Serious Talk... Looking to move to Cali

I live in NYC & looking to move to Cali, with two of my friends.

We're in our Mid 20's, and need suggestions where to purchase a house.

Basically, we just need a change and though Cali should be fun.

As of now, we're looking at places in San Diego.. Any suggestions, is appreciated.

WHATTT!?!?!? i thought i was the only one who wanted to move to cali and out of this %@%# hole

Originally Posted by retepelnart

WHATTT!?!?!? i thought i was the only one who wanted to move to cali and out of this %@%# hole
lol..you know what.. I'm 25, I have a good job.. Some bank.. I just need a change.. Money comes & goes.. Time/Memory is all you have..

I dont want to be 35-40 with a child thinking.. WHAT IF!!!

Originally Posted by Toonz Diggler

As of now, we're looking at places in San Diego.. Any suggestions, is appreciated.

Im in NYC , I was in SD for 2 yrs.. I LOVED IT... I moved back to NY once I got out the military.... I plan on moving outta here in a few yrs... Its just hardstacking paper in this crazy city... CALI aint the cheapest place but if u make it here .... you know the rest

Look for cities outside of SAN DIEGO... ie ESCONDIDO , Natl City , etc... all in the same county but cheaper than the skyline
wink.gif

i might possibly doing the same thing next year. im 24 now, so i'd be 25 when i do it as well

I'm sure some NT'ers may give you some good advice...but wouldn't it make more sense to call up a real estate agent?

SD is coo. I live in the Los Angeles Area. If you dont like traffic then you wont like LA. Houses are really cheap right now. BUT DAMMM THATS A BIG MOVE.. Wishyou nothing but luck,.

Do you want to live in a city or suburb?
SD/LA are good places for the citylife. You'll have to deal with constant traffic in LA tho..and SD can get pretty expensive.
Orange County is slower, but the closer you get to the beach..the more you'll be paying.
I live in Rancho Cucamonga. Its pretty much in the middle of everything (40 mins from downtown, 30 mins from the OC, 20 minutes from Big Bear....1.5 hrs fromSD. It's probably the best city you can be in if you don't want to put up with the bad parts of big city living. You might want to peep a real estateagent tho.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Originally Posted by Toonz Diggler

Im in NYC , I was in SD for 2 yrs.. I LOVED IT... I moved back to NY once I got out the military.... I plan on moving outta here in a few yrs... Its just hard stacking paper in this crazy city... CALI aint the cheapest place but if u make it here .... you know the rest

Look for cities outside of SAN DIEGO... ie ESCONDIDO , Natl City , etc... all in the same county but cheaper than the skyline
wink.gif

word, u was station in camp pen? oceanside? when i was station there alot of east coast cat fell in love with the wheather and woman...some ended up stayingout here ....but i do agreed with OP, i dont wanna be asking myself question when i get older, life is short and the world is has to much to offer and see tobe missing out on....go out and enjoy it

What are your reasons for moving from NY to Cali?

Right now would be the perfect time to move, houses are really cheap right now.

coming from a cali boy....i'd say move somewhere in mid cali would be the best bet cause (from the obvious) you'd be right in the middle of everything.a lot is always going on up in norcal aka the bay. but in socal they have good beaches and disney land. just make sure you don't move too far north in calicause theres nothing up there....and if you go too far south, you're just getting closer to the mexico border (nuff said) haha.

Yeah Cali is most def the place to be..I go to other states and can't wait to come back.
For houses..I haven't checked San Diego area..but Inland Empire is mad cheap right now..that's maybe an hour away from San Diego, 30 min from OrangeCounty and like an hour from Los Angeles..also depend on how much you want to spend. What kind of home you want to buy. Got ?? Lemme know.

ShoeHefner5 wrote:
SD/LA are good places for the citylife. You'll have to deal with constant traffic in LA tho..and SD can get pretty expensive.
Orange County is slower, but the closer you get to the beach..the more you'll be paying.
I live in Rancho Cucamonga. Its pretty much in the middle of everything (40 mins from downtown, 30 mins from the OC, 20 minutes from Big Bear....1.5 hrs from SD. It's probably the best city you can be in if you don't want to put up with the bad parts of big city living. You might want to peep a real estate agent tho.

You serious?
laugh.gif
I'm in Corona, we are far from EVERYTHING homie.

SD = beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'd suggest going to the SOCAL forum, there is a humongous SD thread in there and most SD cats are real chill. Yeahthe traffic and price of living in SD is ridiculous, but the lifestyle is priceless.

***Yes the Inland Empire does have some cheap 4,000 sq foot houses for 300k, but once again its not worth it over here especially for a 20 y/o.

Back
Top Bottom