SAN DIEGO, HELP ME OUT PLEASE VOL. VISITOR FROM SAN FRANCISCO!

-Rental car I would just use Hotwire for SAN (San Diego Airport) That way you can visit everything on your own time and not stress about rides back and forth to the airport.
*One thing I always do when booking a rental car online, always take the cheapest one no matter what the car. Outside of the holidays their fleet is always up and you can upgrade to a larger/nicer vehicle if you want at what will be a cheaper rate*

HOTEL:
I didnt see a price range you were trying to stay in so Ill just put where I love to stay...Hard Rock San Diego...Rooms are extremely nice and geared towards couples, rooftop pools, spa, night clubs, restaurant, and in Gaslamp ( Downtown area)

Food:
-Trulucks
-Phils (as mentioned)
-Slaters 50/50
-Eureka Gormet Burgers and Craft Beers
-Extraodinary Desserts (A Must!)
-Hodads
-Hash House
-Tractor room
-Cafe 21
-Candelas on the Bay
-Katsuya

Places to visit:
-Old Town (Waling House)
-Cabrillo National Monument Park
-Gaslamp Walking Tour
-Seaport Village
-Midway

Hope this helps some...
laugh.gif

Those aren't spots he wants to hit up while he's with his girlfriend.

OP hotels in Downtown SD will be expensive because of comic con and also SD has some expensive tourist taxes the hotels apply.They make a grip of money on it each year.

Try finding a cheaper route like Mission Valley, hotel circle, or possibly even La Jolla.

Food:

Phil's BBQ is a must.
Slater's 50/50 is down the street in Liberty Station.
Corvette Diner is also there in Liberty Station.
Coronado is worth checking out for the beach and the Hotel Del.
Umi Sushi is dope also.

I haven't been to SD Zoo in years but I've always enjoyed Sea World better.

For discounts on tickets to amusement parks like the Zoo & Sea World.If you know someone in the military ask them to check the prices and get tickets for you on base.
Heading out to SD with the lady later this month…any other spots you guys suggest for a week stay? 

Also…what cool sneaker boutiques would you guys recommend I check out?  Gonna definitely unDS these out there on the west coast…I think y'all will appreciate it...

(PS...All this talk of Hong Kong and Adelitas already got me thinking about another trip with the bros for a few bachelor parties…lol)

Heading out to SD with the lady later this month…any other spots you guys suggest for a week stay? 

Also…what cool sneaker boutiques would you guys recommend I check out?  Gonna definitely unDS these out there on the west coast…I think y'all will appreciate it...
View media item 989311 (PS...All this talk of Hong Kong and Adelitas already got me thinking about another trip with the bros for a few bachelor parties…lol)

Nice Kobe EM's enjoy the trip...

As far as hotel to stay what's the price range you are looking to stay in? something your girl is like wow? or just a place you use to sleep and change in?

The SD fair is going on during the time you're out here as well so you might want to check that out.

*also here is a great site to look at for places to eat, drink, see, and club at while you're here:

http://www.thrillist.com/san-diego

Last edited:
Bar hopping is Gaslamp/Pacific beach/Ocean Beach/North Park
clubbing is Gaslamp

Yeah I fly back out on the first. Since I'm no longer as fearful of the whole flying process I'll be a frequent visitor once a month or so to SD.

Gas lamp is jumping though. I'd suggest that most def.

yea gaslamp is pretty cool.  new to SD, and finally had a chance to check the area out.  "park it on market" for $1 per hr parking, well rated on yelp.  from there you can walk around to a handful of sneaker boutiques.  iirc i went to Attic II, 5 & Dime, Rosewood, and another.  Westfield Horton Plaza was cool too.  they had a Sheik Shoes.  i've only been there during the day.  i'm not into the bar and club scene, but are there other sneaker boutiques in that area.  recommendations?

yea gaslamp is pretty cool.  new to SD, and finally had a chance to check the area out.  "park it on market" for $1 per hr parking, well rated on yelp.  from there you can walk around to a handful of sneaker boutiques.  iirc i went to Attic II, 5 & Dime, Rosewood, and another.  Westfield Horton Plaza was cool too.  they had a Sheik Shoes.  i've only been there during the day.  i'm not into the bar and club scene, but are there other sneaker boutiques in that area.  recommendations?

House Of Hoops at either Fashion Valley or UTC in La Jolla.

I personally hate the layout of Horton Plaza and hardly go there.

Parking in Downtown SD sucks also.

House Of Hoops at either Fashion Valley or UTC in La Jolla.

I personally hate the layout of Horton Plaza and hardly go there.

Parking in Downtown SD sucks also.
nice.  im close to the footlocker in UTC.  their HOH always has Js, QS AF1s sitting on shelves.  last time they had a variety of Jordan 1, 2 , 6 CWs, and also Jordan 3 in wolf gray.. just sitting. 

Damn thanks for posting all these stores. Now I can buy up the kicks when I touch down again in a couple weeks

Hey, 

So headed to Carlsbad from Jan 21 - 24 on a work trip. But I plan on extending my stay for another 6 - 7 days and fly my girl out to meet me.  I'm from Toronto, Canada btw. 

Looking for recommendations on attractions, restaurants, hotels. 

Googled it, and it was either go North to LA in which I was thinking of staying in Anaheim (price wise), maybe catch a Clippers game, or should I head south towards San Diego?

Never had In & Out Burger so will def be on my list of to dos.

Not a big zoo person but lots of people seem to be mentioning it. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Hey, 

So headed to Carlsbad from Jan 21 - 24 on a work trip. But I plan on extending my stay for another 6 - 7 days and fly my girl out to meet me.  I'm from Toronto, Canada btw. 

Looking for recommendations on attractions, restaurants, hotels. 

Googled it, and it was either go North to LA in which I was thinking of staying in Anaheim (price wise), maybe catch a Clippers game, or should I head south towards San Diego?

Never had In & Out Burger so will def be on my list of to dos.

Not a big zoo person but lots of people seem to be mentioning it. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

see your CONCIERGE at your hotel for things to do in San Diego,,,those fellas knows wassup!!!

I would recommend visiting Felix's BBQ With Soul in Lincoln Park. It is a very nice neighborhood and the owner is a nice guy plus amazing bbq.

Back
Top Bottom