RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Here's my first run of 2017 (and in nine days from having the flu (and in BOOST)). I was breathing hard, felt wobbly and was coughing throughout the run... I'm definitely not proud of my pace, but I'm proud I that I refused to stop through it all. I know my pace will be back in the low 7s soon.

What did you think of the boosts?

Tonight's run...

They felt fast and snappy. I can't wait until I'm completely recovered to give them a proper assessment.

Last edited:
Couple shots of me running in this crazy Carolina weather. 70s yesterday and today.

Vomero 10s

Adidas energy boost techfit 1.0.....

Lots of great stuff in here. I keep trying to improve every year with my runs (while also continuing a steady weightlifting routine on top of that).

My current dilemma: I'm burned out. Anyone else flipping it up for 2017 and instead of trying to keep increasing miles every year you reduce and really increase the intensity? I'm doing that for 2017 - I can't continue to put in this many hours a month any more :lol: :\

Damn! :smokin Go for 2,000mi this year then flip it for 2018 :tongue: How many runs do you average per month?

Last edited:
Lol i actually record myself for a breif moment.

Still enjoying these nice warm winter day. Happy running.

Im actually cutting back this year. Ive been fatigued alot. At least for the first few months. Maybe ill start racking more miles during to summer.

Damn! :smokin Go for 2,000mi this year then flip it for 2018 :tongue: How many runs do you average per month?
I live in the frozen tundra so I "average" 20 runs a month, or 2 out of every 3 days. In the summers when I can get off indoor treadmills and finally go outside it's damn near every day running. I've always been able to get out and do it, never had lack of motivation....it's just the time now and the wear on the body....I dunno. I averaged 73 minutes each run which was far and away my highest ever - but factoring in foam rolling, warm up/cool down etc I was basically needing CLOSE to 2 hours a day. Throw in the fact I like to also lift 3 days a week and yeah....

2017 I am shortening it up but going harder. So far....

Last edited:
Checking back in,

My last run was the Nike women's marathon (SAN Fran) two years ago. Been on hiatus since the birth of my second child. I set a goal to do another half marathon this year.

Signed up for the "surfers path" run (feb 26th).

Going to start training today.

Houston Marathon just passed and I went out to spectate/cheer folks on as I knew people that were running. Terrible weather to run in (70+ degrees with a downpour and humidity.)

I ran the Houston Marathon twice already (2013 and 2016) and after each, I usually tell myself that that's the last time I would do that to myself ever. 2016 My girlfriend wanted to run it, so I did, then after said I wouldn't ever do it again.

Fast forward to now and somehow we convinced a group of 20+ friends to run the 2018 Houston Marathon. Somewhat excited, but at the same time don't wanna torture myself, but it should be a good way to motivate each other.

Most training programs are 16-20 weeks, best way to get people into it who do no run at all? We got plenty of time being a full year out.

Applied for the New York city marathon, applications opened up today and will close in a month for anyone interested :nerd:

Hopefully I get in!

I put my estimated finish time at 3:19, don't remember what I put in my past applications, but I really hope they put me in an early corral and not in the very last one again if I do get accepted :lol:

Last edited:
Pace is coming back :smokin! I've still got a ways to go though...

These aren't made for comfort like the UBs. The adizero Boost sole is much firmer and built for performance.

Houston Marathon just passed and I went out to spectate/cheer folks on as I knew people that were running. Terrible weather to run in (70+ degrees with a downpour and humidity.)

I ran the Houston Marathon twice already (2013 and 2016) and after each, I usually tell myself that that's the last time I would do that to myself ever. 2016 My girlfriend wanted to run it, so I did, then after said I wouldn't ever do it again.

Fast forward to now and somehow we convinced a group of 20+ friends to run the 2018 Houston Marathon. Somewhat excited, but at the same time don't wanna torture myself, but it should be a good way to motivate each other.

Most training programs are 16-20 weeks, best way to get people into it who do no run at all? We got plenty of time being a full year out.
If people don't run at all, then I'd set an intermediate goal of having them run a half in September.  Focus on that first, and then you can easily take the training from there for January.

Thanks Ray. I've been considering picking up a pair, despite my loyalty to Nike, as I plan to run a half and full marathon this year.

NICE! I'm not up to par with my former fitness yet, but, as of RIGHT NOW, I'm actually liking the Flyknit Racers more than the Adios3s.

Back
Top Bottom