*** SCAMMED?? Paypal users, what's the story behind a bank reversal transaction? ***

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Hey fellas,

So I sold a pair of Kobe VI to a member on here. Payment was paid via gift
Stopped right there. You brought this on yourself.
Huh?

He sold and got it as gift, where did HE go wrong?

Word of advice to EVERYONE,

GET A PAYPAL DEBIT CARD AND WITHDRAW THE MONEY RIGHT AWAY

That's what I do everytime I sell a pair

I always wondered, if he does this often does the bank take notice of all these stop payments? Same with CC chargebacks. If i'm with the bank and I see all these $150-250 charges being stopped, I would look at that account as fradulent.. Do Banks not go that in depth.

I could see a one time chargeback done on a series of transactions from a wallet that you lost. But constant chargebacks? The banks don't seem to be doing anything.

I always wondered, if he does this often does the bank take notice of all these stop payments? Same with CC chargebacks. If i'm with the bank and I see all these $150-250 charges being stopped, I would look at that account as fradulent.. Do Banks not go that in depth.

I could see a one time chargeback done on a series of transactions from a wallet that you lost. But constant chargebacks? The banks don't seem to be doing anything.

How many times do we have to tell people not to send things as gifts. Every time it's said on here and people do the SAME thing
30t6p3b.gif

How many times do we have to tell people not to send things as gifts. Every time it's said on here and people do the SAME thing
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
Except this time he RECEIVED it as a gift.

Are my eyes tricking me?

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
Except this time he RECEIVED it as a gift.

Are my eyes tricking me?

30t6p3b.gif

clearly the buyer would have done the same even if he didnt send it as a gift.

scammers these days
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

clearly the buyer would have done the same even if he didnt send it as a gift.

scammers these days
30t6p3b.gif

Hold up

So buyer SENT the payment via:

gift.jpg

Then did a Reversal.

sc5blz.gif

This takes it to a whole new level .

OP I suggest you reveal who this person is so the NT Detectives could do some work..

Edit: 

Never mind, I guess it wasn't him..

laugh.gif

Hold up

So buyer SENT the payment via:

gift.jpg

Then did a Reversal.

sc5blz.gif

This takes it to a whole new level .

OP I suggest you reveal who this person is so the NT Detectives could do some work..

Edit: 

Never mind, I guess it wasn't him..

laugh.gif

ALDY didnt' reveal the buyer. That is another dude that bought a diff. pair of shoe.

I can't conclude with anything yet because the buyer is in contact with me so I'm going to reserve my final judgement until I see what's going on.

In case you are still wondering who it was it's this NTer: TwoGlockNines on a pair of Kobe VI BHM.

Cliff notes in case you guys didn't read carefully.

I sold Kobe joints.

He paid via gift

Shipped item with tracking

Now there's a bank reversal process dispute with paypal

I provided tracking

awaiting answer...

ALDY didnt' reveal the buyer. That is another dude that bought a diff. pair of shoe.

I can't conclude with anything yet because the buyer is in contact with me so I'm going to reserve my final judgement until I see what's going on.

In case you are still wondering who it was it's this NTer: TwoGlockNines on a pair of Kobe VI BHM.

Cliff notes in case you guys didn't read carefully.

I sold Kobe joints.

He paid via gift

Shipped item with tracking

Now there's a bank reversal process dispute with paypal

I provided tracking

awaiting answer...

^

Just make sure to keep us updated!..

What's the "buyer" saying about this whole situation?..

^

Just make sure to keep us updated!..

What's the "buyer" saying about this whole situation?..

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

That doesn't do !%%+
laugh.gif
, his account will be in a negative balance.

I'm confused on how the buyer paid, was it a CC or e-Check? did you wait for the money to clear? I thought bank payments can't be disputed when paying by gift.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

That doesn't do !%%+
laugh.gif
, his account will be in a negative balance.

I'm confused on how the buyer paid, was it a CC or e-Check? did you wait for the money to clear? I thought bank payments can't be disputed when paying by gift.

So update directly from paypal.

I called them and here's what happened.

First off I want to say that the buyer is legit so we don't need to worry about them.

Initially the buyer sent an echeck and i canceled/refunded the echeck cause the funds weren't available immediately.

He then sent payment directly not as a echeck, but via a debit/credit card.

I rec'd a notice from paypal for the echeck transaction and not the 2nd payment.

So things should clear up on it's own shortly.

smile.gif

So update directly from paypal.

I called them and here's what happened.

First off I want to say that the buyer is legit so we don't need to worry about them.

Initially the buyer sent an echeck and i canceled/refunded the echeck cause the funds weren't available immediately.

He then sent payment directly not as a echeck, but via a debit/credit card.

I rec'd a notice from paypal for the echeck transaction and not the 2nd payment.

So things should clear up on it's own shortly.

smile.gif

^ Nice...was just bout to tell you to send a MMA friend or a Gtown Goon to the dudes pad.

But a word of advice to all sellers...

for transactions over $250, signature confirmation is REQUIRED by paypal. Anything under $250, delivery confirmation will do.

I'm in the middle of disputes right now for $800.

There are scam artists out there that will send your neighbor a box of chocolates via usps, and when you track the number it'll say delivered to your zip code. Thus leading to paypal siding with them.

Back
Top Bottom