School me on your country's native food and you favorite restaurant.

I just had cuban food from Sophie's Cuban Cuisine.  It was ok but then again i don't know anything about Cuban food.  Enlighten me with your culinary knowledge.

Theres more to korean food than just korean bbq and kimchi. Some of it is well received by western palates, some of it not.

Dont really have a favorite korean restaurant. I liked my grandmas cooking before she started to get old and lost her sense of tastes and just started oversalting everything.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Theres more to korean food than just korean bbq and kimchi. Some of it is well received by western palates, some of it not.

Dont really have a favorite korean restaurant. I liked my grandmas cooking before she started to get old and lost her sense of tastes and just started oversalting everything.

Korean food is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait to go home and have some of mama's cooking

Afghani Food.
pimp.gif

The staple of our diet is rice, which we have with chicken, beef, curry, etc. Shorwa (soup) is one of my mother's best dishes. It's to die for.
Falafel is one of the MUST eats for anyone going to an Arab/Afghan restaurant. Put that chiz in a pita with some fresh vegetables, some chicken....
pimp.gif

There aren't any good Afghan restaurants here in Fairfield, but just an hour away in NY are some of the best places to get authentic Afghani kebabs, rice, and grinders.

Originally Posted by Skateboard

Afghani Food.
pimp.gif

The staple of our diet is rice, which we have with chicken, beef, curry, etc. Shorwa (soup) is one of my mother's best dishes. It's to die for.
Falafel is one of the MUST eats for anyone going to an Arab/Afghan restaurant. Put that chiz in a pita with some fresh vegetables, some chicken....
pimp.gif

There aren't any good Afghan restaurants here in Fairfield, but just an hour away in NY are some of the best places to get authentic Afghani kebabs, rice, and grinders.
what are some very common and staple afghani dishes?  how different is it from persian food?

theres this stand at my farmers market that markets itself as afghani food.  is this stuff legit or some poser stuff? http://bolaniandsauce.com/home.php  the flatbread things they sell are pretty tasty as is the garlic mint cheese accompanyment.  There was also this eggplant type spread that was good.  these types of flavors are right up my alley, and if this is typical afghani food i would really like to try some other stuff.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Skateboard

Afghani Food.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

what are some very common and staple afghani dishes?  how different is it from persian food?

theres this stand at my farmers market that markets itself as afghani food.  is this stuff legit or some poser stuff? http://bolaniandsauce.com/home.php  the flatbread things they sell are pretty tasty as is the garlic mint cheese accompanyment.  There was also this eggplant type spread that was good.  these types of flavors are right up my alley, and if this is typical afghani food i would really like to try some other stuff.

The thing is, Afghanistan was part of the Persian Empire, so I would think that Persian Food is a collective of Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. The website's title, Bolani & Sauce, is what I eat every Wednsday
laugh.gif
 Bolani is basically bread that is stuffed with potatoes, green onion, peppers, etc., which is then fried one side at a time in a large pan with a small amount of oil. I eat homemade Bolani with some homemade yogurt sauce, and it's just 
pimp.gif
. Eggplant in Persian is "Baunjan". Baunjan is commonly prepared with tomatoes and other vegetables to bring out it's flavor. I hate eggplant though. 
laugh.gif
 The stuff on the website is pretty legit, as I've eaten a lot of the recipes featured, prepared by my mother. I keep telling her to open up a restaurant. She'd make bank.
smokin.gif
 I advise against ordering food online, as it's always better to cook the food yourself. It's soooooo much more rewarding. You could also look around your neighborhood for middle-eastern/Persian restaurants. New York has the best in the North East.
My dinner tonight after I get back from the gym: Okra with mint yogurt sauce and spicy jalapeno spread.
eek.gif
 along with a little rice and spicy curry. Maaaaaan I can't WAIT. My mouth's watering like hell right now. If you need some help with any Persian recipes, feel free to PM me and I'll forward the questions to my "personal chef".
wink.gif

yea i dont know if im up to the task of cooking persian food. Theres quite a few persian restaurants around my area because there is a decent sized persian population here (Beverly Hills/West LA). For now I'm going to stick to just going to the restaurants, but maybe I will widen my horizons and start ordering different stuff.

bandeja paisa which consists of rice, beans, steak, chorizo, fried egg, avacado, chicharon and an arepa. For breakfast an empanada and cafe con leche and im set

Im from north jersey so I have a few options regarding colombian restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom