Scarface Appreciation. Vol. Top 10 at LEAST

The man's catalog is as consistent as it gets. The passion and truth he put in his rhymes is rivaled by few, if any. Give it up for Mr. Face y'all

Yeah he always on point been A fan since 1989 can't get much better than Brad
wink.gif

My 3rd favorite. I've always said that if for some reason I had a son and wasn't around to raise him, I'd give him faces catalogue and tell him to listen and figure out how to be a man.

uncle face :pimp:

when I was a kid that geto boys "mind playin tricks on me" used to scare that **** outta me lol...salute to a down south OG that get respect everywhere

Last edited:
Still have that My Homies on double cassette. Facemob is much appreciated, one of the greatest storytellers,

One of the great/unique voices in rap.

He always held his own with the other legends (pac, nas, jay)

He would have a lot more recognition if the south had more exposure back then.

Face will never truly get his just due. He's one of those guys that's probably more respected in the game, by fellow rappers, than by fans and listeners. I also think about the amount of dudes I've discovered through his music. Just go listen to both of those My Homies albums

One of my favorite joints

[excuse incorrect lyrics, just copy/pasted]

If any ***** at the top of his game then you can't hate him
Just watch for ****** who thinkin' they game but they can't fade him
I'll cross spray you, you makin' your moves and I'll spray you
I promise the same promise that the game promise
When mutha****as step on my turf I bring drama

How dare you ****** flip the grip check
I'll leave you shipwrecked in the valley of death dry wit your **** wet
I'm down to die for my **** I'll put the hood on it
I got my balls on this **** that puts the wood on it

I got this strap, I call the mind changer
I'm more for realer than the **** that I kick when I feel that I'm danger
I'll leave your family wit a **** you note
Where the **** you wrote
You pay wit your life now **** you broke

The conviction in his voice....**** gets replayed every time I hear the song

One of the best to ever do it, a great voice with storytelling abilities very few in rap can match. Too many greats songs as a solo artist and with the Geto Boys to mention but one of my favorite underrated cuts from his is G-Code from the last Geto Boys album.

Always appreciated. Some of my favorite and the most underrated 'Face joints...

No Tears

Southside

Love & Friendship

Facemob is def appreciated, made some of my favorite songs/albums of all time

That raw introspection and storytelling   
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Dude is top 5 but his region holds him back in discussions

So what you're saying is, he is in the top 5, but because he's south(and was out before you even had an opinion about the south, mind you) you can't validate it??

It always one, ain't it??

Dude is top 5 but his region holds him back in discussions

So what you're saying is, he is in the top 5, but because he's south(and was out before you even had an opinion about the south, mind you) you can't validate it??

It always one, ain't it??

I think he agrees to him being top 5 but feels the popular opinion on the south holds back his nationwide recognition.

uncle face :pimp:

when I was a kid that geto boys "mind playin tricks on me" used to scare that **** outta me lol...salute to a down south OG that get respect everywhere

Yo me too!

Brad Jordan is :pimp: . Have his whole catalogue except the "My Homies". I neva' really thought he could spit. He just made good music to me. Great stories. Like Uncle Bun and Uncle Pimp.

Uncle Face is appreciated. Top 5. One of the most respected rappers ever. Along with Pac and Nas, Face practically raised me

I know this is an appreciation for Face, but that Facemob album was terrible. That's one of the few slip ups in his career. I listened to it a few months ago and the 5 of them didn't mesh well for a whole album :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom