it did, it wouldn't be a bad thing. It's just that people clinging on to DS OG colorways would be mad they couldn't be getting sky high prices anymore (or recent buyers may be upset with their unfortunate timing), but then again I would be glad for more ways the Roshe culture couldn't turn into the typical shoe game nowadays.

That's the point he's making though. Roshes were supposed to be the shoe that anyone can buy and like without having to deal with the buzz of foams and all that. Unfortunately, a lot of people only like calypsos/mangos/mints/etc because of the "hype". Last year more than half of the people posting here didnt even have a pair. It's just how it is. People are drawn to popularity/hype. The part about people being upset about not being able to sell their calypsos for $300 is absurd to me. So what? Does that mean you were only holding on to them to flip them or because you actually liked the shoe? You guys are contradicting each other.

You aren't going to be able to recreate colorways, even generic ones. That's just how Nike iD is. So I doubt there will be a mango sole option or anything like that. Maybe a similar color, but not exact.

I feel the same way. I only have 2 ideas that I wanna make and if the options aren't available, I'm passing on ids.

That's the point he's making though. Roshes were supposed to be the shoe that anyone can buy and like without having to deal with the buzz of foams and all that. Unfortunately, a lot of people only like calypsos/mangos/mints/etc because of the "hype". Last year more than half of the people posting here didnt even have a pair. It's just how it is. People are drawn to popularity/hype. The part about people being upset about not being able to sell their calypsos for $300 is absurd to me. So what? Does that mean you were only holding on to them to flip them or because you actually liked the shoe? You guys are contradicting each other.
I feel the same way. I only have 2 ideas that I wanna make and if the options aren't available, I'm passing on ids.
Me and myself are contradicting each other? haha, I was saying that it's a bit whack people would be upset, but I think it would be largely because they couldn't flip their shoes anymore. And it's understandable, but I'm glad it wouldn't be happening anymore.

i saw someone post this pic about 20 pages back, but no one really reacted to it...the "mango v2" doesn't look very mango at all at least according to solebox's pic...i actually like em more than the stock pics from hanon, etc. 

i saw someone post this pic about 20 pages back, but no one really reacted to it...the "mango v2" doesn't look very mango at all at least according to solebox's pic...i actually like em more than the stock pics from hanon, etc. 

yeah siren esque

So Calypsos, Sirens, Mangos are only good because lots of people who want them can't have them? This is what I don't like about things being popular. Popularity should not be based on exclusivity. They'll still be just as great of colorways, except now others who missed out in the beginning can join in too.

Stadiums and Speed Yellows.....mmmmm. :smile:
lol never said they're only good because "lots of people who want them can't have them." Agreed, the cw's will still look great. Just saying that some place personal value on certain pairs based on exclusivity. Regardless, it's a positive step for the shoe itself and the community so I'm all for it

That picture almost makes me want to cave and pick up the beaches.

That black speckle is fire, though.

I know I'm the minority, but I personally prefer the Grey/Total Crimsons over the Mangos, as I really dislike the lighter colored Swoosh on the "originals".

More shots of the GTCs via IG...

Last edited:
I called 3 SP's and all of them just received their normal shipment. None of the 3 said they got the City Pack. Some of the employees were dissapointed themselves. Though one said to check and call today after 6pm PST because they may get a special shipment since these are "QS"

To each their own...

Thanks man. Ill keep you posted if I hear anything as well.

Anyway, if there are no colored soles, it's still a win. Grey upper, black swoosh, white laces and sole. Sail would be even better. Dylan Raasch OGs will be mine.
Haha..that's literally the exact same cw I was planning on doing. Someone did a ps yesterday that gives you a pretty good idea what it would look like (minus the multicolor speckles of course).

Or you could always refer back to the original samples as you said.

I know I'm the minority, but I personally prefer the Grey/Total Crimsons over the Mangos, as I really dislike the lighter colored Swoosh on the "originals".

More shots of the GTCs via IG...

I'm with you all the way with this one, the GTC's > Mango's

I love the darker upper and the darker swoosh.

I'm with you all the way with this one, the GTC's > Mango's

I love the darker upper and the darker swoosh.
Yeah I definitely agree. I'm really hoping they make enough of these to go around. I'm sure that's wishful thinking though. Also, for nikeid, the only colors for the sole I'm expecting are black and white. Anything else will just be a plus.

Last edited:
Did anyone receive their confirmation email regarding shipments from Hanon? I pre-ordered the Beaches, but so far there isn't any individual shipment confirmation. They gave out a general message saying that they're starting to ship spring colorways. Is this just me or is everyone encountering this?

bought the mint fb's. to everyone that doesnt have em, they aint that serious...

they cool n all but they're no where near worth the foolishness that has been created behind em...

they've really ended up bein one of those shoes that i would just rather have then not.

whoever's to blame for that yeezy tag, has some of you trippin ova NOTHIN. believe me. and i was too before i had em but, now that i do, its like ehhhhh whatever...
completely agree with you bro... I got two pairs, didn't like em, gave one to lil cuz, and sold the other

Just read through a bunch of post. Lets make this clear, YOU will NOT be able to recreate colorways from the past on NikeID, it just doesn't work that way.

Just read through a bunch of post. Lets make this clear, YOU will NOT be able to recreate colorways from the past on NikeID, it just doesn't work that way.
Exactly...I don't know what these guys are thinking. Why would Nike let you do that? lol

Back
Top Bottom