Running Shoe recommendations

I'm looking for a solid running shoe for the summer, I will mostly run on asphalt and maybe a treadmill at times. I've been looking at the PumaComplete series but have not found what I want (don't have my size anywhere), any suggestions? I'm open to any brand, preferably no more than $100.

I'm a neutral runner, have normal width feet, need something with good cushioning and stability. I'm about 6' and 165 lbs (if that matters).

Thanks for any help.

asics, but may cost more than 100. i'd go with new balance. i have a pair of teh 8505's and they've lasted me 2 years, so comfortable.

You should look into Brooks...they have pretty good prices and seem to last quite a bit. I'm actually using the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6. I'm satisfiedwith the performance so far and had them for about 4 months. Koopa is right with the asics though......

do you have high arches, low arches? do you prefer soft or firm cushioning? i like the nike zoom structure triax 11s. they feel awesome right out of the boxand require very little breaking in. i was using the 2120 before that but they were just way to firm for me and the arches werent high enough for me.

man i just pick up some awesome asics gel nimbus 9 or something to that nature. they were regular 120 at footlocker but they was on sale for 79. now i usuallydont wear anything but nike shox or air maxes but my wife bought the asics for women and told me nothing but good about them for the last month or so. so ineeded a new pair of running shoes since im in the air force and do a lot of running. lets just say i wont be going back to nike anytime soon. definitelyrecommend them

what size are you?

since you're a nuetral i would recommend nike air max moto....cushlon in the forefoot and max air in the heel...great cushioning $90

or i would recommend the nike air structure triax....lightweight full length zoom air provides great cushioning
and stability $105

The AST-11 and Moto 5 are two completely different shoes.

If you're a neutral runner, try the Air Zoom Vomero 2, 3, Asics Gel Nimbus 9 or 10, Cumulus 9 or 10, Brooks Glycerin 6.

Get to a running shoe store if you can. They offer advice and probably will give you a choice that's best for you and maybe one that you didn't expect.

Don't skimp out on a good running shoe.

Wear what fits for you. Don't buy one by it's looks and end up getting injured later. Not worth it.

Thanks for all of the replies.

I followed the advice and went to a running store. The advice and information they provided me was great, and the choices of shoes that I tried on also seemedto fit my needs. I ended up with the Nike zoom structure triax 11s which, like mentioned above, fit great out of the box. I've been running in them for afew days and must say they are great shoes.

Regarding Asics, I wish I could wear Asics (both casual and running) but due to the high arches I simply can't. I'd love to be able to wear a pair ofOnitsuka Tiger's, or the new Kayanos.

Thanks for all of the advice again.

Back
Top Bottom