(((((SAN DIEGO THREAD - POST ALL SD INFO HERE)))))

I'm sad. I'm sure a lot of y'all are too. Either way, I won't say anything else. =(

If it's magic, then why can't it be everlasting?​

This game along, with the Charger game, summarizes the agony the fans that rep San Diego to the fullest go through year after year after year after year...

We need to get the San Diego Soccers back. At least they won some championships. Julie Vee for the win.

that was just plain horrible, lets get joel zumaya to be our closer
san diego is the place to be

aim - eyyowassupazn

Got back from class just in time to see Hairston's HR only to see my happiness get destroyed by Hoffman :frown:
frown.gif
I appreciate all that Hoffman's done for this team, but it's seriously time to hang it up. That blown call at the plate is giving me memories of when Mark Langston got squeezed of a strikeout right before Tino Martinez got a grand slam in game 1 of the 98 series. Why is it so hard being a San Diego sports fan? :frown:
frown.gif

gooooooooodmorning.

anybody know where to call to find out about motorcycle safety course on base?? thanks SD!
I'M A CATALOGUE, YOU THE SAME SONG.

We are the old Boston Red Sox. Cursed up our @#%$. I'm not a baseball fan but anyways. Bring back basketball to SD! @#%$ baseball... IMO
Quote:
Nah man...hype would be waiting in line for a week to buy a unicorn eyelash x Wonderbread x leprechaun hair x famous skate shop, design by a obscure graffiti artist Dunk Mid SB from [insert your local skate shop] for 3x retail...

Did you read my post?

In that situation it was a poor choice to put Trevor in.

And he does still have "it" he might not have his fastball in the mid 90s, but his breaking stuff still fools hitters. He scored 42 saves this year. The gap is closing between his "fastball" and breaking ball but in certain situations he is very effective.

To the meat of the Colorado Rockies lineup (which is what Trevor had to face) Trevor is NOT effective. Plain and simple. Put Cla in there and get them to dink and dunk 3 outs and we fly to Philly.
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

In a one or done game you put pitchers in for situations to win the damn game.

Not because "it's Trevor" or "it's Peavy"

That is the reason we lost last night.

BTW I'm rockin' my Hoffman jersey with pride as we speak.
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
That is the reason we lost last night.

No the reason why we lost is because we choked.

Peavy didn't play well.

Trevor didn't play well.

When it comes to a game of that caliber, it's all about who's going to want it more.

The Rockies wanted it more therefore they won. Would it have been a different excuse as to why we lost if Meredith was the one to give up those runs?

Quote:
Bring back basketball to SD!
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

There are many reasons why we could say we lost, but wanting it more is not a valid one. So you're gonna tell me Adrian and Khalil and Scott and Heath wanted it any less than the Colorado boys? They all played 162 (3!) games. They all played their @#%$ off this season. How could you summon that reason, you were never in that situation and it's unfair for you to claim that.

The reason is we made less plays than the Rockies. Be it managerial decisions, missed center field catches, high fastballs, what ever.

That's it.

Your constantly negative talk about our hometown teams is wearing on me. The fact that you want to include these opinions all over Niketalk compounds that. You are the most vocal San Diego fan on these boards and always having a negative opinion reflects that point on all of us. I know that its a free world and my opinion probably doesn't matter any to you, but you can't pull a drowning man (or teams in this case) down and expect him to get to the surface and breath.
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
Your constantly negative talk about our hometown teams is wearing on me. The fact that you want to include these opinions all over Niketalk compounds that. You are the most vocal San Diego fan on these boards and always having a negative opinion :rofl:
roll.gif

I'm not going to take a pig, put lipstick on it, and call it pretty.

As a fan, I'm entitled to have negative opinions about poor decisions and poor playing made by our SD teams. If you can't deal with it and if it's wearing thin on you, then fine. That's you.

Of course I'll be vocal, especially in the Sports & Training forum.

When our teams deserve some praise I'll give it to them. But if they're going to perform like crap, I'm not scared to give them hellfire and brimstone for it.

I don't need anyone to question my loyalty to my teams because of my negative opinions. If I didn't have a negative opinion about any of my teams then I would be nothing more than a blind homer.

Quote:
So you're gonna tell me Adrian and Khalil and Scott and Heath wanted it any less than the Colorado boys?
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Adrian hit a GRAND SLAM last night. What else do you want from him?

I'm not saying that criticizing your teams is a fault. We all do it, we all think we know better than each other and want to blame losses on anything we can think of.

What I'm sayin' is throughout countless threads you refer to our teams are frauds and overrated and waste bandwidth blasting our players and coaches time after time after time.

I'm guilty of cursing the name of our personnel and management, but I don't dwell on it and push that agenda on a public forum.

We have all been fans long enough to know what's what in SD sports, no need to portray any added negativity when we have the whole sports world against us already.
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
What I'm sayin' is throughout countless threads you refer to our teams are frauds and overrated time and waste bandwidth blasting our players and coaches time after time after time. You come off sounding like a typical signonsandieo forum dude.

I'm guilty of cursing the name of our personnel, but I don't dwell on it and push that agenda on a public forum.

We have all been fans long enough to know what's what in SD sports, no need to portray any added negativity when we have the whole sports world against us already.

Well, that's the difference between you and I then.

I choose to be vocal about the way I feel towards my teams whether it be praise or negativity.

I'm not the type of person to put my tail between my legs and walk away because I know my city is known for losing.

You damn right I'm going to continue to call our Chargers frauds until they sack up and turn that ship around.

Yeah, I used to be that optimistic fan always hoping for the best. But supporting our teams season in and season out only to be left disappointed has taken it's toll on me and I'm not afraid to let it be known anymore with my disappointment.

Don't tell me there's not a Lions fan, Arizona Cardinals fan, or a Cubs fan that doesn't rip their team.

I'll rep SD till my last dying breath, but sometimes you just have to ask the team you represent, what have you done for me lately?

Quote:
What I'm sayin' is throughout countless threads you refer to our teams are frauds and overrated and waste bandwidth blasting our players and coaches time after time after time.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

^
Didn't know that.

Thanks!

The more you know! Que the NBC theme.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
A realistic fan wouldn't have believed the hype coming in this year for our Chargers and now is butt hurt because they are 1-3. Remember, we lost to the same Chiefs team LAST year and we lost to two 4-0 teams this year. Remind me why this is so world-endingly bad?

The Padres have some important personnel choices to make now, and this is what is important to me now. It will be an interesting winter for San Diego fans.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

I think enough has been said in this thread about San Diego sports franchises.

I think I'm ready and prepared to see Trevor Hoffman hang it up. We all know damn well what he's capable of doing (especially during the last few games) and having said that, I don't think he truly has what it takes to be a closer anymore. The shoulder surgery has obviously taken it's toll on his fastball. And although his breaking pitches are still decent, you figure that many hitters (especially teams in the NL West) have figured him out already. Like someone here said, I think he'd be more effective in a limited role. After last night, I think that did it for me. But as far as the future goes, I am really looking forward to seeing who will assume Trevor's role after/if he retires or leaves for another team. I'm not hating on Trevor or anything, I love the guy. If anything, I think a good first step in rebuilding the team for next season would have to be getting a new closer.

If it's magic, then why can't it be everlasting?​

all i can say about the padres is..theres always next year...as much as we can piss and moan about how the hometown teams aren't performing why is it causing everyones tight whiteys to get tied up in knots? i mean it's sports, one team is gonna win the other is gonna lose. its just that simple. criticism is good, but bickering over who, what and why is just gonna raise everyones blood pressure. unless you like the idea of sucking meat through a straw at age 40, its seriously not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom