Ryan Clark takes a shot (no Bosley) at SAS's hairline....open season on ESPN employees continues

Skip and Steven A are both first-class clowns and hypocrites.

Skip has just proven he's a coward as well, as others have pointed out.

SAS and Skip Bayless are crying for attention and sympathy from this love fest they have had going on the air in the last few days.  At the end of the day, neither of them can handle what they dish out.

In the war of words, SAS lost. Dude spent 20 min minimizing Ryan Clark the player and analyst. If he's such non-factor why are even discussing what he said. That's a bit contradictory to me. Using "big words" doesn't make you sound more intelligent or help convey your message clearly and or more succinctly. All it means that you are using "big words".

Because he took what SAS out of context and claimed he said ALL athletes are not articulate, when that was not what he said at all, he said SOME....and that's the truth.....and it was not 20 minutes it was a brief segment.

Mez it was at least 5 minutes which most would feel it doesn't take to address what Clark said. SAS can say his peace I'm not against that but it was longer than it needed to be to me and I guess a few others

Originally Posted by Al3xis

First Take is probably the worst thing going in sports. It's amazing to me it has the following it does.

It's horrible. Yet, the ratings are great. It's just a microcosm of what ESPN is now, though.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Originally Posted by psk2310

I honestly hate most sports journalist. They're just as arrogant & narcissistic as the athletes they cover especially sas. It's funny that he has to bring up the issue of being black in order to lend himself some so-called credibility. It had nothing to do with the argument in question & yet he felt compelled to bring it up.

He argues about making things personal yet he's made so many of his rants personal while infusing either play or geniune anger to help get his point across. He's one of the many reasons why I've stopped watching ESPN for the most part.  
SAS goes hard on black athletes as if his behavior on ESPN is something to be emulated. I'm pretty much convinced that most of the black people First Take hires are there to say stuff about blacks that whites won't get away with. In other words, let's "negro-fy" the show so that we won't be viewed as racists. Rob Parker and SAS are simply embarrassing. They are not helping the image of the black reporter/journalist. And SAS, just because you have been a journalist for 20 years doesn't mean you good at it. I been reading some of Bomani Jones work and dude blows SAS out the water. I also respect Jason Whitlock opinion even though I don't agree with everything he writes.

In the war of words, SAS lost. Dude spent 20 min minimizing Ryan Clark the player and analyst. If he's such non-factor why are even discussing what he said. That's a bit contradictory to me. Using "big words" doesn't make you sound more intelligent or help convey your message clearly and or more succinctly. All it means that you are using "big words".

Skip is an even bigger d-bag than I thought. Ryan was there for two days and don't address him at all. So you wait for SAS to get there before you get tough. In the words of Pac "You ain't s**t without ya homeboys." That's real Robin of you.

Perfect post. 
pimp.gif

That show is such a circus.  They sound ridiculous whenever they try to describe themselves tackling serious issues and great debate.  I like how Barkley calls bayless an idiot 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

somewhere right now, Kwame Brown is smiling like a little school girl giggling while wearing a Ryan Clark jersey
that Kwame Brown rant is historic
roll.gif

Why is it I watch First Take almost every morning for years and barely noticed SAS's hairline?

Ironic how screaming a smith gets all butthurt over Ryan Clark's misinterpretation, but then how many times do these so called analysts interpret athletes' tweets/words however way they want to?

I found it interesting when Skip Bayless was talking about how Ryan Clark thought they were "cool" and he thought he had some sort of "insurance" with him. But if Skip is texting Ryan Clarks and asking for Steelers info, why would he give you any info if he didnt get at least some sort of "protection"? 

I just thought that was super weaselly by Skip Bayless. At least Stephen A. gives some guys "insurance"

funny how skip says ryan clark's hairline joke was a low blow and a cheap shot. the same guy who calls

lebron- lebrick
westbrook- westbrick
chris bosh- bosh spice
terrell owens- Team Obiliterator

skip gets off on making cheap nicknames at people just to get a response out of it, but took exception to a hairline joke?
both of these guys go out of their way to make it personal against athletes. clowns.

Idk what y'all are talking bouts out because I watch nbatv, nfl network, and the MLB network...maybe y'all complainers should too

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Idk what y'all are talking bouts out because I watch nbatv, nfl network, and the MLB network...maybe y'all complainers should too

Well all those channels have pretty bland daytime programming. Its either top 10 lists or Classic games/Hardwood Classics

It's crazy how Skip and Stephen A. have seemed so hurt over these comments. They are really getting on my nerves "I did this, I did that, I am" basically.

Good for ratings though.
laugh.gif

They try to stress how Ryan Clark is a nobody, yet they spent a segment of their show ranting about the guy. Not only that they've had the guy on the show countless times. This is hypocritical self promoting at its finest. Skip and sas are trying to build themselves into a brand, they bait athletes into arguments so they can draw attention to themselves. Skip and sas wish they could have been athletes but obviously can't, so this their way of gaining fame. And there's obvious resentment over the fact that athletes come in and take up media jobs like it's nothing.

I saw the drama in this.

1) Stephen A Smith was actually hurt. More so, he actually did swoop to that level by unleashing his rant. Of course it's easy for him to slug as well, but ESPN's producers are silly to let this turn into some kind of WWE soap opera.

2) Skip Bayless is a phony trend rider as well. He went 180 all of a sudden and started to defend Stephen A Smith and attacked Ryan Clark.

3) The whole notion of taking 'diagloue' and 'quotes' and blowing them out of proportion is an undying technique in the media.

Obviously anyone can understand the stereotype that goes on about athelets and education. It's just that the political aspect in today's world prevent people from 'over' generalizing this notion. A handful of kids in many sports seek to dismiss their college education in lieu of a sports career.

I hate Ryan Clark and like Stephen A Smith's scripted rants, but for ESPN to make this into a 'drama' and for Stephen and Bay to make this a tag-team issue is just a joke. Stephen could've came out w/ a 3-5 minute rebuttal and put it to rest. Now suddenly, this has gotten into a mud slinging contest about athletes and education.

COME ON MAN!

Back
Top Bottom