Seattle/Bellevue - Places to look for housing?

NTers, I'm going to be in the Seattle / Redmond area for the summer. Besides, Craigslist, any good places to look for housing? Any neighborhoods toavoid? Where are the good shopping districts? Thanks.

u-district is kinda shady now with a whole bunch of petty crimes going on, but it's definitely "safe" and housing is cheapest around there.redmond is uber safe, since it's microsoft town. bellevue is definitely safe as well, but pricing is a bit higher. i'd avoid west seattle/downtownseattle.

there are some threads already on good shopping/sightseeing things in seattle, so check out that thread, it should be on the 1st page.

edit: also, check out facebook. the marketplace there is FILLED with people subrenting apts. in the u-district, cuz they're leaving for summer vacationsand whatnot. a great place to start, and it would be my first choice to look, actually. good luck!

What are you looking to do? And how long? I got a room for rent if you're really intersted which is in Kirkland. It's very close to Bellevue and all.

As for your questions:

1. I'm unsure of what to look for really when it comes to housing.
2. Shopping - what kind of shopping are you into?

I would prefer a furnished bedroom. I'm going to be there from late May to mid August. Shopping would be like a typical mall with department stores andshoe stores.

A place in Bellevue sounds like it'd be ideal for you.
---Bellevue Square mall near by (lots of places to shop at & eat at in Bellevue... and of course you could just drive to Seattle if youreally needed to)
---Nice overall area, safe area
---Short drive to Seattle

^dude, bellevue is expensive. i'd opt for kirkland or u-district via facebook, like i said.

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

^dude, bellevue is expensive. i'd opt for kirkland or u-district via facebook, like i said.
Depends where in Bellevue... There are definitely affordable places/areas in Bellevue, but for the most part you're right.However like I said Bellevue is nice.

Pmed the details.

It's not a furnished room, but it is in Kirkland. About 10 min away from Bellevue Sq so tons of shopping and not too far from Alderwood mall.

I'm in real estate...the Kirkland set up sounds good with Optimus. I grew up in Bellevue and have lived in Kirkland for over 20 years now. Bell Sq. andAlderwood mall would good places to shop. Bellevue is the core of the Eastside. Especially if you're gonna be in Redmond(microsoft capital) Kikrland willbe a nice place to hang.

Back
Top Bottom