* Ryan Leslie - Official Album Thread *

Just got an email from the record pool this morning with this joint being in the pool. Definitely going to check it out this weekend.

I watch his production videos on YouTube all the time...dude is a genius...the one with the pocket trumpet and him shaking the cup full of coins is crazy...Ilike this dude alot...and he's making some real quality music

I really am enjoying this album it may be the best male R&B album I have heard since Ne-Yo's In My Own Words....its as good as Year of the Gentleman inmy opinion.

I pretty much can rock with every track except for Wanna Be Good. And while I do like the melody of Gibberish...I cant see myself continuing to listen tosomething I do not understand. I doubt that song will have much replay value for me. Just Right is average as well but every other song on this album is hot.Dude is very talented and the production is amazing.

Illionare I agree with you about Quicksand I too also felt it sounded like an NERD track...however I really like the vibe of that joint.

Valentine, I-R-I-N-A, Gibberish
pimp.gif

He released a great album. I liked every track. He get's my $10.00 come Feb. 10th. Great Work Mr. Leslie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just right is my issssshhh right now, i wish i know what you like was on the album but he's just oing the feature, oh well

Is it me, or does all his music sound similar?

Gibberish is hot, even in the state it's in. I just hope it was left like that because of time constraints, or plans of finishing it for a future project.I like the finished version of Quicksand; I like what he added to the end.� And I-R-I-N-A,� I cant listen to that without thinking of this�
roll.gif

dude bites off the Neptunes hard... i'm not saying he's a bad producer, his album is real nice for the most part.

i'm just saying people shouldn't be calling him a genius or anything. every other major producer in the game (Neptunes, Kanye, Swizz, Timbo, Just, 9th,etc) has their own distinct sound. but for whatever reason, Leslie chose to jack the Neptunes instead of creating his own sound.

Back
Top Bottom