**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 47-41 | v. Twins, O's and Jays |

Jackson is what he is at this point. Not that shiny top prospect he once was coming out of high school, he's been slowed in the minors by a multitude of things. Whether its injury, underwhelming play, or as some with knowledge of the situation would deem as "maturity issues". Read a note he became just the 2nd INF prospect since 2001 to be ranked within the top 30 at his position to not have made his debut by the start of his 2nd season.

Slated for another year in single A ball - He's still young and raw as they get but he was still going to be YEARS away from making an impact at the major league level. .240 clip/32% k rate heavily support that.

Povse I think is the big get in the deal (literally, duke is 6'8" 200lbs) and automatically inserts into the top 10 within the organization.Read a few articles that are ranking Povse over top pitching prospect luis gohara. Touches 98 with room for uptick in velocity with adjusted arm movement. I think the big key is both pitchers in the deal have major league experience, and have had some success, albeit in small sample sizes.

I met Alex Jackson at a fanfest and his dad was following him around like he was the star. Seemed like one of those little league type dads

Really hoping this is just garbage talk....really dislike this guy...

It'd be nice if jerry was wheeling and dealing again. Let's get another bat and starter, hell Joey bats market is all dried up, wouldn't eem be mad if we offered him a 1 yr deal at this point.

Guess Dipoto is banking for another player to have a bounce back year

we'll see

Last edited:
I like both trades together. Hate the Smith trade individually. But hey Smith and Karns for Yovani and Dyson.
I like it

I like the Dyson move - short term probably but it has outfield is has shaped up nicely this year

Well now that Dipoto is back from the dead, hopefully the rotation woes are gonna get worked on soon...af...please

dat run prevention, tho. :pimp:

I think Gallardo can be a solid addition, if he's healthy. He Can't be far off from what karns did while he was in the rotation last season... At least I hope

Smyly  
lupe1.png

Decent back end starter of the rotation. Anyone gonna miss Gohara's potential?

Other than that I dont see an issue with this move

Back
Top Bottom