Sacramento Kings season thread | 32-48 | 4/13 @ HOU 5pm

Shows how much I care and know about Papa Johns lmao

Shout out to Ty Lawson for running 20 seconds off 
laugh.gif

Mama Boogie :pimp:

With all the changes from a coach, front office and ownership in Sacramento during six-and-a-half seasons and no playoff appearances, why did you still want to be there so badly?

It was something instilled in me. I am going to take it back to my AAU days. My first coach, Danny [Pritchett], I love him to this day. He was the first coach to pump me up to play basketball. Nobody wanted me. Nobody cared to put me on a team. Danny worked with me day and night. My freshman year in high school, I became a hell of a basketball player. We were just some low-budget AAU team. We were selling donuts and doing car washes to make money just to make it to the tournament.

All the big AAUs, Alabama Challenge, they started sending gifts and doing whatever to try to reel me in. My mom said, ‘Those people didn’t care about you, and all of a sudden they are going to try to reel you in. That’s not how you operate. You go with who cared about you from the jump.’ Even then, it wasn’t easy. I didn’t get the exposure because I wasn’t with the big team with Nike or Adidas. But I just stuck with it, and things gradually worked with me into my favor.

Back
Top Bottom