Same Sex Marriage Is The Law Of the Land

The story of Naomi and Ruth can be interpreted as a lesbian relationship...

The same Hebrew word that is used in Genesis 2:24 to describe how Adam felt about Eve (and how spouses are supposed to feel toward each other) is used in Ruth 1:14 to describe how Ruth felt about Naomi. Her feelings are celebrated, not condemned.

And throughout Christian history, Ruth's vow to Naomi has been used to illustrate the nature of the marriage covenant. These words are often read at Christian wedding ceremonies and used in sermons to illustrate the ideal love that spouses should have for one another. The fact that these words were originally spoken by one woman to another tells us a lot about how God feels about same-gender relationships.

David express his love for Jonathon...this can be interpreted as a gay relationship...

2 Samuel 1:26

26 I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan;
very pleasant have you been to me;
dyour love to me was extraordinary,
surpassing the love of women.

Honestly, what is the big difference in Christianity between say a man getting with another man, and a man getting with a woman before they are married? Aren't they both not allowed equally?

Why is one of those a look the other way situation and one is an all out lets get involved in other peoples business situation? I don't see Christians organizing/discussing/campaigning against premarital relations with the same fervor they are against homosexual relations.

Seems very hypocritical.
You're exactly right, adultery/premarital sex is not allowed. I think that some Christians definitely see this as a look the other way situation...and, in my opinion, that's not right at all.

Goes back to my original point of saying "I sin every single day - who am I to judge those that are also sinning...I disagree w/ what they are doing, but I am in no place to put myself above them, so I don't."
How is what I'm asking confusing? The bible say right there clear as day they're completely anti gay and that they're all sinner aka going to hell. Now, tell me (or anyone else who claims the bible is just being misinterpreted) how is it being misinterpreted. The MAIN point is that if you're an actual God fearing, bible loving and devoted/going to heaven christian you inherently are against gays and homosexuality
Don't get it confused, the bible doesn't state "if you're a sinner, you go to Hell" ....everyone would be going to Hell if that was the case. 

Regarding your main point...I agree with you that if you are a devoted/strong Christian - you are against same sex marriage and homosexuality...doesn't necessarily mean you dislike/hate/think you are better than the other person (because Christians aren't) ...just means you simply don't agree with it.

Last edited:
I wasnt necessarily coming at you...just the tone of some of the arguments.

I know. I am just saying that's the difference between anit gay and anti religion.

Despite hating religion and not wanting that poison near me, I would vote "no" for a bill that says "Religion cant be practiced". I will not impede on their rights to converse about talking snakes, penguins swimming to africa then walking to the middle east, and how the planet is tens of thousands of years younger than the cave paintings we have found on it.

This is a courtesy religious people cant seem to return. :smh:

I agree with this point made
You mean to tell me that your God is angrier about gays being allowed to marry than homelessness? His children going to bed hungry and abused? People being raped, murdered and tortured in the name of...anything? But we gotta get prepared for the rapture because the Supreme Court said gays can get married in all 50 states. FOH.

You're exactly right, adultery/premarital sex is not allowed. I think that some Christians definitely see this as a look the other way situation...and, in my opinion, that's not right at all.

Goes back to my original point of saying "I sin every single day - who am I to judge those that are also sinning...I disagree w/ what they are doing, but I am in no place to put myself above them, so I don't."

Don't get it confused, the bible doesn't state "if you're a sinner, you go to Hell" ....everyone would be going to Hell if that was the case. 

Regarding your main point...I agree with you that if you are a devoted/strong Christian - you are against same sex marriage and homosexuality...doesn't necessarily mean you dislike/hate/think you are better than the other person (because Christians aren't) ...just means you simply don't agree with it.

Ok, I see your point about don't agree doesn't = hate, now answer these two questions

1. Did religion play a part in anti gay propaganda in America ? Founded under the principals of God yet the last to allow gay marriage?
2. Does your God hate gays? Being gay is a sin, God hates sin, gays can't choose to be not guy this constantly sinning.

Last edited:
Ok, I see your point, now answer these two questions

1. Did religion play a part in anti gay propaganda in America ?
2. Does your God hate gays?

The bible was used to justify slaver. Hell the KKK is a religious organization.

You know damn well it is. Even today the saying still goes "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve"

Devil's cruelest trick was to create church & religion... Look at the evil of this world in the name of god, Allah, etc... :smh:

1st grader's response to a homophobic preacher... Apparently the preacher was asking gay folks to repent & go straight...

You know damn well it is. Even today the saying still goes "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve"

From what I can tell you and I share a similar view. I ask him because it's an idea from the other side. If there's some type of justification or something as to why or why not from that point of view I'd like to hear it.

