Scott Pilgrim

I know I'm super late on this one - but did anyone else like this movie? Caught it on cable yesterday and I liked it! It was very different and random - and I thought it was pretty cleverly put together.

The R Kelly reference on the bar scene was great - when asked how old Knives was - - Cera, "I need to pee on her." haha! Quite a few double (or triple?) entendres through the the flick.

Anyhoo.. if you have time and it's on tv - and you like something that's a bit different - watch it. I don't think the trailers that came out did the movie any justice.

ScottPilgrimFakePoster3.jpg

Yeah, loved the movie and the visuals. I wish I caught it in theaters. It was on demand haha.

tumblr_lsxt0rUg4M1qac1d4o1_500.gif

all in all a solid B+, although the over-witty banter did get a little much.

great fight scenes, funny black humor self depricating lead = win

I had fun watching, my friends who followed me in, (it was our second film that day) were not happy. It didn't do anything for them.
Will get the DVD and all comics later down the line.

EDIT: And the game.

Originally Posted by shogun

Why'd you post that random movie poster?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was like am I missin somethin here?

I always see it at the rental store. Sounds like I might have to pick it up

Didn't even expect to like it, loved it...hell, I illegally downloaded 2 of the soundtrack songs!

Totally never got that as an R.Kelly ref either, but makes sense in context
eek.gif

Originally Posted by foreveryoung

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like a lot of movies based off of comic book franchises, there's a lot of stuff to look for...all the ads in the newspapers and on the buses were designed specifically for the film. There was a behind the scenes clip where Knives' bedroom was shown, with tons of little trinkets that were produced despite not featuring in the film. I wasn't familiar with this franchise at all, but the comic fans I'm sure were impressed by the level of detail.

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like a lot of movies based off of comic book franchises, there's a lot of stuff to look for...all the ads in the newspapers and on the buses were designed specifically for the film. There was a behind the scenes clip where Knives' bedroom was shown, with tons of little trinkets that were produced despite not featuring in the film. I wasn't familiar with this franchise at all, but the comic fans I'm sure were impressed by the level of detail.
laugh.gif
  Damn I totally forgot about that.  I feel stupid now.

It was a great movie...I literally busted out laughing when the asian girl came looking for scott and dude told his friend to tell her he wasn't there and you see this dude do a whole bunch of acrobatics behind the dude trying to get out the window....if someone made a gif of that....too awesome.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ahhh yea after lookin at the poster and movie description again i figured it was part of the movie. Good lookin out tho i was legitimately confused
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ahhh yea after lookin at the poster and movie description again i figured it was part of the movie. Good lookin out tho i was legitimately confused
laugh.gif
Haha! Yea, the first exboyfriend that Cera goes up against is none other than Captain America - who played a guy playing a guy that is in the movie poster I posted. It was actually pretty awesome - with all of Chris Evans' doubles and grinding.

010SVW_Thomas_Jane_001.jpg

I thought the movie was great, very entertaining. Sucks that it didn't make much money in the theaters though.

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Felt like it would have been better if I watched it on drugs...

i liked it. i bought it from target. i asked the guy at the register if it was a good movie and he said "yea its ok, but it be better if u watched it high"

Back
Top Bottom