September Wrestling Thread 2021

D Fly D Fly

Good insights.

I would also say that trimming the fat off the roster HAS to take place at some point. I know this is a high morale company where everyone enjoys eachother's companionship but at some point you HAVE to address the dead weight on that roster.

Very WCW-ish

For context:

I don't think they need to release anyone unless they're a locker room cancer because most of their contracts allow them to take independent bookings, so if there's no storyline reason for them to be a Dynamite or whatever, they can just schedule more bookings for themselves, say they've been on TV, and make money that way. Most of the younger talent need more reps than they're getting on the TV shows and the Darks anyway.

I don't think they need to release anyone unless they're a locker room cancer because most of their contracts allow them to take independent bookings, so if there's no storyline reason for them to be a Dynamite or whatever, they can just schedule more bookings for themselves, say they've been on TV, and make money that way. Most of the younger talent need more reps than they're getting on the TV shows and the Darks anyway.
I'm looking at it from an office/cap POV.

I mean we joke about TOny Khan having unlimited funds but you still don't want to just foolishly spend on talent you are barely using and/or don't need.

But you are right, I don't think they WILL do roster cuts.

Kenny the best ever :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
Huh man. :pimp:

Waiting for Case Case to finally get IT.

Already on 4 nights a week.

Dark: Elevation on Mondays (YouTube)
Dark on Tuesdays (YouTube)
Dynamite on Wednesdays (TNT)
Rampage on Fridays (TNT)

Anymore would be overkill
Do people actually watch Dark though? I've never watched IT personally. Doesn't seem like IT really has any impact on major storylines.

Maybe I just have big old head energy, but TO ME, IT seems like there's a massive difference between actual TV time and something that is on Youtube.

Do people actually watch Dark though? I've never watched IT personally. Doesn't seem like IT really has any impact on major storylines.

Maybe I just have big old head energy, but TO ME, IT seems like there's a massive difference between actual TV time and something that is on Youtube.

YouTube is free. Dark episodes get 200K-1M views.

Storylines are part of all AEW shows.

YouTube is free. Dark episodes get 200K-1M views.

Storylines are part of all AEW shows.
So are guys like Ambrose and MJF, for example, frequently on those shows? Jericho? Dentist?

Guess I always thought IT was more of like a developmental thing where guys like Pilman Jr and the random Dork Order dudes can have matches.

So are guys like Ambrose and MJF, for example, frequently on those shows? Jericho? Dentist?

Moxley has wrestled on Dark shows

MJF and Jericho do not.

Before becoming champ Britt did wrestle on Dark shows

Omega was on a show before becoming champ wrestled 4 months ago on Dark so before and during his title reign.

Death Triangle wrestle on Dark

A lot of the roster have matches on the YouTube shows.

Last edited:
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Just finished Masked Man/Kaz All Out Afterparty pod. Good listen. Was basically them just answering questions from the Spotify chat room. Somebody in the chat asked about the race dynamic and they had an interesting talk about IT. Won't really discuss IT here though since a certain someone may throw another hissy fit.

All y'all concerned about the Root Beer roster getting too big don't worry- Remember they are coming up on a year or two of AEW officially becoming a promotion. A lot of these low card talent that were signed at the beginning will have their contracts expiring soon and will not be renewed. Absolutely no need to re-sign them.

The Dark shows on Youtube are genius idea. Fill up 2+ hours each week of low card/indie talent that are on short term/paid by appearance contracts, give them exposure so wrestling fans cand promoters an know who they are and give them a good shot at getting signed by any of the other promotions with some good exposure and matches on their resume. Sprinkle on a couple of mid card and top talent on Dark every now and then and the views they get on Youtube makes the company hundreds of thousands every month. The shows pay for themselves. It works for everyone.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Just finished Masked Man/Kaz All Out Afterparty pod. Good listen. Was basically them just answering questions from the Spotify chat room. Somebody in the chat asked about the race dynamic and they had an interesting talk about IT. Won't really discuss IT here though since a certain someone may throw another hissy fit.

I will listen on the way to work tomorrow.

Gotta listen to Pollack/Wai and Big Dave.

so with dane byran over at aew now, does that mean yall will see brie bryan there soon??
1630944641088.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom