RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Tonight's run...

It seems like the UBs wouldn't be a good comparison with the FKRs. From all the readings, I'm certain that UBs aren't built for speed like I hoped. Maybe one of these is a better match/comparison against the FKR? Anyone run in the following models?

Adios Boost 2

Prime Boost

Last edited:
I have a pair of the Adios Boost 3, but they're the Marathon edition, so I have them for casual wear.  I was going to get a pair at the outlet to run in, but they were more than I wanted to spend, and then they were gone.  But those are pretty minimal, and seem like they're more for speed.

AGREED. The Apple Watch Nike+ was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It really sucked as a RUNNING WATCH.

- No Average Pace during a run
- Poor Battery Life
- Only Time, Distance (Pace with Advanced settings on [emoji]128529[/emoji])

#TeamGARMIN

30% off clearance footwear at the outlet, so I'm trying the LunarTempo 2 in this not-great colorway - 24.97, 30% off, $5 survey GC and they're under 13 bucks out the door. Somerville, MA, if you're curious.

30% off clearance footwear at the outlet, so I'm trying the LunarTempo 2 in this not-great colorway - 24.97, 30% off, $5 survey GC and they're under 13 bucks out the door. Somerville, MA, if you're curious.
Wow! I definitely wouldn't pass that up either. I bought the 2s and I don't like them as much. My wife also has both versions and says the 2s are a bit stiffer overall. I'm hoping that might mean the cushioning lasts a bit longer, but that's probably wishful thinking.

If you're looking for another shoe review source, this is a good one...

http://runrepeat.com/nike-flyknit-racer

It may not be as in-depth as SR, but it gives a good snap shot of the shoe you're interested in, imo.

Pretty much all the shoes I liked/ran in this year are rated in the high 80s to 90s :smokin

- FKRs
- Elite8s
- Vom10s
- Peg33s
- LR3s
- Structure19s

Last edited:
Was checking the Nike app to see my miles this winter and the Nike app is showing me with a new fastest km PR from a run I did 2 weeks ago :nerd:

Absolutely no way I ran a 2:54 km when all of my splits were around ~8:30 in my 4 mile run :lol:. I wish I was that fast

I've tried a couple of runs in the lunarglides 8s, and they just don't do it for me. For casual wear, they feel amazing, but that didn't translate well when it came to running in them. Hard to explain but I think it just came down to the way they fit me personally.

Last edited:
Nice pick up on the shoes!

I have a 1/2 marathon coming up this weekend, but I can't get myself pumped up for it. Last time I was excited a few weeks in advance, now I'm just dreading it. I did a 15k run a few days ago and I had to power my way through that. Any advice on how to get my mind ready? 

Wow! I definitely wouldn't pass that up either. I bought the 2s and I don't like them as much. My wife also has both versions and says the 2s are a bit stiffer overall. I'm hoping that might mean the cushioning lasts a bit longer, but that's probably wishful thinking.

They definitely feel stiffer in hand. I'm wondering if the 3 will have the same outsole as the new Lunar models. I have the ULTD LunarEpic Low that I've worn casually, and since they aren't nearly as Unlimited as I thought, I may try a few runs in them.

Thanks, Sir! I'm just trying to get better. :smokin

I wish my easy pace was in the 6s! I only do easy runs if I don't track it :lol:. When I track my runs, I feel "good" pressure to run harder lol

This is how my 2017 lineup is looking right now. I'm sure I'll make some changes... I'm considering a pair of Boosts or two and/or Saucony Triumph 2s.

Back
Top Bottom