RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Every month, I designate one pair, then I rotate to another for the following month and so on. I'll probably use either of those Nikes you mentioned in the later months this year.

Lately, I've been running in non-Nikes. I'm currently looking for more Newton Distance 3s and the first Cliftons... Lol

Last edited:
Newton has just surpassed Hoka on my list. :smokin Maybe they'll overtake Nike next :nerd:

Last edited:
Any other NT'ers get in and are running the Chicago Marathon this October:

Looking forward to running it and crossing off one of the major & prestigious marathons :nthat:

Also it shouldn't be hot & humid horrible like when Rock N Roll Chicago half marathon goes on in the middle of July :x

But I'm wondering and hope it won't be to cold in early October.

Looking forward to running it and crossing off one of the major & prestigious marathons
nthat.gif

Also it shouldn't be hot & humid horrible like when Rock N Roll Chicago half marathon goes on in the middle of July
sick.gif

I found out yesterday that I got drawn in the lottery.....it will be my first road 26.2!!!

Congratulations to those being selected for Chicago Marathon!

On a side note, I now know how hard it is to track down a second pair of Clifton 1s. I gave my first pair a test run at the Star Wars 10K and they responded so well that I ran in them again for the Half the next day. I've never done that with any shoe because it'll take a good sample size amount of runs before I feel comfortable running long distances, but the Clifton 1s felt so good.

Congrats on all the CHI Marathon entries!

Yeah, Clifton1s are great shoes! Though I prefer Newton's Distance3s over them, I'm still looking for the Light Blue/Volt and Red/Black cws. :lol: :nerd:

Congrats on all the CHI Marathon entries!

Yeah, Clifton1s are great shoes! Though I prefer Newton's Distance3s over them, I'm still looking for the Light Blue/Volt and Red/Black cws. :lol: :nerd:

I found a pair of the red/black cw on Amazon just in time for The Dark Side race. Wearing red just felt right :lol:

Now if I can find a blue/black cw for The Light Side next January :nerd:

Last edited:

Looking forward to running it and crossing off one of the major & prestigious marathons :nthat:

Also it shouldn't be hot & humid horrible like when Rock N Roll Chicago half marathon goes on in the middle of July :x

Nice!

I ran it last year and live here, the weather should be really good. I remember shivering from being cold at the start though, it was in the 50s and I only had a shirt and shorts :smh:. By the afternoon it was in the high 60s/low70s though, the years before that it was in the low 60s.

Last edited:
Anyone get into Disney?  I made sure I wasn't near a computer so I wouldn't be tempted, haha.

The Dopey Challenge is still open. Registration hype trending down (price increases) probably playing a big part in that.

Hopefully that continues next year so the Star Wars races do not sell out quick, however it does not help that a new movie comes out every year now.

Yah the Avengers Half Marathon only has the 10k and kids race sold out, which is good.

Also, Disney has a Virtual Running Shorts: http://www.rundisney.com/virtual-running-shorts/

It's all base on the honor system so it's pretty much just buying your own medal :lol:

Virtual Running Shorts Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is a virtual race?
A: As part of a virtual race, runners can register to walk, jog or run a runDisney virtual 5K on their own time in the location of their choice and receive a medal for their efforts once they complete the race. Runners can complete the 5k in any intervals or pace within the two-week timeframe.

Q: How are the runners progress tracked?
A: Runners track their own times and completion is based on the honor system.

Q: Where do runners sign up?
A: Runners can register here starting April 28.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Each virtual race is $39 or $142 for the entire series.

Q: What do runners get for finishing the race?
A: Runners will receive a finisher's medal within 30 days of the race completion.

What's up NTRunning?

I just bit off way more than I can chew, but I'm joining you guys for the next year at least.

My wife was born with a hole in her heart that wasn't discovered until she was 24. Once they discovered it she got immediate surgery and had it fixed. later down the line she started running a lot. Got into half marathons etc. The last two years she's run the Boston Marathon for a charity team associated with the American Heart Associaton. She decided she wants a year off, but asked me to run in her place on the charity team. :x :x :x

I ran cross country in high school, and since she's started running I've done a few 5ks with her and one half marathon relay. So basically the most I've run since high school is a half of a half marathon. once again :x :x :x

Either way I joined the charity team in her place, since it's a cause important to us, considering an advanced heart surgery saved her life. I'm going to be doing a 7 miler in August, a half marathon in November, and Boston Marathon in April.

