Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Always cool to see some sort of NBA here, but it’s getting dumb now without a promise of a team. The last preseason game played at Key Arena before remodeling seemed more emotional. To have folks hit lower Queen Anne, on a Monday night, and then not make an announcement? FOH…

Also side note, but Macklemore doesn’t do a damn thing for me, hate how they keep trotting him out there for due diligence LOL!

I knew not to get too excited when rumors of an expansion announcement were floating around a couple months back but yea if they really expand to Mexico and not Seattle I'll be super bummed.

Hall of Fame sports journalist David Aldridge joins us for this episode of Iconic Sonics. David, Host Mike Gastineau and Guest Host Chris Daniels discuss the factors that should lead to the return of the Sonics, including the media rights deal, other sports team sales and the Collective Bargaining Agreement. They also discuss how the NBA is evaluating the Seattle Kraken's success, the Crawsover’s popularity and the League's relationship with the Oak View Group.

Iconic Sonics: David Aldridge on Apple Podcasts

Will Conroy, associate Head Coach at the University of Washington and member of the Huskies staff since 2015, joins Iconic Sonics to talk with Mike Gastineau about his Seattle roots.

Will remembers what it was like to be a kid during the ’96 Sonics championship run in Seattle, what growing up with an NBA team meant to him, and talks about what he and his friends (including Seattle legend Jamal Crawford) do every year to grow and strengthen the impressive Seattle basketball youth community.

Iconic Sonics: Will Conroy on Apple Podcasts

Back
Top Bottom