pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NT, We have the winner

Originally Posted by bittersweet

So you "OGs" and "Old Heads" are seriously going to sit here and say "kids" like you wasn't doing it 5-10 years ago?

To be honest, it was like that THEN (when I joined in 04) and it's like that NOW.

Either you risk not being able to get a pair from online (sites crash within 5 minutes), or being in a popular area and not securing a pair.

Or finding a 'connect' (which is difficult).

Stop acting so high & mighty.

It wasnt as hard kid, especially for us NYCers. Tho there were lines, they were long because of how many people rocked jordans back in the days. The releases werent about limited this or tier 0 that. I remember cutting school Wednesdays
pimp.gif
 but it really never got to the point of camping out, at least I never did.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

So you "OGs" and "Old Heads" are seriously going to sit here and say "kids" like you wasn't doing it 5-10 years ago?

To be honest, it was like that THEN (when I joined in 04) and it's like that NOW.

Either you risk not being able to get a pair from online (sites crash within 5 minutes), or being in a popular area and not securing a pair.

It wasnt as hard kid, especially for us NYCers. Tho there were lines, they were long because of how many people rocked jordans back in the days. The releases werent about limited this or tier 0 that. I remember cutting school Wednesdays
pimp.gif
 but it really never got to the point of camping out, at least I never did.

I never thought I'd see the day when we were considered old heads. I remember people cutting school for jordans though. I remember waking up at like 7am to get on the line for the XI in black/red. This must have been in the 90s at some point but I was the 4th person in line. Seeing lines and people getting peppered sprayed in this day and age is pretty crazy though

I guess it really isn't that bad now as it was back in 90s. People were getting shot and robbed for their Air Jordans back then. It really was different though and probably had to do with him hitting his prime in the 90s and people being able to see him every night on TV and then wear the shoes he had on that game and try to copy what you saw on the court.

I never thought I'd see the day when we were considered old heads. I remember people cutting school for jordans though. I remember waking up at like 7am to get on the line for the XI in black/red. This must have been in the 90s at some point but I was the 4th person in line. Seeing lines and people getting peppered sprayed in this day and age is pretty crazy though

I guess it really isn't that bad now as it was back in 90s. People were getting shot and robbed for their Air Jordans back then. It really was different though and probably had to do with him hitting his prime in the 90s and people being able to see him every night on TV and then wear the shoes he had on that game and try to copy what you saw on the court.

Originally Posted by DaveDollars

NIKE%20Air%20Jordan%2014%20XIV%20OG%20Indiglo%20Black%20White%20136017-002.jpg

PLEASE RETRO THESE, JB
pimp.gif

My favorite Jordan's after the Concord XI.

Won these off eBay for $81 back in 2006, but sold them last year, because there was no traction on the bottom, & the heel was separating.

Originally Posted by DaveDollars

NIKE%20Air%20Jordan%2014%20XIV%20OG%20Indiglo%20Black%20White%20136017-002.jpg

PLEASE RETRO THESE, JB
pimp.gif

My favorite Jordan's after the Concord XI.

Won these off eBay for $81 back in 2006, but sold them last year, because there was no traction on the bottom, & the heel was separating.

Peep the car with the suicide doors at :48 making sure they get into the newscast. Plenty of lulz in this vid. 
laugh.gif

Peep the car with the suicide doors at :48 making sure they get into the newscast. Plenty of lulz in this vid. 
laugh.gif

i'm 29 (30 in feb) and i don't mind the waiting.  hell, it's like this now and i used to work at nike, IN portland, ON-CAMPUS, and it's crazy like that for us (or 'them' now) too.  i can say i hated some of the kids there talking about they 'better' get their pair but it's them being rookies and anxious to get a shoe.  it rained on us and had crazy wind and i STILL don't mind because out of 15 years, that's the first time i've ever been rained on.  it's pointless to talk about people camping out because people will get what they want.  i chose to wait 10 hrs in rain because i know how these online sites are.  you folks calling us 'tools' in the line are the tools hitting that refresh button like it's an olympic sport, and then SOME of you had to go to the mall in the morning anyway
roll.gif
.  and then ya'll turn salty when you didn't get a pair. 

anyway, i applaud the people who did stay in the rain/hail.  they got their pairs and didn't have to pay extra in shipping, or get okey doke'd by nike and this shipping thing (did people actually get their overnight shipping?).  my patience wore thin in rain/wind.  i may have given up if it was hailing.

PS, if you are a HS kid and wear suede jordan's to jordan drop in the winter, try wearing leather or beaters instead.  i saw red suede 5's and many other nubuck-based J's in the line, soaked.  RIP to those sneakers,

i'm 29 (30 in feb) and i don't mind the waiting.  hell, it's like this now and i used to work at nike, IN portland, ON-CAMPUS, and it's crazy like that for us (or 'them' now) too.  i can say i hated some of the kids there talking about they 'better' get their pair but it's them being rookies and anxious to get a shoe.  it rained on us and had crazy wind and i STILL don't mind because out of 15 years, that's the first time i've ever been rained on.  it's pointless to talk about people camping out because people will get what they want.  i chose to wait 10 hrs in rain because i know how these online sites are.  you folks calling us 'tools' in the line are the tools hitting that refresh button like it's an olympic sport, and then SOME of you had to go to the mall in the morning anyway
roll.gif
.  and then ya'll turn salty when you didn't get a pair. 

anyway, i applaud the people who did stay in the rain/hail.  they got their pairs and didn't have to pay extra in shipping, or get okey doke'd by nike and this shipping thing (did people actually get their overnight shipping?).  my patience wore thin in rain/wind.  i may have given up if it was hailing.

PS, if you are a HS kid and wear suede jordan's to jordan drop in the winter, try wearing leather or beaters instead.  i saw red suede 5's and many other nubuck-based J's in the line, soaked.  RIP to those sneakers,

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Peep the car with the suicide doors at :48 making sure they get into the newscast. Plenty of lulz in this vid.�
laugh.gif

Exactly what i thought!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"i was just tryna get some tennis shoes....doesnt look like ima get em." *munches on food*
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Peep the car with the suicide doors at :48 making sure they get into the newscast. Plenty of lulz in this vid.�
laugh.gif

Exactly what i thought!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"i was just tryna get some tennis shoes....doesnt look like ima get em." *munches on food*
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom