Salmon fishin' with Kixrox

Kixrox aka Darren and I went on a little fishing adventure today. Since Darren has never gone salmon fishing before I thought it would be a greatoppurtunity for him to hook up and feel strength and fighting power of a pacific northwest salmon. Our goal was to bring home some fresh coho(silver) salmon.We left Seattle at 5am and got to the Skokomish river at 6:30, still dark. Got geared up and treked through the forest and chest high swamps to the main river.After short walk we reached our fishing hole. Gave a few tips to Darren and we started fishin'.

Darren got a strike on his first cast.

6jkpq9k.jpg

The fish took Darren down river and finally banked it. Ended being a nice chum salmon who was released.

8f1m8us.jpg

After about 6 casts I nailed this nice sized silver.

8f0fxft.jpg

And another silver

6xskap4.jpg

Darren's first silver

6wygm0g.jpg

My co-worker working the hole

8famkcl.jpg

Our fish

7y68gfl.jpg

Six silvers, and 1 bright chum.

821cwp0.jpg

Now thats what I call fishin'

6tq0714.jpg

damn. i bet the water was freezing. hook a brotha up with that sashimi.

looks fun, never attempted salmon fishing. what do you guys do with the fish? do u sell it to fisheries/markets, or just eat it yourselves?

man, salmon fishing is where it's at! This was my first year actually targeting salmons and boy are they fun. chums salmon are like underwater torpedoesthat bend the crap outta your rod, take your line out, and give you a sore arm. pound for pound chums are harder fighters than kings. chum flesh, when brightis good, but when they have changed to spawning colors their meat is only good for the smoker. the coho's(silvers) is one of the best eating salmon rightunder kings and right above sockeye. the perfect blend of richness & fattiness.

as for the fish i keep, i save one for myself and the rest ill try to sell to co-workers or friends. so far i have 4 buyers at my work. $25 whole for a smallerfish and $35 for a bigger fish. each fish weigh 6lb-9lbs. You cannot beat those deals, not when qfc/safeway is selling coho for 5.99lb-7.99lb, and lets notbring up the public market prices. if any of you nters want some fresh wild salmon, hit me up$

i was trying to call my brother yesterday(kixrox) hahahaha great to know he was out catching dinner ahahahahahhaah

the pacific northwest salmon. see them while you still can. i love fishing, doing a paper on overfishing in the puget sound though. looks like you got a nicecatch. which river is that?

AirJordanSeattle23, its the skokomish river, 90 min. drive from seattle.

and BFO, those are hodgeman wading boots that i borrowed from a friends dad. those things look funky.

Back
Top Bottom