RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

E57CEA4F-AE10-47CB-B7A6-E426C4F60BED.jpeg

Copped some ugly *** Zoom Structure 23’s. They feel great though. The other brands were even uglier

Started running when Nikeplus came out in 2006, back then with the chip in the shoe. Here are various screenshots from nikeplus/NRC showing what it looked like in 2007, 2014, and now my big miles as of 2021. Definitely slowing the number of miles as of late...
5BEB4598-8AC3-4C88-BB6F-CFDB41ADEE30.jpeg

9F750D95-7632-432B-880E-6A9230994912.jpeg

BE90CAEB-94DB-40EE-926C-98C8E42F3664.jpeg

Signed up for my first full marathon in October. I have ran several half’s in the past. Any advice from anyone who has ran fulls in the past? Trying to hear everything I can. I kinda have a training plan in my mind but gonna be hard due to my work schedule, kids, and their schedules. Let me hear the advice!

additionally I’m not the fastest my no means. My personal best half was 2:04 and it was fairly hilly . My goal is under 4:30 for the full.

Probably should be running is something more recent, but got to wear out my old shoes first.

Aim is to run more than last month.

15km today

D074AAA1-4824-4D66-ADF7-693252631316.jpeg
LG3s! Nice! I stopped at LG2s, but went through like 6 pairs. Tried the 3s and 4s but they didn’t agree with my feet.

LG3s! Nice! I stopped at LG2s, but went through like 6 pairs. Tried the 3s and 4s but they didn’t agree with my feet.

NIKE iDs I got made during my first vacation to USA back in 2011. Haven’t worn them much, but still got some cushioning.

Anybody have any experience with Nike React Miler and/or the Pegasus 37 as their running shoes? Likes/dislikes?
I’m trying to figure out which to keep

Anybody have any experience with Nike React Miler and/or the Pegasus 37 as their running shoes? Likes/dislikes?
I’m trying to figure out which to keep
Not sure if this helps but I run in a peg 36 and I continue to go back to those (and my asic gel nimbus). Nike made some changes to the 37 and changed the midsole with the cushioning/zoom unit to some extent. Not a huge fan of it. Personally 36>37 all day.

Any stretches you guys doing before and after runs? I’m feeling hella tight these days.

Any stretches you guys doing before and after runs? I’m feeling hella tight these days.

I'm casual runner. Been doing 4-5 miles. I typically wake up at least an hour before my run to let my body warm up and loose it up a bit. Just a quick stretch out and leg swing, nothing fancy.

Signed up for my first full marathon in October. I have ran several half’s in the past. Any advice from anyone who has ran fulls in the past? Trying to hear everything I can. I kinda have a training plan in my mind but gonna be hard due to my work schedule, kids, and their schedules. Let me hear the advice!

additionally I’m not the fastest my no means. My personal best half was 2:04 and it was fairly hilly . My goal is under 4:30 for the full.

best advice for your first full is to not focus too much on time and just go at a good pace. make sure you carb up and remember to stay hydrated throughout and bring gels too to help refuel. training wise, try to get in a good 20 or so mile run in prior to the race so your body knows how it feels to run for that long

lastly, remember that the first 20 isn’t the hard part, it’s the last 6.2 where the race really begins

fairly young still so i hardly have stretched before my runs but age is gonna catch up si i’m working to be better with it pre and post run. for the most part i tend to just start my runs at a super slow pace for the first 2 or so miles as a warm up before picking up the pace and pushing the heart rate up a bit and then usually use my hyper volt before i sleep at night

best advice for your first full is to not focus too much on time and just go at a good pace. make sure you carb up and remember to stay hydrated throughout and bring gels too to help refuel. training wise, try to get in a good 20 or so mile run in prior to the race so your body knows how it feels to run for that long

lastly, remember that the first 20 isn’t the hard part, it’s the last 6.2 where the race really begins

appreciate the input man. That last 10K gonna be terrible. Haha. I do plan on doing at least 1 20 miler and maybe a 22-23 miler before the race. Any recommendations from your end on when I should do the last “long” run ? I have read many things. I was thinking 3weeks or so

Cross posted with some other running threads

Ive been looking for some running tips. Maybe something I can focus on for each run to build them up slowly. As of now I’m just trying to really pull it back and make my relaxed runs truly relaxed.

I’ve ran on and off for years. Couple of marathons and half’s. Recently a 5k in about 20 mins. Have a half in January and just really want to get more efficient and actually train smart.

Usually I just go out and run. No real thinking behind it, just go out and get some miles in. Some long runs (10ish miles) mixed in but I’ve been focusing on slowing down during those true relaxed/recovery runs.

Ive never been through a true plan or had any tips given. Literally just run and I’ve tried to get my cadence around 180 but usually just stagnant around 165-175. Probably will use the Nike run app for their half marathon program to mix in some distance/speed/tempo etc work but I’m mainly looking for form/techniques/etc tips I can apply slowly into each run

thanks NT, y’all are some running monsters btw. Keeps the motivation up.

Back
Top Bottom