Serious Discussion: What's really good with Peyton Manning off the field?

Peyton Manning. This man has all of the commercials (the one with him in the hallway trying to avoid Jason Taylor is crack by the way
pimp.gif
), he's got the super bowl ring, and he's got the NFL wrapped around thefinger on his throwing hand. But why is it that this guy has the swag of a junior college guidance counselor? This dude barely has muscles, with no six pack,and a big Arrowhead water gallon head. Characteristics that many would consider FAR FROM MARKETABLE, yet he's the league's posterboy/media darling. Isit because he's a "good ol" country boy? I should proabably warn those of you who are about to label me a hater. I am far from that, I wasrooting for dude in the Super Bowl so he doesn't end up like that cheesy dude on CBS, something marino. Out the league without a ring (hey that rhymes
pimp.gif
).

But what do you guys think about Peyton Manning off the field? On the field he plays like he's The Fonz, but when he's not in the shotgun formation andhe's off the field talking to reporters, you just get the feeling dude is about to drive away from the arena in a GEO Prism or something bumping LynardSkynard
tired.gif
discuss

You're right, he needs to have an iced-out jesus piece with 26 inch rims on his Maybach and be in all kinds of Youtube videos where he's outside clubstalking out of his@$%%.

Dude has that kind of a personality all the while having tremendous success on the field. What's there to discuss?

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

You're right, he needs to have an iced-out jesus piece with 26 inch rims on his Maybach and be in all kinds of Youtube videos where he's outside clubs talking out of his@$%%.

sick.gif
you know what i meant boy.
Dude has that kind of a personality all the while having tremendous success on the field. What's there to discuss?
look at Tom Brady. Tom Brady has been just as successful as Peyton Manning (word to the single season td record that used to be peyton's
laugh.gif
) and he's in tabloid magazines, he's infamous for banginmodels, and he's on the cover of popular magazines. However, you don't see Tom Brady with, what you referred to as, "an iced-out jesus piece with26 inch rims on his Maybach" (although I wouldn't put it past him cause dude is going kinda hard right now like he's from the hood
laugh.gif
on the field, that is). And while Brady isn't in "all kinds of Youtubevideos where he's outside clubs talking out of his@$%%.", he's definitely at those clubs (on the A-List) and you know he be talking out of his##**to those super models like "Yea baby, i once got tackled by a guy that was 7'3 400 lbs, OF ALL MUSCLE!
eek.gif
" girls just melting before his very eyes
smh.gif
My point here is, Tom Brady has "swag", and performs just as good as Peyton.Just my observations that's all.

So you need swag to be marketable?

Peyton is one of the best QB's in the league, and has a funny charismatic personality, which is very easily marketable.

I still don't get the point of this post.

What makes Peyton Manning good off the field, is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. It is a bit different from his persona in the huddle and thelunatic that you see calling audibles before the snap. He almost makes a 180 in the marketing world, because he isn't afraid to make fun of himself or hissquareness.

yea i feel you...both peyton and eli seem hella corny...but thats probably what makes peyton funny is that he's corny....he reminds me of one of those guysu laugh at not so much at what he's says...but more cuz he's so corny...

he's filthy on the field tho...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What makes Peyton Manning good off the field, is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. It is a bit different from his persona in the huddle and the lunatic that you see calling audibles before the snap. He almost makes a 180 in the marketing world, because he isn't afraid to make fun of himself or his squareness.

I agree.

Him and Marvin Harrison is like the perfect marriage.

They come to play every Sunday and let the results speak for themselves.

What makes Peyton Manning good off the field, is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. It is a bit different from his persona in the huddle and the lunatic that you see calling audibles before the snap. He almost makes a 180 in the marketing world, because he isn't afraid to make fun of himself or his squareness.

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

I am far from that, I was rooting for dude in the Super Bowl so he doesn't end up like that cheesy dude on CBS, something marino. Out the league without a ring (hey that rhymes
pimp.gif
).

Where/how does that rhyme? Just read it out loud ( I know you can, you wrote it).
Manning has obviously got it figured out, as he is in 90 % of thecommercials I see on TV.

Peyton Manning is a very likeable guy because he doesnt have all the muscles, looks, bling, and swag. He resembles most lower middle class, blue collar workersin America. He comes to work everyday with his lunchbox, does his job and goes home. He doesnt bad mouth the boss, or tries to overshine his co-workers..Ithink that's why he's so marketable not to mention he's not arrogant and succeeds off pure athletisism like many of today's athletes...Theaverage Jimbo sitting at home has an appreciation for his work ethic..You know the "Working hard gets you to the top".....

I don't see him at the clubs, driving anywhere...nothing. I have always wondered myself. Son must watch film all day.

I'd rather see Peyton in those commercials than Young Lloyd Banks aka Eli Manning. Between Eli & Banks, I don't know who has a more duller andmore monotone personality. Is it just me or does Eli always look confused?
laugh.gif

who said peyton don't got a six pack and no muscles? but peyton is just marketable.. nothing else to it..

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Peyton Manning is a very likeable guy because he doesnt have all the muscles, looks, bling, and swag. He resembles most lower middle class, blue collar workers in America. He comes to work everyday with his lunchbox, does his job and goes home. He doesnt bad mouth the boss, or tries to overshine his co-workers..I think that's why he's so marketable not to mention he's not arrogant and succeeds off pure athletisism like many of today's athletes...The average Jimbo sitting at home has an appreciation for his work ethic..You know the "Working hard gets you to the top".....

wow, now it all makes sense. i also remember Collin Cowherd saying something along the lines of "Peyton Manning looking like the average joe and notfabio" which makes him likable by the public, as opposed to the pretty boy who some might think would/could be conceited
laugh.gif
But it's just something I was thinking about when I was comparing hispersonality in the commercials to his personality after games (victory or defeat) and not being able to connect the dots. I was also wondering if dude evengets females on the side
nerd.gif
Surely, a dude in his position would'vebeen caught with a shorty or two by now
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
And let me not get started on his brother Eli. Eli Manning just looks likesomebody's little brother
laugh.gif

I don't see him at the clubs, driving anywhere...nothing. I have always wondered myself. Son must watch film all day.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ This is the kind of ignorant $+%+ I try to stay away from. That's a flat out stupid statement from (most likely) a dumb individual.

Back
Top Bottom