Rumor...Iphone 4g/ N89???

[h1]Apple iPhone 4G Codenamed N89, First Look and More[/h1]

February 3, 2010, By Atul Roach in Cellphones

The Apple special event gave us nothing more than the iPad and the iPhone 4G hopefuls were left in dismay. Rumors have now started pouring in and here we have the first ‘probable’ look at the iPhone 4G which has been codenamed the N89. Previous iPhone models were codenamed M68, N82 and N88 and therefore the N89 codename sounds genuine. It was actually the iPhone OS 3.2 SDK where the codenamed was discovered for the iPhone 4G along with codenames for the iPhone 3G.

Apple-iPhone-4G-Image-Leak-and-Codename.jpg

Other than discovering information about the next-gen iPhone, the SDK and Firmware arrival also gives hints about the next iPod touch version for which the firmware 3.1.3 will be made available.

Currently, the OS 3.1.3 update has been made public and the iPod and iPhone owners can start looking for the downloads. The update brings in bug fixes, improves the accuracy of reported battery level and helps resolve issues while updating third-party apps.

The next iPod touch has been codenamed the N80 but we are more keen to know about the N89 and we would love a surprise from Apple at the MWC. [Via: TFTS]

Information via devicemag.com.

eyes.gif
wish apple would just confirm this already lol which i know wont happen especially with apple. Im just hoping I can unlock this "4g" Iphone for tmobile and use ALL of its features including the 4G.
grin.gif

Something like this is going to happen sooner or later...time for the iPhone to step it up.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

rumors, why make a thread about rumors?

So that the people who have not yet heard or read of it will have an idea that its possible another iphone could be coming out.

This won't be called iPhone 4G because 4G coverage is still 2 years away (LTE)
That photoshop is ugly and expect an announcement in June when they always announce the new iPhone
eyes.gif

They'll call the new iPhone the iPhone Pro before they call it iPhone 4G
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jamergrady

It's just a rumor.
theres no such thing as a rumor with apple. everything that is rumored always releases. its gotten to the point where they are facts disguised as a rumors.

and question, by 4g do they mean 4th gen? or 4g coverage?

either way, this is good news especially with those pictures that "leaked" a week ago of the iphone with a front and back camera.

iphone4g-100202-2.png

Originally Posted by Doctor Knows Best

They'll call the new iPhone the iPhone Pro before they call it iPhone 4G
wink.gif
people said that exact same thing about the 3g, and it turned out being called the iphone "3g". but 4g coverage is years away, so they may just call it something else. but i doubt it will be called the "pro".

rumor or not i need something new im still rocking the 2g
smh.gif

and i know something will be coming out this yr so i dont wanna get that 3g or 3gs

Originally Posted by gboy1230

rumor or not i need something new im still rocking the 2g
smh.gif

and i know something will be coming out this yr so i dont wanna get that 3g or 3gs

same here. tryna hold out cuz my contract is up with t-mobile on March 11th.. dont know how long i can hold off..... grrrrr

Back
Top Bottom