Samsungs about to takeover the game VOL Apple's already hearing them footsteps

It has to do with the interface. It is a gift and a curse. Very simple but can become bland and boring after a while. That's why I have never kept an iPhone for an entire 2year contract. And I have had 3 so far

True. I have enjoyed the simplicity compared to android because I would spend countless hours trying to root and get that "perfect" setup.

Then I jailbroke and do somewhat the same thing and I get tied of that and go back to stock ios.

Got the iphone 5 right now.

Anxiously waiting on the S4 announcement to see if I wanna switch to that or just stay with my iphone 5. 
nerd.gif

I have an Galaxy 2, my girl broke hers and bought an iPhone 5. She's been trying to sell it for a week now and to another Galaxy. She hates iPhone and said everything about it sucks compared to Android.

I don't get the hype myself.
How difficult it is to upload music, Safari, email, signal strength, fragility and the only think she appreciates is the battery life.

i went from Iphone to Android, and he is correct tho...that where Android biggest downfall IMO, your Android phone only last about 1 or 2 (if lucky) update and then the manufacturer will stop updating it or support it.

i went from Iphone to Android, and he is correct tho...that where Android biggest downfall IMO, your Android phone only last about 1 or 2 (if lucky) update and then the manufacturer will stop updating it or support it.

Yeah, I have the Galaxy S and got one OS update. It's give an take with everything.

That's why there's a dev community. And it's usually your providers fault if you're not getting OTA updates. Verizon is horrible about this

That's why there's a dev community. And it's usually your providers fault if you're not getting OTA updates. Verizon is horrible about this

Android software updates should be easily accessible to the entire community and not rely on OTA updates from carriers.

That's not Verizon's fault.

Had the iPhone for too long. Waiting on the S4, if it doesn't live up to the hype then S3 it is.

Why is it that other carriers will release updates for the same exact phone, but then Verizon doesn't release it until months after.
For some reason they have to go through every update with a fine toothed comb and add/remove whatever they feel necessary.

Why is it that other carriers will release updates for the same exact phone, but then Verizon doesn't release it until months after.
For some reason they have to go through every update with a fine toothed comb and add/remove whatever they feel necessary.

Because Verizon is lame. I can't believe these manufacturers haven't gotten some type of stronghold over this to avoid it continuing to happen.

that true, but its always plague w/ bugs or some function won't work...like example i have the Galaxy Note, when i flash AOKP or CM Rom's, my S Pen doesn't work ...so i guess its a double edge sword ...(shrug) , my next phone either gonna be a Nexus or Iphone again.

Here are the specs:

Exynos 5, 1.8 GHz 8-core processor
2 GB RAM
16 GB Storage + MicroSD slot
4.99" 1080P display
13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera
Dimensions: 140.1mm x 71.8mm x 7.7 mm
Weight: 138 grams
Dual SIM card slots
Android 4.2.1
They can keep all that if the battery is only gonna last 4hrs.

Battery life was the main reason i switched to iphone.

I rather have a yr old (proven) os and get a fresh update than get a fresh os and have to get a new phone the next year (or 2)

Bloatware and Sales ....they love to flood the Non-Nexus Phone with crappy carrier Bloatware and the longer they hold off on updating phones with current OS, the higher the sale on new phone w/ new OS.

Last edited:
Because Verizon is lame. I can't believe these manufacturers haven't gotten some type of stronghold over this to avoid it continuing to happen.

agreed!

that true, but its always plague w/ bugs or some function won't work...like example i have the Galaxy Note, when i flash AOKP or CM Rom's, my S Pen doesn't work ...so i guess its a double edge sword ...(shrug) , my next phone either gonna be a Nexus or Iphone again.

I think I read somewhere that you lose a lot of functionality with the S Pen when you use AOSP roms.

I started with an iPhone, went to two Andriod sets then went back to the iPhone

iPhone is a better, more polished, reliable phone
The phones with Android 4.2 and even 4.1 are leaps and bounds better than the older devices. I had a lot of problems with earlier generations, but literally no issues with my DNA, and my friends with GSIIIs and Note 2s love them

The phones with Android 4.2 and even 4.1 are leaps and bounds better than the older devices. I had a lot of problems with earlier generations, but literally no issues with my DNA, and my friends with GSIIIs and Note 2s love them

Android OS still "lags" and "snags" when scrolling and that's one of my biggest gripes that hasn't been resolved.

The colors and display on the Note and GS is beautiful though. Nothing has convinced me to switch back but I'm still looking for one.

Back
Top Bottom