School/Recommend me an HD Camcorder/Camera. Free Stickers!

Whats up NT?
I need someone to recommend me an HD Camcorder. (And school me about them) I don't know much about these devices but I want something for under $250 with good HD quality.
Is it possible to get an HD Camcorder that is also a camera to take photos? Or would the video quality be better if it was strictly a camcorder??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Thanks

Oh, and FREE DANK L.A. STICKERS for duke whose camera I choose.

130062803.jpg

Whats up NT?
I need someone to recommend me an HD Camcorder. (And school me about them) I don't know much about these devices but I want something for under $250 with good HD quality.
Is it possible to get an HD Camcorder that is also a camera to take photos? Or would the video quality be better if it was strictly a camcorder??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Thanks

Oh, and FREE DANK L.A. STICKERS for duke whose camera I choose.

130062803.jpg

What kind of videos are you trying to do with your camera?

If you can spare 600 more bucks you can just go for a Canon t2i DSLR.

What kind of videos are you trying to do with your camera?

If you can spare 600 more bucks you can just go for a Canon t2i DSLR.

500x_sony_bloggie_touch.jpg

Sony's upgrading its chunky little Bloggie personal camcorder into a full-blown touchscreen device, with the Bloggie Touch—a sleek little option for recording Full HD video and capturing 12.8 megapixel still shots.
The biggest change to new Bloggie is the addition of a 3" touchscreen, which has allowed Sony to ditch the black plastic of the last-gen Bloggie in favour of a minimalist new look. There's an HDMI out for HD connectivity, 4x digital zoom, plus Sony's put in 8GB of internal memory for storage—which it says is enough for four hours of 720p video.

Bloggie Touch will be available in pink and black, but you're much more likely to get the silver one with its "brushed aluminium finish" when it arrives in November

500x_kodakplaytouch.jpg

Not sounding like a world of difference from Kodak's Zi8, this Playtouch pocket-camcorder has a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen, and shoots 1080p video from its tiny plastic body. The best part? It could just be that external microphone input.

Anyone who's ever fooled around with the Zi8 will know why that's such a worthy addition. As well as shooting 1080p video, it can also snap 5MP still photos, and transfer media to a computer via the inbuilt USB arm, along with showing home videos on a HDTV thanks to the HDMI output.

It'll cost $230 when it goes on sale in fall, and will be available in black, chrome, magenta, orange and teal.

500x_tosh-cam.jpg

Pricing it smack-bang alongside Sanyo's Xacti range of camcorders, the Camileo BW10 shoots video in 1080p on the MP4 format, and photos up to a 5MP resolution. The ISO range goes up to 1600, and while there's no optical zoom it has a digital zoom of 10x for both video and still photos.

It can withstand shooting up to 2m of water, and weighs 114g. The LCD screen is 2-inches (comparable to most of the Flip camcorders—which aren't waterproof), and can take SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 64GB capacity.

500x_xacti.jpg

It's not Sanyo's first waterproof HD camcorder, but it may be their best: a full HD (1920x1080) Xacti, 12x double-range zoom, 2.7-inch LCD screen, and safe to use in up to 10 feet of water. Snorkle not included.

The Sanyo VPC-CA102YL's going to be out this month—just in time for summer to be over—for $350. No, it doesn't come in any colors other than yellow, and yes, it shouldn't have to anyway.

I personally like the bloggie. You can always get a Flip HD too. Waterproof camcorders also sound pretty dope. Though most of these I think shoot at 30 frames per second while a good HD recorder shoots at 60 FPS but don't quote me on that.

500x_sony_bloggie_touch.jpg

Sony's upgrading its chunky little Bloggie personal camcorder into a full-blown touchscreen device, with the Bloggie Touch—a sleek little option for recording Full HD video and capturing 12.8 megapixel still shots.
The biggest change to new Bloggie is the addition of a 3" touchscreen, which has allowed Sony to ditch the black plastic of the last-gen Bloggie in favour of a minimalist new look. There's an HDMI out for HD connectivity, 4x digital zoom, plus Sony's put in 8GB of internal memory for storage—which it says is enough for four hours of 720p video.

Bloggie Touch will be available in pink and black, but you're much more likely to get the silver one with its "brushed aluminium finish" when it arrives in November

500x_kodakplaytouch.jpg

Not sounding like a world of difference from Kodak's Zi8, this Playtouch pocket-camcorder has a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen, and shoots 1080p video from its tiny plastic body. The best part? It could just be that external microphone input.

Anyone who's ever fooled around with the Zi8 will know why that's such a worthy addition. As well as shooting 1080p video, it can also snap 5MP still photos, and transfer media to a computer via the inbuilt USB arm, along with showing home videos on a HDTV thanks to the HDMI output.

It'll cost $230 when it goes on sale in fall, and will be available in black, chrome, magenta, orange and teal.

500x_tosh-cam.jpg

Pricing it smack-bang alongside Sanyo's Xacti range of camcorders, the Camileo BW10 shoots video in 1080p on the MP4 format, and photos up to a 5MP resolution. The ISO range goes up to 1600, and while there's no optical zoom it has a digital zoom of 10x for both video and still photos.

It can withstand shooting up to 2m of water, and weighs 114g. The LCD screen is 2-inches (comparable to most of the Flip camcorders—which aren't waterproof), and can take SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 64GB capacity.

500x_xacti.jpg

It's not Sanyo's first waterproof HD camcorder, but it may be their best: a full HD (1920x1080) Xacti, 12x double-range zoom, 2.7-inch LCD screen, and safe to use in up to 10 feet of water. Snorkle not included.

The Sanyo VPC-CA102YL's going to be out this month—just in time for summer to be over—for $350. No, it doesn't come in any colors other than yellow, and yes, it shouldn't have to anyway.

I personally like the bloggie. You can always get a Flip HD too. Waterproof camcorders also sound pretty dope. Though most of these I think shoot at 30 frames per second while a good HD recorder shoots at 60 FPS but don't quote me on that.

Nothing too sophisticated...maybe just video moments here and there for our blog. (Random moments, interviews, sessions
pimp.gif
, anything really)

I wish I could drop 6 more bills but not right now. I looked a little at Best Buy today and seems like a decent cam will cost around $400-$500.

Nothing too sophisticated...maybe just video moments here and there for our blog. (Random moments, interviews, sessions
pimp.gif
, anything really)

I wish I could drop 6 more bills but not right now. I looked a little at Best Buy today and seems like a decent cam will cost around $400-$500.

Back
Top Bottom