Scammed by a gentleman in San Jose

Hey guys,

I know this stuff happens all the time, but wanted advice from any of you all.

Bought a pair of shoes from a gentleman, he showed real shoes, sent fakes. THen i returned them and now he is holding the shoes and the money. Can't geta hold of him by email or phone anymore.

Paypal won't do anything. Credit card company can't get the money back. San Jose Police doesn't care about it at all. Filed a mail fraud claimwith USPS. DId crap through square trade, IC3, and the better business bureau. The BBB thing was because he signs his emails with a business name that matchesa business in San Jose.

Anybody got any suggestions on things I can do to recover funds?

Any San Jose authorities in the house?

Piece

Originally Posted by scwoogie

Hey guys,

Bought a pair of shoes from a gentleman, he showed real shoes, sent fakes. THen i returned them and now he is holding the shoes and the money. Can't get a hold of him by email or phone anymore.

Paypal won't do anything. Credit card company can't get the money back. San Jose Police doesn't care about it at all. Filed a mail fraud claim with USPS. DId crap through square trade, IC3, and the better business bureau. The BBB thing was because he signs his emails with a business name that matches a business in San Jose.

Piece

so you send the shoes, without filling a claim with paypal first?

you just took an L..

Angel

I live 15 minutes away from San Jose. Send me 200 and I'll snuff dude foreels haha....foreels.

WOW. You did everything you're suppose to do. EXCEPT FOR ONE THING. SENDING THE SHOES BACK BEFORE MAKING A CLAIM. Hope it works out. Alot of people areoffering their help. I say you take it.

Hey guys,

Bought a pair of shoes from a gentleman, he showed real shoes, sent fakes. THen i returned them and now he is holding the shoes and the money. Can't get a hold of him by email or phone anymore.

Paypal won't do anything. Credit card company can't get the money back. San Jose Police doesn't care about it at all. Filed a mail fraud claim with USPS. DId crap through square trade, IC3, and the better business bureau. The BBB thing was because he signs his emails with a business name that matches a business in San Jose.

Piece

I'm sorry
laugh.gif

Scwoogie: My brother in law is a SJPD lieutenant. PM me his complete contact info. including the phone#, along with all of the e-mail transactions and I'dbe happy to pass it along to him and see if he can assist you in any way. I was scammed as well back in '03 and the most critical evidence that assisted mein recovering my loss as well as catching the crook were all of the e-mail transactions that I had saved. Needless to say, I hoped you saved all of yours.

I'll help you in any way I can as I can certainly relate to your situation.

You can probably get your money back from the CC company. I had the same thing happen to me! I told them the seller sent me the wrong/false product and itwasn't what I bought and they charged it back! You should consider calling them back and trying again.

quote:: If your in trouble and no one else can help you... maybe you can hire.... The A-TEAM

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the theme song started playing in my head

Quote:: go eat his kids

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wow classic thread to me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Hey guys,

Piece

I'm sorry
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Actually I'm not in San Jose
Thats my fake address you weenis!!

JK!!
Hope you get your money back!!!
And what type of business did you do with Squaretrade, because some tool left a negative feedback for me when I said I wasn't going to wait for him to geta CC in the mail so that he could pay for some Diamond Dunk SBs, and Ebay told me to do a complaint through Square trade and it sounded like I was going tohave to pay to get that feedback taken off!!

Back
Top Bottom