School Me On The CDP Molds

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

On the newer retros, I find that they tend to fit a little bit smaller. The materials are way too thin, and the paint chipped too easily.

And I agreed with you hotbutter, the CDP Black/Red XI was the worst out of all the CDP. The patent leather was too low, and they run small as heck.

And lets not forget about the stupid Jumpman being backwards. I know people don't care, but to me having the Jumpman backward ruin the natural balance of the sneakers.

If you had a pair of the OG or the earlier retros, then you would know.

There are so many things wrong with this post, you troll. This poor forum

how is he trollin?

word thats a legit post, and i actually agree with what he said

The way I understand it, after a production run Nike used to just destroy the old molds used for the shoe, making it nearly impossible to get a "true" retro of it later on. A shoe I know this happened on is the Flightposite 1 (1999). Sole Provider (Scoop Jackson) says that the OG's commandpremiumeds due to the molds being destroyed after the initial run. In many ways, it makes sense that Nike would destroy the molds after use, you don't wantthem falling in to the hands of counterfeiters. I have long wondered if the molds for the IV are in counterfeiter's hands, fake IV's have asurprisingly OG shape to them, especially compared to the banana boat CDP IV. I have a feeling those molds weren't destroyed by Nike considering the Retrosin '99 were strikingly like the OG's. Just some thoughts.

Originally Posted by antwaun817

to me the only shoe that has a noticable difference is the cdp 11. it feels fake on the foot. to small in my opinion. i wear a 13 in jordans and the 13 feels like a 12
i wear a 12 and got a 13 in cdp xi's and sold them because they were too big i have a size 12 space am and they fit like a 12

Not my comparison picture.

But you can clearly see the the differences between the 2001 and the CDP.

207q000.gif

Buy them or Dont , Provide an Opinion or Not , Quality has changed and NIKE / JORDAN Brand is a businees so MONEY comes 1st they gonna figure ways too keepmakin it...

Its not a big difference to me what mold they use I own og and retros and I'm fine with my cdp 11 and such

I knew the mold from the XI's was way off, like if they cheaped out on Patent leather and made it a lowe cut than the Retros, let alone originals.

I didn't know the mold on the XVIII's was different as well though.
laugh.gif

You can't even see the stitching on them, unlike on the black/blue pair.

Are the CDP XIX's a different shape compared to the originals as well or the XXI's, XXII's?

I can't believe they couldn't use the same mold for recent releases that re-released.

I knew the mold from the XI's was way off, like if they cheaped out on Patent leather and made it a lowe cut than the Retros, let alone originals.

I didn't know the mold on the XVIII's was different as well though.
laugh.gif

You can't even see the stitching on them, unlike on the black/blue pair.

Are the CDP XIX's a different shape compared to the originals as well or the XXI's, XXII's?

I can't believe they couldn't use the same mold for recent releases that re-released.

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

OK, firstly, the only part of a shoe that has a mold is the midsole and outsole. The actual pieces of leather are made from "PATTERNS." So lets be correct when we say that the cdp patterns are not the same.
READ WHAT THIS MAN SAYS HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!!

well i got the og xi breds and the new cdp breads and well the new ones are alot less comfortable, they feel hard...the old ones were alot softwer...

When the '96 version was introduced, I remember them feeling very comfortable. The CDP version doesn't compare but imo they aren't as bad as poeplesay. I kept them mainly for display.

They are def cheaper but I don't think as bad as most people think.... its more anger that they are using cheaper materials and charging more.. althoughthose xi's were bad... cuts my pinky toe bad everytime I wear em!

Back
Top Bottom