Selling Internationally on eBay: How not to get scammed

I just sold an iPhone 4 on eBay, but the buyer is located in Australia.
I sold a 3GS a few months ago to a dude in England, and he filed a dispute and won both his money and the phone (He said he never received it).
How can I go about this situation in a way that makes it impossible for me to be scammed?

I just sold an iPhone 4 on eBay, but the buyer is located in Australia.
I sold a 3GS a few months ago to a dude in England, and he filed a dispute and won both his money and the phone (He said he never received it).
How can I go about this situation in a way that makes it impossible for me to be scammed?

use a shipping service that has tracking
i know this sounds obvious but i don't think usps has tracking for international, but i believe UPS does

i have also sold iPhones internationally on ebay lol, i guess i just got lucky though. sucks to be scammed

use a shipping service that has tracking
i know this sounds obvious but i don't think usps has tracking for international, but i believe UPS does

i have also sold iPhones internationally on ebay lol, i guess i just got lucky though. sucks to be scammed

I sold an iphone 4 a couple months ago to a buyer in China. The buyer's paypal address was in Socal so I thought it was fraud. So I contacted a seller that he also bought a iphone from and the guy helped me out. He said the paypal address was a China shipment warehouse which does the transferring from our domestic shipper.

I sold an iphone 4 a couple months ago to a buyer in China. The buyer's paypal address was in Socal so I thought it was fraud. So I contacted a seller that he also bought a iphone from and the guy helped me out. He said the paypal address was a China shipment warehouse which does the transferring from our domestic shipper.

Thanks for all the tips. I went to UPS online, it said it would cost $98.01 to ship to him
laugh.gif

I told him, and put that on the invoice.

Thanks for all the tips. I went to UPS online, it said it would cost $98.01 to ship to him
laugh.gif

I told him, and put that on the invoice.

Sort of related, but what were the pp fees for that transaction? Are you still covered under pp seller protection?

Sort of related, but what were the pp fees for that transaction? Are you still covered under pp seller protection?

Gotta have tracking on it and I forgot which International Services have Signature Confirmation.

Gotta have tracking on it and I forgot which International Services have Signature Confirmation.

i've sold multiple items to international buyers. make sure you get tracking as well as a required signature upon delivery.

i've sold multiple items to international buyers. make sure you get tracking as well as a required signature upon delivery.

Back
Top Bottom