Ok, I see your point about don't agree doesn't = hate, now answer these two questions

1. Did religion play a part in anti gay propaganda in America ? Founded under the principals of God yet the last to allow gay marriage?
2. Does your God hate gays? Being gay is a sin, God hates sin, gays can't choose to be not guy this constantly sinning.
1. I would say yes, of course. (Not sure if that's a trick question...seems obvious) ...but I think there is a difference b/t being homophobic and disagreeing with same sex marriage.

2. No, He does not. My God does not hate anyone. There are a few traits that The Bible states God hates - none of which are people. There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers. (Proverbs 6:16 - 19)

Romans 12:9 jumps into this a little bit too..."Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good."

Ghandi said "Hate the sin, love the sinner" ...which I think is a great way to look at it.
Devil's cruelest trick was to create church & religion... Look at the evil of this world in the name of god, Allah, etc...
mean.gif

1st grader's response to a homophobic preacher... Apparently the preacher was asking gay folks to repent & go straight...
My biggest pet peeve regarding Christians. 

I think this is how Christians get such a bad stereotype. I was in Chicago this past weekend and walked by a man doing something very similar, holding a sign yelling at people to repent and come to Jesus Christ. That's not loving. That's an aggressive stance and a HUGE turn-off to others. The way to do is to be loving, pray for people, be respectful and dive into discussions with them. Not standing on the street yelling at them.

From what I can tell you and I share a similar view. I ask him because it's an idea from the other side. If there's some type of justification or something as to why or why not from that point of view I'd like to hear it.
I'm not a preacher and don't pretend to have ALL the answers.

But, as far as I am concerned, the Bible has slavery in it...but I've never seen a part where the slavery is praised upon/justified... (again, could be wrong)...

But, as far as I am concerned, the Bible has slavery in it...but I've never seen a part where the slavery is praised upon/justified... (again, could be wrong)...

I cant say for sure that it is praised but I can definitely tell you it is justified

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them

TL;DR: Yes you can have slaves provided that they arent Israelites and that male Hebrew slaves are freed on the 7th year. Slaves be good to your masters.

Not trying to condemn you. As I dont care condemn you for what you believe but these are the passages used to justify slavery for the longest.

Last edited:

I got you man. Im not condemning you for what you believe, I just want to hear why. All love

Last edited:

I got you man. In not condemning you for what you believe, I just want to hear why. All love
Right back at you my man!

I believe in God and forever will, but the details (or lack there of) of the Bible, confuse me.

I know that Jesus spoke about character, so I am going to stick with that.

Slavery in the Bible=indentured servitude
Working off a debt, or to gain something like your masters daughter.
Its apart of a barter arrangement.

Last edited:
The bible strictly forbids homosexuality. It also strictly forbids tons of things that are done by those who condemn homosexuality and claim to be Christians. The bible should also be irrelevant where laws are concerned in this country.

you guys realize that the bible is full of laws regarding the jewish people also right, which is where a lot of the kosher & parve rules come from, i believe that's what the lines about homosexuality means, it was a jewish law at the time, not from yeshua.

I cant say for sure that it is praised but I can definitely tell you it is justified

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
Did some research. Regarding this one (and the others are very similar...), under Hebrew laws, slaves were treated differently in other nations. They were seen as humans with dignity and not as animals. They took part in the religious festivals and rested on the sabbath. The Bible doesn't condone slavery, but recognizes its existence.
The bible strictly forbids homosexuality. It also strictly forbids tons of things that are done by those who condemn homosexuality and claim to be Christians. The bible should also be irrelevant where laws are concerned in this country.
Couldn't agree more when you mention things The Bible forbids. Goes back to me saying "I'm a Christian, but who am I to say you can't do this/that (sin)...if I sin every single day (as does everyone else)" ....heck, I even know a man who considers himself a Christian and is homosexual. While The Bible forbids all these things, Christians are not perfect and if they think they are, they're wrong. The idea is live with Christ in you and full of grace, dedicate your life to Him and you'll find yourself in Heaven. Being "perfect" doesn't get you to Heaven.
Devil's cruelest trick was to create church & religion... Look at the evil of this world in the name of god, Allah, etc...
mean.gif

Looked into this a little bit more as well...

Matthew 6:5 - "When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly."

Now, when my wife and I go to dinner, we pray before we eat. However, this is not a call for attention (as seen above) ...it is simply a prayer, thanking the Lord for our food, etc. Those that go out on the streets, yelling at others, telling them to repent...the Bible does not call for that. Which is why it is such a pet peeve of mine.

Back
Top Bottom