Russel Simmons Presents "Harriet Tubman Sex Tape" (no nudity, may be work safe)

Any Comments?

Last edited:
Basically Russel released a video on his new YouTube channel depicting one of Harriet's "methods" of freeing slaves. I wanted some takes on it because he deemed it a parody, and said it was funny on his twitter, but took it down after some backlash.

I just wanted some takes on it from NT members in a civil manner (lol, yeah right).  

Jimmies are Russelled.

Russel Simmons has already issued an "apology".

Wouldn't even dignify that vid with a perusal to validate my opinion, its offensive on the premise alone. F was he thinking? SMH.

Jimmies are Russelled.

I know, but is it ok to just do stuff and issue apologies? Especially given the importance of the person/situation being parodied. I mean, dude was on his twitter saying it was "the funniest thing he ever seen" so is he really remorseful or doing damage control

Also, I was shocked and tight as **** when I first heard of it. But I can see (or believe im interpreting) some double message and I want to believe Russel just ain't that stupid to do this straightforward with no meaning behind it (especially at the very end). it is very distasteful to say the least

There was a tv show similar to this in the making around the 70's,but it wasn't approved to air. It wax called the secret diaries of Abraham Lincoln, or something like that.

As a black man, how do you sign off on some **** like this? You would think Russ would know better, **** wasmt even funny

There was a tv show similar to this in the making around the 70's,but it wasn't approved to air. It wax called the secret diaries of Abraham Lincoln, or something like that.
I swear UPN had something like this on, I just can't recall the name right now. I think it revolved around a slave or something. It's been a while since I rocked with dude. 
roll.gif
 @ those who have Rush cards...

Jimmies are Russelled.

I know, but is it ok to just do stuff and issue apologies? Especially given the importance of the person/situation being parodied. I mean, dude was on his twitter saying it was "the funniest thing he ever seen" so is he really remorseful or doing damage control

Also, I was shocked and tight as **** when I first heard of it. But I can see (or believe im interpreting) some double message and I want to believe Russel just ain't that stupid to do this straightforward with no meaning behind it (especially at the very end). it is very distasteful to say the least

Damage control.

In his "official apology" he said he was sorry people were offended, he never said he was sorry for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom