Sent money as GIFT via paypal then scammed..advice?

a friend of mine purchased a pair of projector headlights and some other parts from a seller on a message forum..he paid $220 via paypal sent as gift (withdrawn from checking) and the seller hasnt responded to messages or have delivered any merchandise..my homeboy doesnt have any contact information ..no phone numbers just an email address and name associated to email address from paypal payment ...as for myself i never send payments as gift so i dont know what to tell him... are there any options for him? can law enforcement or paypal do anything about his situation to bust this guy?..or did he just get away scott free?  any help appreciated ..thanks

a friend of mine purchased a pair of projector headlights and some other parts from a seller on a message forum..he paid $220 via paypal sent as gift (withdrawn from checking) and the seller hasnt responded to messages or have delivered any merchandise..my homeboy doesnt have any contact information ..no phone numbers just an email address and name associated to email address from paypal payment ...as for myself i never send payments as gift so i dont know what to tell him... are there any options for him? can law enforcement or paypal do anything about his situation to bust this guy?..or did he just get away scott free?  any help appreciated ..thanks

Not sure what they can do since it was a GIFT.
How long has it been since payment?

I always pay the extra 3% fee for using a CC so I'm protected if something like that ever happens.

I always pay the extra 3% fee for using a CC so I'm protected if something like that ever happens.

Originally Posted by trancebboy

few days ago..

Originally Posted by trancebboy

few days ago..

Dudes getting got left and right. "Your friend" should be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom