School Me on Dominicans...

i've noticed that harlem swag and dominican swag clashes...its literally day and night.

its why u can go to harlem...walk a few blocks to the heights and it feels like a completely different world.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Prowler 23

Originally Posted by Liveabovemediocrity

. Dominican women like making their parents happy and that means keeping it Dominican or bringing a white boy into the mix.
This is very true , even though I didnt personally experience it because my ex's Mom and Abuela .. R.I.P. , treated me with the up most respect. But I must say Puerto Ricans arenet to far behind with the racism against African Americans either, they just dont show it as much.
nerd.gif

I feel all cultures are guilty of this to some extent.
Just like when black women dislike white chicks for snatching up the "good brothas".

In regards to your comment i agree, but ill say this - Dominican cats for the most part and people in general just be surprised when they see a brother with aDominican chick in a club or whatever. They start talking that he probably got money whatever. Not all dominican people may i repeat.

I agree that Puerto Rican people have race issues as well. Their main diss against Dominicans is that Dominicans are black. That's why theirs such tensionbetween both groups. But Puerto Ricans less because they grew up with Blacks hand in hand. PR's got here earlier than DR's and theirs so many PR/Blackbabies out there its not even funny. So PR's and Blacks get along way better than DR's and Blacks. But, you can also attribute that to Dominicans beingin mostly Dominican neighborhoods. There are also many strictly PR neighborhoods, but most PR's and Blacks are bunched up in BK and BX and LES.

Originally Posted by Untitled

i've noticed that harlem swag and dominican swag clashes...its literally day and night.

its why u can go to harlem...walk a few blocks to the heights and it feels like a completely different world.

Agreed. One thing Harlem has is IDENTITY. Growing up in the Heights, I can't really say we have one. We more known for our product "Haze" thananything. You can't really tell if a dude is from the Heights by lingo or dress. There's the hicks who come here straight from DR who are on thatAventura type dress and regular urban dudes who don't mess with that. There's Dominican dudes who bleed baseball, Dominican dudes who bleed bball inDyckman projects and 207 (Inwood Park) and Cabrini. We undefined...maybe that's a good thing though.

. Dominican women like making their parents happy and that means keeping it Dominican or bringing a white boy into the mix.
This is very true , even though I didnt personally experience it because my ex's Mom and Abuela .. R.I.P. , treated me with the up most respect. But I must say Puerto Ricans arenet to far behind with the racism against African Americans either, they just dont show it as much.
nerd.gif

Just like when black women dislike white chicks for snatching up the "good brothas".

In regards to your comment i agree, but ill say this - Dominican cats for the most part and people in general just be surprised when they see a brother with a Dominican chick in a club or whatever. They start talking that he probably got money whatever. Not all dominican people may i repeat.

I agree that Puerto Rican people have race issues as well. Their main diss against Dominicans is that Dominicans are black. That's why theirs such tension between both groups. But Puerto Ricans less because they grew up with Blacks hand in hand. PR's got here earlier than DR's and theirs so many PR/Black babies out there its not even funny. So PR's and Blacks get along way better than DR's and Blacks. But, you can also attribute that to Dominicans being in mostly Dominican neighborhoods. There are also many strictly PR neighborhoods, but most PR's and Blacks are bunched up in BK and BX and LES.

the beef between pr's and dr's is that pr's are not independent. and most pr's hate the swagger of a dominican. its funny to see a pr talkingabout pride
laugh.gif

Agreed. One thing Harlem has is IDENTITY. Growing up in the Heights, I can't really say we have one. We more known for our product "Haze" than anything. You can't really tell if a dude is from the Heights by lingo or dress. There's the hicks who come here straight from DR who are on that Aventura type dress and regular urban dudes who don't mess with that. There's Dominican dudes who bleed baseball, Dominican dudes who bleed bball in Dyckman projects and 207 (Inwood Park) and Cabrini. We undefined...maybe that's a good thing though.
i dissagree, i feel we got a STRONG identiy...there's plenty of ___heights in NYC but if you tell someone "yo im from tha heightz"they know exactly what you talkin about.
pimp.gif

dominicans are real verstile hence all the differen't pots are hands are in.

but for starters we baseball, we platanos, we merengue, and we haze, and women
pimp.gif
and for the trappers "we the papis wit the connect"

Originally Posted by nelly28

nerd.gif

In regards to your comment i agree, but ill say this - Dominican cats for the most part and people in general just be surprised when they see a brother with a Dominican chick in a club or whatever. They start talking that he probably got money whatever. Not all dominican people may i repeat.

I agree that Puerto Rican people have race issues as well. Their main diss against Dominicans is that Dominicans are black. That's why theirs such tension between both groups. But Puerto Ricans less because they grew up with Blacks hand in hand. PR's got here earlier than DR's and theirs so many PR/Black babies out there its not even funny. So PR's and Blacks get along way better than DR's and Blacks. But, you can also attribute that to Dominicans being in mostly Dominican neighborhoods. There are also many strictly PR neighborhoods, but most PR's and Blacks are bunched up in BK and BX and LES.

the beef between pr's and dr's is that pr's are not independent. and most pr's hate the swagger of a dominican. its funny to see a pr talking about pride
laugh.gif
The beef between PR and DR is that they both think they run New York.
Cant stand the thought of a hispanic getting in their way. And they always get in each others way.

Hold up, how did y'all NOT know Untitled = Ninjahood?

I think I'm good at spotting S/N's, but that one was pretty obvious...he wasn't really trying to hide it.
laugh.gif

i dissagree, i feel we got a STRONG identiy...there's plenty of ___heights in NYC but if you tell someone "yo im from tha heightz" they know exactly what you talkin about.
pimp.gif
Yessir.

There's definitely a difference between a Dominican from the Heights and from other parts...I found that out once I moved away from there...I was surprisedto see PR's and DR's don't differentiate that much where I'm at.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]When these broads get older, they sure do grow goatees[/color]
smh.gif

my home boy did something with that....that bunz is crazy in some leggins
pimp.gif

I think I'm good at spotting S/N's, but that one was pretty obvious...he wasn't really trying to hide it.
laugh.gif

im stayin ambiguous though...when the time is right imma arrive correct.

shorty in the blue name is jennifer.... if that aint her its must be her sister cuz they look exactly alike........ she was 17 when i knew her but she shouldbe about 19 now....

Shorty in the blue did some work with Lavie clothing.
Thats that 1 hit wonder brand that did that "You Heart My Style" Tshirt.

Shorty in the black went to High School with me.
They all from NY, but could possibly reside in other places depending on their Colleges.

Shorty in the blue did some work with Lavie clothing.
Thats that 1 hit wonder brand that did that "You Heart My Style" Tshirt.

Shorty in the black went to High School with me.
They all from NY, but could possibly reside in other places depending on their Colleges.
I knew she looked familiar..

Originally Posted by nelly28

nerd.gif

the beef between pr's and dr's is that pr's are not independent. and most pr's hate the swagger of a dominican. its funny to see a pr talking about pride
laugh.gif
sure we do
indifferent.gif

Agreed. One thing Harlem has is IDENTITY. Growing up in the Heights, I can't really say we have one. We more known for our product "Haze" than anything. You can't really tell if a dude is from the Heights by lingo or dress. There's the hicks who come here straight from DR who are on that Aventura type dress and regular urban dudes who don't mess with that. There's Dominican dudes who bleed baseball, Dominican dudes who bleed bball in Dyckman projects and 207 (Inwood Park) and Cabrini. We undefined...maybe that's a good thing though.
i dissagree, i feel we got a STRONG identiy...there's plenty of ___heights in NYC but if you tell someone "yo im from tha heightz" they know exactly what you talkin about.
pimp.gif

dominicans are real verstile hence all the differen't pots are hands are in.

but for starters we baseball, we platanos, we merengue, and we haze, and women
pimp.gif
and for the trappers "we the papis wit the connect"
eyes.gif
Stop gassing up Washington Heights. That place is a dump.

And they need to stop denying that they are African. Trying to be a mythical Hispanic as said a few pages back.

Ill agree if you say the Heights to any NYC cat, he will think of Wash Heights. No doubt about it. All im saying is that we versatile in terms of dress. Wedon't have a strong identity in terms of gear because we all different. Like i said - urban cats/hick cats. Its not like some Harlem cats who be rockingscarves over their heads or oversized fitteds back in the day.

Our identity lies in the haze, the noise, the women, baseball, platanos like you said, but I was just talking about dress.

Back
Top Bottom