The charity team has a coach and i'll be meeting with him this month to develop a training plan for all 3 races. My goal is to do halfway decent in the 7 miler, finish the half marathon without injury, and just complete boston. i'll try to develop time goals for myself as I lose some weight and get used to what pace I can handle. My wife is a personal trainer for her part time job and a college professor for her full time, so she should have some time to help me train as well.

Anyway, I'm here for now, let's see where this goes.

Last edited:
Best of luck to you.  Where in NH are you?
I live in Manchester, so i'll be able to get to Boston for the team training runs on Saturdays. which I think will help keep me motivated to keep running the long distances outside in the dead of new England winter.

I live in Manchester, so i'll be able to get to Boston for the team training runs on Saturdays. which I think will help keep me motivated to keep running the long distances outside in the dead of new England winter.
That's good.  I just did it this year, and being able to train on the course is a HUGE help, both in motivation but also in keeping your training aligned with race day.  The last weekend in March there are around 5,000 people on the course for their last long run - it's amazing.

That's good.  I just did it this year, and being able to train on the course is a HUGE help, both in motivation but also in keeping your training aligned with race day.  The last weekend in March there are around 5,000 people on the course for their last long run - it's amazing.

that's awesome. I'm looking forward to it, but a little overwhelmed since like I said I've never run a distance greater than 6.5 miles before. My wife was in the same situation a few years ago and she ran Boston the last two years so it's not outrageous to think I can get there in a year. just have to stay on it.

that's awesome. I'm looking forward to it, but a little overwhelmed since like I said I've never run a distance greater than 6.5 miles before. My wife was in the same situation a few years ago and she ran Boston the last two years so it's not outrageous to think I can get there in a year. just have to stay on it.
You absolutely can get there in a year, with a good training program.  And as your wife knows, those charity groups usually have really good ones - my friend has run the last two years with Team In Training and I've gone to a couple of his runs.  They do great work.

Hopefully, I can get back in for next year and we'll have to link up.  But trust me, as much as your wife can tell you how great of an experience it is, you won't know until you do it.  Enjoy the heck out of every step of the way.

You absolutely can get there in a year, with a good training program.  And as your wife knows, those charity groups usually have really good ones - my friend has run the last two years with Team In Training and I've gone to a couple of his runs.  They do great work.
Hopefully, I can get back in for next year and we'll have to link up.  But trust me, as much as your wife can tell you how great of an experience it is, you won't know until you do it.  Enjoy the heck out of every step of the way.

I'm assuming you live in the Boston area? Did you run with a charity team or did you qualify?

@beansietime  awesome! i've finished boston 4 times now and it's a great race. biggest thing in terms of training for the marathon distance is simply getting your legs used to that distance. you don't have to go fast, you just have to finish. be really diligent in upping your mileage carefully - it's really easy to get injured when you're jumping up in distance, so err on the side of caution. also, don't increase both mileage and intensity in the same week. that's a surefire way to hurt yourself.

getting on the course with the training group will help a ton, as the 2nd half is deceptively tough and you really have to be sure to manage yourself on the first half as it's really easy to go too fast which wrecks your quads for when you need them.

happy to help with any questions you might have!

Last edited:
@beansietime
 awesome! i've finished boston 4 times now and it's a great race. biggest thing in terms of training for the marathon distance is simply getting your legs used to that distance. you don't have to go fast, you just have to finish. be really diligent in upping your mileage carefully - it's really easy to get injured when you're jumping up in distance, so err on the side of caution. also, don't increase both mileage and intensity in the same week. that's a surefire way to hurt yourself.

getting on the course with the training group will help a ton, as the 2nd half is deceptively tough and you really have to be sure to manage yourself on the first half as it's really easy to go too fast which wrecks your quads for when you need them.

happy to help with any questions you might have!

thanks. I'm sure i'll have 10,000 questions as my training goes on.

Back
Top Bottom