**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 20-18 | v. A's & Royals |

Because you expect one of your best guys to not implode. What Sewald is doing is what Brash is known for
I just keep expecting to use Sewald later in the game. Figured he'd keep Brash in there for another inning just to settle things down.

I think using Flexen or Kirby as stretch would’ve been better. Why not save Brash and Sewald for a must-win?

I just keep expecting to use Sewald later in the game. Figured he'd keep Brash in there for another inning just to settle things down.
You're gonna play things a little tighter in the playoffs. Leases are shorter and your best arms will be called in alot earlier to keep things from unraveling

Mariners will need to consider Flexen next series in place of Ray. Theoretically, Castillo can go game 2, which gives him 5 days rest since yesterday's start. Gilbert game 1 who has faired well vs. Houston this season (4 starts, 2.52 ERA). Comparatively, Flexen had 5 starts vs. Houston with a 2.70 ERA opposed to Ray's 3 starts with a 10.97 ERA. Castillo has not faced Houston. Gilbert, Castillo, Flexen, Gilbert, Castillo. Maybe try Ray game 4 if up 2-1, but there's enough days off in there to stick with a 3-man rotation. A bullpen day not out of the question if they can get the starter to go 6 or 7 in 2 of the 3 first games. Should be interesting. Marco had 4 starts with a 3.81 ERA...also a game 3 or 4 option, but Ray should not be, in all honesty.

Last edited:
Mariners will need to consider Flexen next series in place of Ray. Theoretically, Castillo can go game 2, which gives him 5 days rest since yesterday's start. Gilbert game 1 who has faired well vs. Houston this season (4 starts, 2.52 ERA). Comparatively, Flexen had 5 starts vs. Houston with a 2.70 ERA opposed to Ray's 3 starts with a 10.97 ERA. Castillo has not faced Houston. Gilbert, Castillo, Flexen, Gilbert, Castillo. Maybe try Ray game 4 if up 2-1, but there's enough days off in there to stick with a 3-man rotation. A bullpen day not out of the question if they can get the starter to go 6 or 7 in 2 of the 3 first games. Should be interesting. Marco had 4 starts with a 3.81 ERA...also a game 3 or 4 option, but Ray should not be, in all honesty.
I’d go Kirby before Flexen, tbh. His stuff is just way better and he showed some balls today closing it out.

I’d go Kirby before Flexen, tbh. His stuff is just way better and he showed some balls today closing it out.

They have options. It's hard to look past 5 starts and a sub 3 ERA though. I think Kirby only saw them a couple of times, so it might be worth it. A division rival adds layers though, so whatever they do, hopefully they get it right.

Congrats to y’all! Idk why but even when we had the lead early on, I still had an uneasy feeling that the Mariners will win. And that they did. Good luck on the next series.

Never gave up hope, one of the most amazing comebacks I’ve personally watched. And definitely the most intense/emotional for me. But seems so fitting for this team and never really seemed out of the realm of possibility

Hope springer is good though. Tough/lucky play to tie te game on

Lets beat Houston

Back
Top Bottom