Seattle SuperSonics Thread

If you hear the entire audio with Woj, he says the league was "heavily involved" in solidifying a Seattle ownership group. Almost as if they encouraged Hansen to get Ballmer and the Nordstrom family on board.

Just out of curiosity, because this impending sale isn't a secret, why does the league want everyone tight lipped about this?

It's not about being tight-lipped, it's about letting business people negotiate behind closed doors (which is how all businesses operate). The NBA isn't going to start broadcasting every step of the negotiations.

im willing to bet the maloofs sell to someone in sacramento.

someone will over bid coming out of sacramento

if they move to seattle the maloofs will not be safe for the rest of their lives. some wacko from sactown gonna get um.

the only way this happens is if the nba truly screws over the town of sacramento.

if im sac i overbid like no other. without a pro franchise in sacramento that place really will be a giant dump. thats all they have out there. the crime rate has gotten worse round there. damn i remember when their malls use to be nice...

sacramento needs this team more than seattle does.

seattle got the mariners, seahawks, and that garbage wnba team.

sacramento got.......................the rivercats! lol

thats no way for the capital of california to look..

its funny how seattle fans are so excited with the thoughts of dudes buying the kings. In reality they are doing what okc did to them.. such is the way of the world..

Hey!! We have a minor league soccer team coming to town in 2 years!!!!!

Oh wait Seattle has the Sounders too 
laugh.gif
 (I'm actually an MLS/Galaxy fan)

If its a bidding war Seattle will beat Sacramento to a bloody pulp and make us look like stupid ***, broke hicks while they're sipping on their fancy Seattle's Best (I'm guessing yall don't drink Starbucks no more) and tossing fish around the market. 

Plus, as most Seattleites will bring up, Stern needs to right a wrong here. And right now, I think he's willing to let Sacramento off the hook here to do that.

Only way for the NBA/Stern to keep this neat and clean is to grant Seattle expansion and forcing the Maloofs to stay..... win-win-win. Seattle, Sac, NBA, we all win.

I doubt its even feasible but whatever. I know Seattle fans are gonna say this is different from when they got the Sonics taken away from them, and I won't argue them because I know there is no way I'll change any of their minds on it. But the bottomline is, one fan base is losing their team while another is gaining it. Its a lose-lose. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Sad situation.

The day the Kings leave Sacramento, this city ain't ever gonna be the same again. A city that is already a step down from major cities, will take another step down and head towards Stockton/Fresno/Modesto levels. Truth hurts, hurts more when folks say "well theres a team just an hour and a half away" but what these people fail to understand, is that to fans like me, the Kings mean so so soooo much more to us than just basketball and entertainment. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
Spoke to great @WojYahooNBA who said “the league has so much invested in this”.. “The deal will eventually come to fruition” #SeattleArena

@wojyahoonba also told me "the option of keeping that team in Sacramento for another year is not appealing for (Maloofs)..or..league."

As far as whether owners would approve...@wojyahoonba says "It would be a rubber stamp, to get the approval and go to Seattle."

One more from @wojyahoonba: "In the end, there is one answer for them (Maloofs).." and that is to "complete the deal with #Seattle group."

We also talked with @Ryan_Lillis from the @sacbee today who estimates Maloof debt to Sacramento and the NBA at close to $200 Million...

The idea of $200 million in debt!!

And then still not taking a deal to pay it off.... These guys gotta lay off the cocaine

The last thing the NBA needs is an expansion team. The talent is watered down as is as seen by the Sacramento Kings.

- Players seem to hate travelling to Sacramento, let alone signing up to play there.
- David Stern apparently has said his two biggest regrets are the CP3 veto and basketball leaving Seattle.

Really!? 
nerd.gif

So I heard, but I've never looked for that in writing. But that's why it wouldn't surprise me if the opportunity for the Kings to be sold came up, he'd quietly push or make it easier for Seattle buyers.

It's his own damn fault. But you don't right a wrong by committing another wrong.

He shouldn't have let it happen in the first place if he cared so much, yet since he did, I guess he cares more about righting the wrong (bringing a team to Seattle) than committing another wrong (taking it from Sac). That's terrible thinking on his part if true. But I'd still ultimately blame the Maloofs. If they hadn't run the Kings into the ground, there wouldn't even be talk of Seattle billionaires trying to buy them and Stern preferring it go through.

Last edited:
its funny how seattle fans are so excited with the thoughts of dudes buying the kings. In reality they are doing what okc did to them.. such is the way of the world..

Every Seattle fan on this board has expressed how they hate it has to be this way. ANY city would be happy to get their team back. It just sucks it has to come at the expense of another city, which leaves me with this situation being completely different than Seattle's. Seattle was robbed. Sacramento is simply led by inept ownership so someone has to bail them out. If no one in Sacramento can, then Seattle will. That's what it comes down to.

And I would LOVE to see where Stern said that about his two regrets because that fool is as stubborn as they come.

Last edited:
via Matt Steinmetz
I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price

of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out.

39 minutes ago

via Matt Steinmetz

I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price
of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out.

39 minutes ago

:wow:

Folks covering this are going nuts trying to be the first to report the sale of this thing.... Irresponsible coverage with all these 'leaks' 
laugh.gif

I would trust a "reliable source" report more than I would a source that is "close to the Maloofs." :lol:

More smokescreens are coming, I'm sure...Just sayin'.

NBA spokesman has no information on any possible deal with Maloofs & Seattle. Says nothing has been turned into league that he knows of.
— Rob McAllister (@Rob_McAllister) January 11, 2013
my boy 
nthat.gif
I recall a time, not long ago, when journalism required that info be sourced & corroborated by subsequent sources. Now it's a race for 1st
— Chris Clark(@C2KingsPR) January 11, 2013
This..

it ain't fair to not only Kings fans who want to keep this team, but yall thieving *** Seattle folks who can't wait to get this team 
laugh.gif
I was joking bout that last part 
laugh.gif

idk what to believe.....does come off those w/ sacro connections are in denial though 

- Players seem to hate travelling to Sacramento, let alone signing up to play there.
eek.gif
 I read that douchey quote from Jason Terry, but that was about all the negative quotes I read from players. 

But I guess its an easy conclusion to come to. Sacramento has never been a free agent destination tho, we all know this. 
The last thing the NBA needs is an expansion team. The talent is watered down as is as seen by the Sacramento Kings.
and I stated how this isn't really an option. However as little 'contraction' talks as there have been, there has also been as expansion talk.

even from Hansen himself.
The idea of $200 million in debt!!

And then still not taking a deal to pay it off.... These guys gotta lay off the cocaine
Well, all things considered. Lets just say the deal is for $500 mil. 200 mil of that deal is going into the debt. On top of that, they are only 43% owners of the Kings.... 43% of that 300 mil is 130 mil.... split between the 5 sibblings, thats only $25 mil each 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

It's his own damn fault. But you don't right a wrong by committing another wrong.
I'm with ya, but at the end of the day is the Maloofs snakey ***' fault

Back
Top Bottom