Sacramento Kings season thread | 32-48 | 4/13 @ HOU 5pm

rck3sactown rck3sactown what are your thoughts on the rift between nagle and and smith? do you think it hurts our chances for a MLS team :nerd:

go kangz... pho weather byke more consistent then the kangz :lol:

I'll chime in...

It hurts our chances for sure. There are other bids that make a pretty compelling case for an expansion team (San Diego and Phoenix especially), so the issues between SRFC and Nagle's group is not a good look for Sacramento's bid. The only thing i can think of that helps it go through is that SRFC and Nagle's group merge and play nice. 

my bad, I talked about this a little bit in the footy thread....

I think it hurts our chances for sure, but from limit accounts it seems like MLS was complicit in this. That plus the fact that our bid is still packed with $$ and likely the most rubberstamped shovel ready stadium plans,I still like Sacramento's chances.

It's just whether or not it will involve SRFC team/brand (my money is on it will) in the MLS or will it be a new, blank template MLS expansion franchise and pissing off the many diehard SRFC supporters in the process.

:lol: my bad I figured this was an all things sac thread since our basketball team sucks

nagle has meg Whitman on board along with jed York. the team that submitted the bid has deep pockets. tbh, I think smith is trying to use sac republic fans to leverage more money in the deal or the other group gave a low ball offer. once again at the cost of sacramento sports fans :x

they like making us suffer

tbh, I think smith is trying to use sac republic fans to leverage more money in the deal or the other group gave a low ball offer
that's the thing I don't have my mind made up on.

I consider myself a pretty diehard SRFC fan.... and tbh when I saw the bid was made WITHOUT SRFC, Smith, it upset me quite a bit.

The closest analogy to me would be, if the Kings had moved to Seattle or Anaheim and we waited around a year or two for another team to move here or wait for expansion... Sure we would be getting a team back, but its not OUR team/club.

And I think that is what's lost on Nagle, the city of Sac, and MLS.

But of course, maybe Smith is trying to sell his shares at an MLS rate before we are even an MLS club.

Meanwhile, IT having himself a MVP-worthy season...
IT deserves it, we clearly didn't see how worthy he was to the team when he was out there which is very disappointing. If we still had him today, we'd be a lot better than we are now (obviously). But I'm glad that the Celtics have built him into a superstar, Phoenix clearly didn't know what to do when it was IT, Knight & Bledsoe there.

Meanwhile, IT having himself a MVP-worthy season...
IT deserves it, we  Pete D'Alessandro clearly didn't see how worthy he was to the team when he was out there which is very disappointing. If we still had him today, we'd be a lot better than we are now (obviously). But I'm glad that the Celtics have built him into a superstar, Phoenix clearly didn't know what to do when it was IT, Knight & Bledsoe there.
I see you're new here, let me fix this post for you

I thought we were replacing him with the same guy in DC tbh. IT played zero defense and the offense was a black hole with his over dribbling. But that was 3 seasons ago. Would he and Boogie made it work or would one of them have wanted out?

Most of y'all wanted IT gone. I thought from the beginning that it would be foolish to let an explosive scorer like IT go.

I thought we were replacing him with the same guy in DC tbh. IT played zero defense and the offense was a black hole with his over dribbling. But that was 3 seasons ago. Would he and Boogie made it work or would one of them have wanted out?
TBH it probably would not have worked out and IT would not be flourishing like he is now.
Hindsight is 20/20.

If I remember correctly I think most of us wanted IT out TBH.
Naw, you're right 

I just like to be able to blame someone for IT not being here

I do take credit for him becoming the starter when he was in Sac though.

It all dates back to a signing he did at the Baskin Robbins is Davis.

I didn't even know he was signing that day either tbh, I stumbled into it.

There was no line.

I accidentally threw the shirt in the washer he signed like two days later, and felt no guilt whatsoever.

Last edited:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I personally always loved IT, it was super upsetting to see the OG Pizza Guy get traded. Can't tell me those commercials weren't the greatest thing ever

many of us liked IT, I think it was just @Nelson999  that really didn't.... and yes, we were mainly fine with him leaving, but letting him go for nothing was absolutely stupid. So stupid.

But ya, I just don't think IT would have worked out here like he has out in Boston.

Last edited:
To this day I still don't think they had any idea what they were doing. But then again PDA didn't know what he was doing either...positionless basketball!

Back
Top Bottom