RUMOR- LupEND could be based on Streets on Fire

Link

[h3]Lupe's LupEND to Become a Double Album??[/h3]
by THE CHOSEN FEW

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 5, 2008

asset.jpg

Word has it Mr. Fiasco wants to make the 1984-inspired Streets on Fire the basis for his third and final album.

"It shows this really weird world that's half-destroyed. I think storytelling is one of my strong suits and I might expand on that song," he says.

"I've been planning this real grandoise idea, which I'm still battling with. So many good ideas are coming out of it. So far, it's all only in my head."

Its still unknown whether or not if those ideas will formulate into his next album. So will it??

"I don't know," he says. "I'm about 85% certain that LupEND will be my last record, and what's stopping me is these ideas from Streets On Fire.

"See, that could be a concept record before LupEND. But I've said for so long my third record would be my last. Hey, maybe I could do a double album!"

Maybe two more albums after all.
grin.gif

whats with all these young rappers like 50, Game, and Lupe talkin about only makin 3 or 4 albums before they retire? its like they think that they're toogood to keep putting out records or somethin, and that 3 albums is good enough. what, do they think they're like Biggie or somethin? they should take notesfrom Jay

Jiggaman414 wrote:
whats with all these young rappers like 50, Game, and Lupe talkin about only makin 3 or 4 albums before they retire? its like they think that they're too good to keep putting out records or somethin, and that 3 albums is good enough. what, do they think they're like Biggie or somethin? they should take notes from Jay

I don't get all the retirement talk either. They're probably just not built for it.

I definetely thuoght 50 would stay around longer though.

This dude won't stop rapping after 3 albums. He has way too much talent to do so, and he knows it.

I was watchin this dude Lupe on TRL a couple months ago talkin about tha reason why he's gonna retire after his 3rd album is because he does'nt havemuch to talk about.

and I was just like

then

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

This dude won't stop rapping after 3 albums. He has way too much talent to do so, and he knows it.

This is pretty much what I feel at this point. That percentage he keeps sayin' of LupEND being his last album keeps going down. But, if he does decideto stop, it'll only be for a short time.

I was hopin' if he was gonna do another concept album it would be about Game. I'd love to here some more track like Put You on Game.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

50 going to retire because Hip Hop sales are dead and 50 hates taking Ls.
even tho he still went plat. and sold over 600k in tha first week? ya Curtis didn't sell like 50's first 2 albums, but it still moved majorunits, especially with Hip Hop sales being poor these days. even if Kanye sold more than him, 50 didn't take any L's in my eyes

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Jiggaman414 wrote:
whats with all these young rappers like 50, Game, and Lupe talkin about only makin 3 or 4 albums before they retire? its like they think that they're too good to keep putting out records or somethin, and that 3 albums is good enough. what, do they think they're like Biggie or somethin? they should take notes from Jay

I don't get all the retirement talk either. They're probably just not built for it.

I definetely thuoght 50 would stay around longer though.

I think BIG said he'd two more and be finished and remember RD was supposed to be one and done for Jay.

honestly this is terrible news... when lupe isnt confied to a mold, ie a concept album much better work is produced...

food and liquor 1000x's > The Cool...

the only bad part of food and liquor was hovs verse... but the cool was an extreme let down in comparison to food and liquor

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

honestly this is terrible news... when lupe isnt confied to a mold, ie a concept album much better work is produced...

food and liquor 1000x's > The Cool...

the only bad part of food and liquor was hovs verse... but the cool was an extreme let down in comparison to food and liquor

I honestly thought that, but The Cool gets better and better every time I listen to it. There's no question it's a better album than Food &Liquor. It might even be more commercially accessible than FL was, even though we all know Lupe was going for the complete opposite (or at least predicted theopposite when the album was done.)

And
laugh.gif
@ you thinking Jay's verse was the problem with F&L(but who's even saying there was a problem?)

mr nato i can see where your coming from with tracks like paris tokyo and gold watch.. but the cool doesnt have the smooth laid back style of tracks like kickpush, hurt me soul , or sunshine,

the beats were beautifully orchastrated, i guess the cool was a darker, but production wasnt nearly as good as food and liquor, plus flow wise food and liqourseems better..

overall i gotta ride out with food and liqour...

He can't stop after LUPEnd. Dude is just scratching the surface.

The Cool is probably one of my favorite albums.

Back
Top Bottom