RUMOR: Jay-Z & Nas Collabo Album In The Works?

jaynas150.jpg
While rumors have been circulating for months about Jay-Z's post-Def Jam future, an item in the New York Daily News' Rush & Molloy column today posits a new theory. The gossip writers claim to have heard that Jay is partnering with Nas for a new album of duets called The Kings Of Hip-Hop. They go on to say that it will be released in early 2009 on Jay-Z's new label, Carter Music Group, although they do not speculate on who Jay will partner with for the label. Nas is currently signed to Def Jam for a four-album deal, of which he has completed one album, 2006's Hip-Hop Is Dead.

CLICK HERE to read Rush & Molloy's original report.

I don't know why people compare these two. They are completely diff in their approach to music. The album would just end up being a compromise on bothsides & ultimately not good.

this is going to be a terrible cd if it does come out...

jayz need to stick with what he does...

i dont want nas coming soft just sop jay wont look as bad on it...

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

Boo: I want a Nas/AZ album produced entirely by DJ Premiere, is that too much to ask?

roll.gif
Son, you need to get out of 1996. Never happen.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

I don't know why people compare these two. They are completely diff in their approach to music. The album would just end up being a compromise on both sides & ultimately not good.
Basically. Collabos are cool, but a whole album? Real talk, Hov would hurt Nas more than vice versa.

Man im all for it...I'm tired of people generalizing $#$$ and giving $#$$ a verdict before it even sees the light of day...let the $#$$ breathe firstbefore you put your stamp on it

I think that they sound alright on the same track. Success was better than BR.

Not sure how they would work together on a whole album.

If this went down, I wouldn't be mad.

aren't they 0-2 already? just stop
Success and Black Republican?
indifferent.gif

I don't like the idea of a whole album together though. Their different styles would clash, and they would probably *@+@ on us and make like 12 songs witha verse a piece on each of em.
laugh.gif

I think we could get at least one beat off Premo for this album. Then of course we could possibly have Kanye, Just, Timbo, hopefully Bink!, The Hitmen, NoI.D., Neptunes...

Lot of potential...

If this is true, there can only be 2 outcomes. Album of the decade, or the worst %!*$ heard in years...nothing in between.

Hov Is Always About Making History. So Why Not? Jay And Big Were Gonna Do One Til That Tragic Day In 97. But If They Do It; Its Got To Be A Track With ThemJust Air Out All They're Beefs. That Would Be Hot.

Definitely not a good idea. If I had any power I would bang Beyonce (A dream of mine anyways) and leave clues that it was NaS. Then maybe we would be luckyenough to get another round of The Blueprint and Stillmatic.

Wouldn't want to hear this album...this would be the type of album the Knicks would support.

Find dudes out of their peak and make them do things they don't do very well and see how it turns out

WACK..AZ instead of Hov...but this aint 1996-1999
laugh.gif
smh.gif
if they make this album they gon bury themselves,but at least they trying somethingnew
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom