save money at the pump Vol #kinda winning

They ask for a zip code when its a credit card transaction to verify.

Im calling ducktales

They ask for a zip code when its a credit card transaction to verify.

Im calling ducktales

2j3fgg8.png

How do I use my card to make a purchase?

Discover Gift Cards work like a prepaid credit card. When either you or the cashier swipes the card, be sure to press "Credit" instead of "Debit" or "Gift Card" at the time of purchase. If you are attempting to make a purchase over the amount on your gift card, tell the cashier the exact balance left on your card and to swipe that amount. Then use an alternative form of payment to complete your purchase. Enter a ziocode thats in the area you are pumping gas

"insert s#$*just got real.gif"
why would i post something so crazy just to spin yall, 
eyes.gif

Discover Gift Cards work like a prepaid credit card. When either you or the cashier swipes the card, be sure to press "Credit" instead of "Debit" or "Gift Card" at the time of purchase. If you are attempting to make a purchase over the amount on your gift card, tell the cashier the exact balance left on your card and to swipe that amount. Then use an alternative form of payment to complete your purchase. Enter a ziocode thats in the area you are pumping gas

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

eyes.gif

So ur saying i could just put 10 dollars in to the discovery gift card, and just press CREDIT when pumping my gas then i could go over 10 dollars and pump full tank?!

eyes.gif

So ur saying i could just put 10 dollars in to the discovery gift card, and just press CREDIT when pumping my gas then i could go over 10 dollars and pump full tank?!

Originally Posted by freshKRN

eyes.gif

nerd.gif

Also won't the cashier make sure that you can only $10 worth of gas?

Originally Posted by freshKRN

eyes.gif

nerd.gif

Also won't the cashier make sure that you can only $10 worth of gas?

When you use your debit card at the pump you have to enter your PIN if you don't want a CC charge. I do it all the time.

When you use your debit card at the pump you have to enter your PIN if you don't want a CC charge. I do it all the time.

I tried the gift card hack with a Visa one a couple weeks back but somehow the pump knew to stop at the card's balance. When I started pumping gas I thought it would just let me pump freely regardless, but that wasn't the case. Not sure if the Discover ones are different.

I tried the gift card hack with a Visa one a couple weeks back but somehow the pump knew to stop at the card's balance. When I started pumping gas I thought it would just let me pump freely regardless, but that wasn't the case. Not sure if the Discover ones are different.

The gift card sounds like it will work, just press credit. My question would be, the zip code, would it be the one you normally put in at the pump or what?

The gift card sounds like it will work, just press credit. My question would be, the zip code, would it be the one you normally put in at the pump or what?

Back
Top Bottom