Seen this Topic on another MB... In their prime who was more popular

Elvis, The Beatles ,Michael Jackson, or Michael Jordan. Of Course I say jackson. . The pole said Elvis was though

Jordan > all. After all, if it wasn't for Jordan, we might not even be here.

Now is not the right time to ask this, too soon to Michael Jackson's death.

IMO The Beatles or Elvis were probably the biggest in their prime.

you can't really say mj's prime. only because he went from doin it big with jackson 5 as a youngster, and making it happen in his solo career. elvisyou can say is just a heart throb only reason his name remains strong is because of the elvis impersinators.
i go with the beatles

Back in the day based off what Ive read and saw....it would be Beatles

but in our generation......Jackson hands down

Jackson will return to the surface of television/videogames once again in the future. While another epic prodigy will use the blueprints of great entertainersand push the envelope once more. We might not live to see it though
laugh.gif

I would say Jordan..

Till this day, everyone would say Jordan is the best in the NBA or Jordan is the face of the NBA.

MJ ... beatlemania wasn't touching ALL areas of the globe ...

people wasn't fainting and passing out ... grown men weren't crying ... MJ may be the most popular human being ever ...

Originally Posted by UnkleLuke

Jackson man. Name a better string of albums than Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad...
Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, MM Tour, White Album....i could probably have put their whole library

the MJ streak of albums is amazing though

Jackson was known WORLDWIDE by the masses...black, white, brown, clear, etc

only white ppl knew the beatles
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Jackson. Cats in the Philippines don't care about the Beetles.

laugh.gif

this is true though , the beatles were huge in america + europe, and thats it

Michael Jackson was worldwide

and it cant be Jordan because basketball isnt even that huge around the world, and even if it was most watch soccer instead

Originally Posted by NewZ05

Jackson was known WORLDWIDE by the masses...black, white, brown, clear, etc

only white ppl knew the beatles
eyes.gif
I feel you, I've listened to both the Beatles and Elvis and I really don't see what made them so great there music is just boring.

I can't say. It all depends. What is the methadology we are using to measure this? Do you mean internationally? What exactly do you mean by"popular"? It depends on where in the world or location you happen to be. Fame tends to be a perception rather than fact.

I know this is Niketalk and some will say Jordan, but I would leave him out of this. For example, how is Jordan's fame in Europe? Would his status reachthat of the Beatles or even MJ? With sports it is different because in different countries it is a different sport that might be more popular than the other.Soccer is the most popular sport worldwide. So, would someone like Pele have more worldwide fame status than Michael Jordan? I would even put Mohammed Aliabove Jordan.

As for music...The Beatles definetly revolutionized music, as did Elvis in some ways. However, I do not think Elvis is as original as others make him out tobe. As for Michael, he also transcended generations and I find that he was able to tap into all kinds of demographics of people - the young,old,differentraces,etc.He crossed all boundaries as did the others. So, it is hard to tell who was the most popular during their prime.

Back
Top Bottom