Secrets About Your Job...

Wish I could have been a lifeguard. Didn't know how to swim though. 
weak post to screen name ratio
laugh.gif
 Yes, I used to work at a surf/skate shop in HS but couldn't swim. 

Some days, I had to bring surfboards down to the beach and teach the kiddies how to surf, but I would just chill instead. 

Last edited:
Work in healthcare.So many stories.

Not all Doctors are competent.

Nurses are either hot and crazy or Cat lady's.

Some Docs will milk you especially Anesthesiologists.

If your nice to the staff you will get treated good if not your SOL

This guy knows. Especially about MD competency :smh:

:nerd:

Not really a secret but my senior partner handed Michelle Obama the envelope at the oscars this year. Pretty cool representing my firm.

I've been telling people this since that RSVP crap started.
How is that getting what you pay for? And aren't tips dealt with AFTER the pizza is delivered?

laugh.gif
At tipping $15 for a dollar bottle of soda and a garlic cup.

I guess I'll play along. Worked corporate for finishline. If a shoe I wanted was releasing, I'd email one of the warehouse managers and have them send it to the employee store for me. From there, I would let it sit until it was dirt cheap (DT 1s for $30, jordan packs for $70, Jams for $90, etc.). Store managers are authorized to discount anything they want and at any %. If they tell you they can't do anything because of the coupon policy, they're lying. Markdowns happen on Wednesday. If you need to buy a shoe, wait til Wednesday if you can. Saturday release date product usually does not get marked down until at least 46 days (which will always be a wednesday) because the reciept is only valid for 45 days. If you think a shoe isn't selling well and will get marked down, buy it on release day, return it and buy it back. If you wear a pair of shoes and want to return them for cash, tell them it was a "fit and comfort issue". Nike credits back our account. I use to take advantage of this a couple times a month. Links to release date products are given to family/friends. Can't be purchase until its officially released, but it makes it a whole lot easier.
Bro, I've been trying to get into corp for sometime. How'd you do it?

If you guys wanna watch a 3D or XD movie (at a Century theater) but don't wanna pay $15 per ticket, do this:

Buy these from costco (~$15 for two)

"Return" movie ticket. Just make up some crap about having to leave or something. They'll give you another pass (either a guest pass or rain check. either one will work)
Come back with either the guest pass or rain check and use that pass for the 3D/XD movie.

You just paid about $7.50 for a $15+ ticket.

This only works at Cinemark/Century theaters though.

If you just use those platinum supersavers, you would still need to pay the extra amount. So do as I say to avoid those extra charges, lol. I actually tell a couple of customers here and there about this secret..

I work in education.

If the students I work with are any indication of the future of this country, then we are in some trouble.

These kids are lazy, rude, ignorant, tuned-out, etc. It's all really rather unfortunate to see...:smh:

Of course, there are the few gems, but they are always few and far between.

But really though, the kind of stratified dystopia made evident in Brave New World-- I can honestly see that taking shape in the present; and unfortunately, many of the students I work with are actively, but unknowingly, stratifying themselves into gammas, deltas, and epsilons.

Probably can't fault them entirely though. The system itself is screwed up.

I just really hope that I can make some difference in their lives.

I work in education.

If the students I work with are any indication of the future of this country, then we are in some trouble.

These kids are lazy, rude, ignorant, tuned-out, etc. It's all really rather unfortunate to see...:smh:

But really though, the kind of stratified dystopia made evident in Brave New World-- I can honestly see that taking shape in the present; and unfortunately, many of the students I work with are actively, but unknowingly, stratifying themselves into gammas, deltas, and epsilons.

sorry for my ignorance. i understand you overall but could you explain this...only heard alpha and betas used and im curious for these descriptions

Last edited:
Once you're a partner at a successful law firm, you legitimately have 2-4 hour work days. If you are the chair partner, you come to work once a week. I look at my bosses and
mean.gif
, but it's a huge motivator to work hard.

I work in education.

You work in education and can't even address the single greatest problem with education in America. That's scarier than whatever you have to say about the kids you work with.

Once you're a partner at a successful law firm, you legitimately have 2-4 hour work days. If you are the chair partner, you come to work once a week. I look at my bosses and :smh: , but it's a huge motivator to work hard.

I dunno what firm you work at but that's not the standard at a "successful law firm." Even Marty Lipton, the top dog at the top firm works way more than 2-4 hours a day.

Maybe you define "successful law firm" differently than I do, or perhaps you're speaking in hyperbole, but any partner at a V100 firm works more than 2-4 hours a day.

Last edited:
I work in education.

You work in education and can't even address the single greatest problem with education in America. That's scarier than whatever you have to say about the kids you work with.

Oh really? Please enlighten me on what's the "single greatest problem" with education in America.

I'll just sick back and patiently wait for you to identify this single, objective, problem.

Let's see if your opinion is not debatable.

:rolleyes

Only a fool would be credulous enough to attribute the plethora of problems, inherent in our educational system, to a "single greatest" source.

You, however, have cornered the market on insight, so please enlighten this simple minded brotha.

:rolleyes

Last edited:
I work at Champs and if youre being a **** and asking for a certain shoe, I'll just go to the back, chill for a minute, and come back and tell you that we dont have it

Champs Sports as well,

Nothing real grimey here. Just forcing insoles socks and shoe cleaners down your throat. Also making you buy some type of clothing if you buy a shoe. I enjoy the job tho. :smokin

Mattress firm....we never run new sales just switch up the visual merchandising.

Like cellphone companies mattress places are hidden gold mines when it comes to income. I work with people that pull in 60k a year and they aren't even the best salesmen. The good salesmen pull in 100k plus

Nothing too bad here :lol:

Last edited:
Mattress firm....we never run new sales just switch up the visual merchandising.

Like cellphone companies mattress places are hidden gold mines when it comes to income. I work with people that pull in 60k a year and they aren't even the best salesmen. The good salesmen pull in 100k plus

Nothing too bad here
laugh.gif
Yup! My Manager makes like 60K+ a year just by selling 100 phones a month. 
mean.gif
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom